• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good luck to all of you guys.
    Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
    Me: you really want an answer to that
    Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

Comment

• To my knowledge, there should be two more classes after the September class this fiscal year.
      Vaya con dios

Comment

• No call yet. Is Springfield good with giving updates if I call? I don't wanna call and hear some scripted answer that's given 30 times a day by the same cranky person. If so, does anyone have a number?

Comment

• the most important thing is do not give up,I wore your shoes guys for good 6 years and can say ,when one agency calls you, another 2 will call you almost at the same time.
          Still thankful for all the advises given by Hapkidoka,Futureblue and other guys.
          If you don't get your call ,try again and again and eventually you will get this job,the academy is easy,just stay low and don't do anything you told not to do,it sucks,since it's so far away/chicago residents/foodwise and free time spending,but hey -it's only lasts for 6 weeks.i still consider the time i spent with IDOC a good experience and good way to make money.

Comment

• I got the call today for the next class. We are set to leave January 6. Just passing the info for anyone wondering

Comment

• For stateville? Do you know how many? I heard a rumor that stateville is going to have 30 officers this coming up class.
              Vaya con dios

Comment

• No, I am headed to Menard. I am not sure how many is head up for this class or my prison. I will keep you guys informed when I hear more. I have orientation on the 16th so I will know more then.

Comment

• Menard huh, nice. I've been there once.
                  Vaya con dios

Comment

• Yup! Im pretty excited. Its very close to my hometown. I have abunch of friends and family that work out there and love it. Ready to get started. Where you at now?

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by zmac33 View Post
                        Yup! Im pretty excited. Its very close to my hometown. I have abunch of friends and family that work out there and love it. Ready to get started. Where you at now?
                        I currently work at Stateville CC. We are a whole other animal than the rest of the department. Everyone refers to us as the illinois department of Stateville lol. Only current/former employees would understand.
                        Vaya con dios

Comment

• Yea I seen some videos on stateville. It is definitely a different creature. Hopefully I can get up there sometime and get a tour or something. How you liking it? Still a CO or you climbed the ladder?

Comment

• Menard is the place to be. Have lots of friends that work there. Things they do there would get you fired at any other place. Best joint in Illinois.

Comment

• Yea, i have abunch of friends and family there. they love it. alot of action. Hopefully put a few years in and transfer out. Its the easiest place to get on and get promotions.

Comment

• Nope, the easiest place to get on and get promoted is stateville. We basically run two facilities up here.
                                Vaya con dios

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6732 users online. 378 members and 6354 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X