Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got the call for Illinois River yet?

Comment

• Has anyone gotten the call for the February academy yet?

Comment

• Not yet. Hoping soon in the next 2 weeks or so. What joints did you put in for?

Comment

• lonyne
          lonyne commented
          Editing a comment
          I put Sheridan first choice and Pontiac second choice. Central screening told me that Sheridan is hiring and that I’m on the list, but my background is under administrative review currently, and I’m hoping it’s cleared by the deadline time..She also said Pontiac isn’t hiring for a LONG while. How about you?

• Haha pretty much same deal as you.

I put in for Sheridan (bc I worked there for 4 years) and Stateville (bc I figured they'd hire faster than Sheridan).

Yes Sheridan is approved for up to 20 for the February class. Rumor is they don't even have 20 that qualified, so that's a plus for us.

So yeah, also waiting on admin review, hoping it all clears in time. Unless you've worked for IDOC in the past and know the system, don't worry too much about rushing into Pontiac... just get into the department first and shoot for a transfer after 18 months.

Comment

• lonyne
          lonyne commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, the woman said I’m on the list for Sheridan, pending admin review completion. How long does it typically take? If you’ve been through it before. I’m super anxious and hopefully am not one of the “unqualified” people. Lol.

I need this baaaad, and I’m sure everyone does.

• Not sure man... my first time around was in '09 or '10 and I didn't have an admin review. It just depends on the timing of your test date vs institutional needs and chance and probability and luck.

If you're on a list currently then you're qualified, and assuming you pass the background, you're pretty much in... just keep an eye out for the call.

Comment

• lonyne
          lonyne commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, I am on the hiring list for Sheridan, but she said they can’t call until my background is out of review. How long has yours been in review?

• lonyne
          lonyne commented
          Editing a comment
          I tested 12/11/18, got tattoo email 12/27/18, and it’s been in review since 01/02/19.

• I tested mid October, had a delay with getting a "certified" DD214 turned in, then got the tattoo email on Dec 27th. Not sure how long the admin review portion takes or where it really begins...

Comment

• Another day of silence.

Comment

• Isn't it awesome how intense it is just waiting. Anticipation is killer. Especially when your whole life is revolving around that call. I have already done the tattoo email. I am guessing there is no January class? I was hoping there was but they typically do the drug screens 2 weeks in advance so you can give a proper notice to current employers.

Comment

• lonyne
              lonyne commented
              Editing a comment
              It’s horrible man! I literally watch my phone all day long. && From my understanding there isn’t a Jan Class. There’s 100% a Feb class though. I know that for a fact. No rumor. So hopefully we get the call this week! Because next week would put us in the 2 week timeframe you were referring to. What sucks is that I don’t even know if my background is cleared yet.

• Well I got DQ’d today. I appealed it right away. Lady said she’s printing it out and sending it over right away for reconsideration. Good luck everyone else!

Comment

• What is the likelihood of getting an appeal reversal? I appealed right away.

Comment

• Appeal was successful and I am officially back on the hiring list!

Comment

• Any calls for Feb class yet?

Comment

• Class of about 145 started this week. Another group should be starting in three weeks. Good luck to those waiting.

Comment

• lonyne
                      lonyne commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Do you know for what prisons?

• lonyne
                      lonyne commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I know Sheridan starts Feb 4th.

• Not 100% sure for what prisons, but I believe Stateville will be one for sure. I’m starting week 5 of my class, and they will be starting week 2 of the larger class. Rumor has it that IDJJ might also have a class coming through too. Good luck to all those waiting. Should be seeing some movement soon.

Comment

• lonyne
                      lonyne commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks! I’m guessing the hiring process should be coming this week, since they usually hire around 2 weeks before the class so people can give their two week notice at their current jobs. Good luck on the rest of your training!

• Another silent day

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10802 users online. 451 members and 10351 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X