Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you have to fill out 3 separate employee reference check forms? I've been with my current employer for over 8 years but have been at 2 locations. My first and original one for 2 years and my present one for little over 6 years.. but all my information transfers to my current store and I don't think anyone from my original store is around anymore... And the employer before that I know no one who works there... I haven't stepped foot in that clothing store in over 8 years.

Or would sending it to present employer but to 3 different people work? Store manager, assistant store manager, human resources ?

Comment

• AJC IDOC
      AJC IDOC commented
      Editing a comment
      It would go to 3 separate companies. If your current employer (no matter how many locations you had worked at) is a corporate business, all reference checks will be sent to the corporate address.

• Has anyone been hired by idoc and what does in process mean as far as applications steps also how long did it take to get a call once you were confirmed being processed ?
    Last edited by Joey Kar; 08-24-2017, 01:32 AM.

Comment

• jamal
      jamal commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey I start the academy tomorrow!!! Very excited but not sure what to expect . But to your question regarding what happens next in the process , I got my call 2 weeks ago , it was a guy from central screening and all he's going to ask you if you except the offer of employment , next he tells you if your hired at the facility you chose and last he tells you that your going to get a phone call from a lieutenant in the next couple of days to schedule your orientation. Orientation is 2 days and basically it's all paper work , drug test and couple of shots lol and that's it Brother !!! The lieutenant is going to give your academy start dates and info on what to bring for the academy . I wish you luck and please feel free to ask questions!!

• When you posted I got the notification, I was hoping you got your call. I haven't checked my status. But went and did my drug test for Bowling Green. I'll be going there next week. Hopefully I get my IL call soon. I'd love to know if calls have went out yet or not.

Comment

• Joey Kar
      Joey Kar commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I called central screening and they told me I went from being on the higher list to being actually in process and being reviewed I thought maybe there was some more steps I was on aware of lol. Just didn’t know how long it actually took trying to get my schedules together over here with my family

• Congrats Jamal! Looks like I'll be waiting another 6 weeks at least. What prison are you going to?

Comment

• jamal
      jamal commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you !!! I picked stateville .

• Congrats dude Are you going to Statesville

Comment

• jamal
      jamal commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you !!Yeah Brother I'm going to stateville, it's close to home . Hey Brother you will be next soon !!!

• Great job and glad you got the close one private message me I’d love to hear more about the academy lol

Comment

• Did a bit of thinking last night. If they run academies back to back that's only 2 more academies this year. Not feeling like a call is going to come during that time. Guess I'll have to retest soon.

Comment

• Just got the email for testing on the 28th. Cook County is due to go down to $44,201 from $54,201 on December 1st. I'm pretty sure at this point I won't be invited back to the Academy so IDOC looks better than ever. $1200 worth of County uniforms and supplies in my closet unfortunately.
        Last edited by niles2012; 09-06-2017, 03:04 PM.

Comment

• Joey Kar
          Joey Kar commented
          Editing a comment
          You got the email for idoc and what’s it for are u going to the academy or do u need to test to get in on the 29th?

• Originally posted by littleguy View Post
        Severe, first things first I have been on the job longer then two years. The CO job is dangerous and it is a security gig. Police and Corrections are different. Cook County CO's are the police. They have arrest powers where IDOC and most county CO'S have none. If you didn't like what I posted then don't respond. Other then that it's my opinion.
        Cook County COs Do NOT have the powers of arrest. They are sworn Peace Officers not Police Officers and this is explained clearly and often many times. Cook County "Deputizes" their offficers whereas other counties don't. Cook is 4 months of training and others are 2.

Comment

• Joey Kar, Its the 28th (I corrected my post) and its testing. Test, get a score then wait to get called for the Academy, if ever.

Comment

• Del85
            Del85 commented
            Editing a comment
            The if ever part is for sure lol. I'll have to retest soon.

• Once your in process that means they got to your name on the list

Comment

• Del85
            Del85 commented
            Editing a comment
            Ive been processing for 2 months. Is that normal?

• Del85,
          yes processing can take that long. We had cadets who tested in Feb I tested in March and accepted the offer end of June . It's the state. Patience is very necessary.

Comment

• Del85
            Del85 commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry to pester, but since they've got to my name on the list does that mean I'm more or less waiting for my choices to need people? I also tested in February, my choices are Logan, and Mt. Sterling. Would you by chance know the situation at these places?

• Oh my God the wait is killing me how does it take so long to process LOL I believe the testing and the job is easy compared to the amount of time you have to wait that is definitely the hardest for me

Comment

• Originally posted by niles2012 View Post

Cook County COs Do NOT have the powers of arrest. They are sworn Peace Officers not Police Officers and this is explained clearly and often many times. Cook County "Deputizes" their offficers whereas other counties don't. Cook is 4 months of training and others are 2.
            Cook county does have arresting powers..our GOs state this aswell..

Comment

• scotty_appleton814
              scotty_appleton814 commented
              Editing a comment
              Is that powers of arrests of those in your custody only? Are there policies and procedures in place for an arrest made of a subject who is not in custody or not on courthouse grounds?

• Originally posted by KrayJack View Post

Cook county does have arresting powers..our GOs state this aswell..
            I just got my point proven by a CO on this board. They are Deputized.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14293 users online. 454 members and 13839 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X