Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't say I'm very thrilled about my odds then lol, I'm trying for Morgan or Brown.

Comment

• ayenic
      ayenic commented
      Editing a comment
      Could the clas starting when Pontiac starts. I don’t think we have any brown or Morgan with us but I could be wrong.

• I was told there will be a other class starting Aug 22. They have been overlapping classes so once we are about half way through another class will be starting

Comment

• Originally posted by ayenic View Post
      I was told there will be a other class starting Aug 22. They have been overlapping classes so once we are about half way through another class will be starting
      Doubtful since Aug 22nd is a wednesday... If they do overlap classes it's during Class A's week 6 and Class B's Week 1...

Comment

• i tested in DEC 2017 at Springfield and waited for my score the 6 to 8 weeks and nothing i waited 3 more weeks and still no letter i then emailed and called them and they sent me an email and also a letter with my score i got a 79 and i put in for Hillsborough and big muddy river near mt veron around may they sent me the tattoo email to which i sent the requested photos

they would then sent me me a email saying a the background check is being done a couple weeks later i got a letter to appeal because of sustainability issues i then appealed and last month they said they are doing another background check so now im a little confused and im trying to find out if any body has had issues like this

I have been taking classes to work in corrections but would rather just get a job with the state instead of paying for school any help is appreciated

Comment

• lonyne
          lonyne commented
          Editing a comment
          My case is under administrative review currently, and central screening said they don’t know why. How long did it take to hear back from administrative review for you, to let you know to appeal? Mine has been in review since Wednesday 01/02/19.

• Anyone got a call?

Comment

• Does IDOC still require you to go to your home facility and take a ride in an IDOC vehicle to the academy each week? Would much rather just drive down there myself

Comment

• ayenic
            ayenic commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes you have to be transported by the state. Where are you going?

• inventorchris
            inventorchris commented
            Editing a comment
            I want to apply for the Treatment Officer position, but don't like the not being able drive

• Has anyone received a call yet? From statesville anyone?

Comment

• Can anyone verify if you need a FOID to be a correctional Treatment Officer

Comment

• Pretty sure you do. Had a friend going through a divorce she hit him with an OP. Couldn't posses a Foid card during that period and was basically put on leave. Couple days and a lawyer later OP dropped and he was back to work.

Comment

• Any new people on here? Just curious where your at in the process. I tested the beginning of Nov... just waiting for now

Comment

• slimer07
                  slimer07 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I tested in July, Had to appeal my background check , then had to reappeal due to board decision( this happens when you have family working there) and now am hopefully going to get a call for the upcoming class.

• Originally posted by inventorchris View Post
                Can anyone verify if you need a FOID to be a correctional Treatment Officer
                Negative

Comment

• I got the call!!!
                  what can I expect at the academy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sterling719 View Post
                    I got the call!!!
                    what can I expect at the academy?
                    first off Congrats!

The academy is pretty much straightforward, you arrive at the facility that hired you, from there it's a ride to the academy in Springfield for the week! They've changed it up somewhat since I went through but expect to have your bags dumped out during check in, dont want to spoil too much for you..

What facility did you choose?

Comment

• Can anyone tell me what kind of items are needed for the training academy. Im just trying to get ahead of shopping before Christmas. I apologize if this is previously addressed in another post.

Comment

• Are they running two classes at the December academy or just CTOT?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11178 users online. 459 members and 10719 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X