Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update ..we just had a class come in from academy on 3weeks being at our facility now ..I'm pretty sure another class will be going down soon I heard some talks of it ..Pontiac is always hiring if you guys realy want to get on ...this class that just came on said last academy Logan didn't have anyone ..maybe this next class ..all the "info" I got ..learning everything at work so not able to give some info back as much as before I was hired lol

Comment

• I went a head and applied for another test date. Figured it's best to have it done before my year is up. I guess on the upside my score will be good for 3 yrs now.

Comment

• Well got a December 13th test date. Maybe after this one I'll hear from IDOC before my test score expires lol

Comment

• Did anyone receive calls today

Comment

• Del85
            Del85 commented
            Editing a comment
            I wish, you?

• Yes sir I did what was your score

Comment

• Del85
            Del85 commented
            Editing a comment
            56 or 58, what places did you put down as option? When does your academy start?

• Jan 22 Statesville

Comment

• Del85
            Del85 commented
            Editing a comment
            Congratulations!

• cpd2010*
            cpd2010* commented
            Editing a comment
            Stateville. Sorry I used to work there lol. Statesville is the haunted house. Make sure you don't say Statesville down at the academy or facility!

• Thx man Anyone else gets a call please post it

Comment

• Lol I use Siri auto talk text it put the s in there lol I won’t say that lol did u like working there ?any tips or concerns?

Comment

• cpd2010*
              cpd2010* commented
              Editing a comment
              I worked there for about a year and a half. Safety is always going to be #1 concern. The inmates r going to know ur new and will test u. Don't act like a tough guy know it all but be "firm fair consistent" as u will hear dozens of times. I left in may/June of 2016 so I'm sure a lot has changed. Behind the wall refers to stateville and NRC (northern reception center) is where the new inmates r housed. I worked there when F house, aka round house was open so that was it's own animal. I look back and it was fun to work there. It helped shape the person I am today and helped me advance my LE career. I now work for Dallas police.

Feel free to msg me with any questions or concerns. The academy food and housing suck lol.

• scotty_appleton814
              scotty_appleton814 commented
              Editing a comment
              How is Dallas Pd treating you?

• cpd2010*
              cpd2010* commented
              Editing a comment
              it has been very challenging to say this least. They're a lot of things that can trip you up and get you kicked out of the academy here. 36 weeks of testing, pt, rbt, car chasing pursuits, but mostly the physical aspect of the training is what gets most people to quit or get fired. If you look at the video on the DPD website you can see all the things that a recruit goes through on a daily basis. Its no joke in this heat either. Running 3 miles in heat with gear is tough. but its been a great experience for me. i love it.

• Can idoc officers carry to and from work? If they have a ccl, can they carry on property in their cars? In the process, just wondering

Comment

• From what I’m to understand you can only carry to and from work under the same guidelines of concealing carry I don’t think you have any type of open carry at least for ID OC I’m still trying to figure out if they provide a firearm for you or what they actually give you I will find out at the Academy I guess LOL

Comment

• Cool. Thanks! I haven’t heard anything from them in awhile, but hopefully the job will come!

Comment

• Originally posted by Joey Kar View Post
                  From what I’m to understand you can only carry to and from work under the same guidelines of concealing carry I don’t think you have any type of open carry at least for ID OC I’m still trying to figure out if they provide a firearm for you or what they actually give you I will find out at the Academy I guess LOL
                  The academy you'll qualify with a revolver and shotgun, not sure if they still do the mini-14. You aren't provided any firearms at IDOC!

Comment

• Anyone have info on the way test are scored now, and if the testing is different? I heard you are scored differently now. I retest again tomorrow, spent the last year on the list with no luck.

Comment

• So no to from carry with your own?

Comment

• AJC IDOC
                        AJC IDOC commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes you can CC your own firearm under the state CC law and regulations. While your car is on state property your weapons must be locked in your glove box or trunk.
                        They will go over all of this at academy or your trainer at Stateville will answer questions.
                        Good luck to all going to academy Jan 22.
                        PS. The food is to die for ... JK. It's only 6 weeks of crap food.

• Wonder if all calls have gone out?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10934 users online. 451 members and 10483 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X