300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KrayJack View Post

Cook county does have arresting powers..our GOs state this aswell..
    I'm sure they have to do the same thing we do and turn them over to the jurisdiction we're in when arrest is made.

Comment

• scotty_appleton814
      scotty_appleton814 commented
      Editing a comment
      If a CC road deputy made an arrest,would he turn the arrestee over to the local jurisdiction? He or she would be the local jurisdiction! So what would a correctional deputy do if they arrested someone?
      Last edited by scotty_appleton814; 09-17-2017, 09:39 AM.

• True. But a little different than IDOC still...for example IDOC could only make arrests of an individual who were in their custody I believe..

Comment

• Some of you sound like you're going to get in a legal jam with this arresting people stuff. Get on the County, get Deputized as a Peace Officer and call 911 with a good description of the offender. Why would you want to end up going to court when you're trying to keep a new job? Nothing I post here has anything to do with protecting a life. That's a judgment call and could be unavoidable.
      Last edited by niles2012; 09-16-2017, 10:39 PM.

Comment

• Bman4130
        Bman4130 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes this is ridiculous. Get hired. Get thru the academy. Go to work. Make money. Go home. Be safe and work overtime. You won't be arresting someone and if you do, you'll be on the news.

• I don't want to arrest anyone lol. I want to do just what Bman said. Unfortunately my window is rapidly closing before I have to test again. Only have 4 months left.

Comment

Last edited by niles2012; 09-17-2017, 12:59 PM.

Comment

• Del85
          Del85 commented
          Editing a comment
          Moving up north just isn't an option for me, I'm a single dad with full time custody. I need something somewhat close to my area. Jacksonville is 20 min from home, but apparently that is very hard to get in.

• Del85, I can totally relate.
        Last edited by niles2012; 09-17-2017, 12:57 PM.

Comment

• Del85
          Del85 commented
          Editing a comment
          Well luckily after our seperation she became pretty involved in drugs. Maybe "luckily isn't the right word" long story short she has no rights or visitation. Havent even heard from her for a year. Ik it's not ideal for my son but better than having her seeing him and disappearing for months on end.

Last edited by niles2012; 09-17-2017, 03:05 AM. Reason: PM if you want to.

Comment

• Anyone have any ideas on when next class is?

Comment

Last edited by niles2012; 09-23-2017, 12:52 AM.

Comment

• Anyone get a call recently?

Comment

• Joey Kar
                Joey Kar commented
                Editing a comment
                No not yet did u I did call central screening and they did say that Iā€™m in processing and on the list for the next hire for Statesville. Did you get a call? Also what jail are you going for

• No call for me either, I'm going for Lincoln, or Mt. Sterling

Comment

• Well got some bad news today. Called screening, I'm still processing. She said they aren't hiring and are at a stand still (exact words), she recommended that I go ahead and schedule a retest date as my score is only good till February. That was a tough pill to swallow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Del85 View Post
                  Well got some bad news today. Called screening, I'm still processing. She said they aren't hiring and are at a stand still (exact words), she recommended that I go ahead and schedule a retest date as my score is only good till February. That was a tough pill to swallow.

Look elsewhere! County Feds in different states are hiring, better pay, better benefits, safer joints and an ACTUAL pension.

Comment

• Del85
                    Del85 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Unfortunately relocation isn't an option.

• Bman4130
                    Bman4130 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That's unfortunate. Make sure you put aside enough to cover your pension not being there.

• Any news yet ?

Comment

• Got my score in the mail today, unsure if I will retest. The information they gave us at the test is completely different than what the letter says so I'm really not sure what to interrupt the score as. Letter says I got a 91 (which is maybe between 70-75 on old score sheet? ) I know there are a few points I missed since I couldn't prove I had a bachelors yet and one answer on the written test I totally forgot. I have no LE, military or management experience.

Comment

• Del85
                      Del85 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      So test are scored different now? I'm confused, how does this affect people who were scored by old score sheet?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8072 users online. 227 members and 7845 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X