Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm #1 from my facility with seniority draw so I am wating for the two on days get bumped to 2nd shift that would be 4 people before I can be mandated!! I'm preparing my work bag this week cuz I'm first up for a mandate this week I would of gotten it done and out of the way Friday night if I didn't have a day trade Saturday morning...lol
    @ Future just think where you're gonna be is only for 6weeks so you don't have to go overboard with your items. I didn't even use my mouth guard for control tactics and a cup isn't even necessary. I would say stick to the basics and necessities and having a boot brush and polish is very necessary so if nothing else have them your shoes need to stay shined! As far as benefits check out the Illinois CMS website click benefits and it explains it all. I think I pay $114 per check cuz insurance went up July 1st... On the bright side we got raises too!! A score of 69 is pretty decent I thought my score of 77 was low but people I already knew in corrections said it was a good score. I know I would have at least an 80 if I moved up closer to hear the video on the day I tested lol I know I missed important information

Comment

• There won't be a class in November because of the holidays (is what i think) so I'm pretty sure there may be another one until January. There is a budget for 4 classes this fiscal year and this one that started last Monday is the first one so hopefully you'll be on the next one. I tested last June and was called in December for the January academy.

Comment

• If you have a chance ,go for Sheridan,they have plenty of great officers .i wish they never moved the previous warden.
        It's been almost a year since I graduated from IDOC academy,good luck to everyone who has chosen this career,prepare for the worse food ever but time will fly ,6 weeks is a joke comparing to my current academy that is 6 months.

Comment

• The only negative thing I've heard about Sheridan is that overtime is almost non existent. Here at stateville, there is plenty of that.

@Americoza, my plan is to do exactly what you did. Get in, build my resume, and get out.
          Vaya con dios

Comment

• Originally posted by Americoza View Post
            If you have a chance ,go for Sheridan,they have plenty of great officers .i wish they never moved the previous warden.
            It's been almost a year since I graduated from IDOC academy,good luck to everyone who has chosen this career,prepare for the worse food ever but time will fly ,6 weeks is a joke comparing to my current academy that is 6 months.
            Didn't you apply for cpd?

Comment

• [QUOTE=jailguard...;3333495]Didn't you apply for CPD ?

That's my current academy bro,CPD.

Comment

• Originally posted by ibarrae7 View Post
                The only negative thing I've heard about Sheridan is that overtime is almost non existent. Here at stateville, there is plenty of that.

@Americoza, my plan is to do exactly what you did. Get in, build my resume, and get out.
                I left Sheridan exactly when Dwight people got transferred in ,before that we'd had plenty of overtime ,I remember being mandated a few times.since people start retiring OT will come back.

Comment

• I honestly don't mind where I get in. I just need my foot in the law enforcement door. I scored really well on other exams I've taken in the past and I'm about 10 months away from getting my degree so I'm sure I'll get into a police or sheriffs dept some time within the next few years

Comment

• These are my two cents on IDOC.

My goal is to become the police. I figure, I can save many sick, personal, and holidays I can use for days off to take exams. If nothing comes up within two years. I can bump for Fridays and Saturdays off and take every single test that comes up. In the meantime, work on my masters degree and continue building my resume. FutureCop, if you really want to become the police, keep trying and if you are qualified, you will become the police.
                    Vaya con dios

Comment

• Is hiring year round or do they announce vacancies?

Comment

• Originally posted by topflight View Post
                        Is hiring year round or do they announce vacancies?
                        Yes, they hire year round.
                        Vaya con dios

Comment

• Originally posted by ibarrae7 View Post
                          The only negative thing I've heard about Sheridan is that overtime is almost non existent. Here at stateville, there is plenty of that.

that's a good plan, stick to it,apply for CPD,they are hiring.

Comment

• Does anyone know what the 2014 budget is like for hiring?

Comment

• Next academy is September 30th... Anyone get a call?

Comment

• @ top flight idk if any talks of the 2014 budget going on. My guess is he knows there's a shortage and maybe the same amount if class's go through. My guess will be to start following the news around late March/April that's when they start discussing the next FY budget very much in May

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3954 users online. 202 members and 3752 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X