Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KrayJack View Post

Wtf. How do you know?
    Wife of a guy at facility tested a couple weeks ago. All she had to do was the written portions. It's also taken off of the IDOC website.

Comment

• Wow. Im thinking of switching my choice from Pontiac to Stateville or Menard. How is it working at any of these places if anyone can chime in?

Comment

• I would recommend anyone still waiting for a call to consider one of the 4 designated RTU facilities. We've been pretty much hiring nonstop. Talked to a COT the other day who had a score of 49.

Comment

• Originally posted by Idochopeful View Post
          Wow. Im thinking of switching my choice from Pontiac to Stateville or Menard. How is it working at any of these places if anyone can chime in?
          I'm at Pontiac. It's not too bad, lots of overtime if you want it.

Comment

• I PM'd u. I am going to the academy for Pontiac March 13th. KrayJack

Comment

• Idochopeful Maybe it's a stupid question but do they pay u thru the academy? And when is ur orientation?

Comment

• 2046 Well they called me about 2 weeks ago which is VERY early than they usually call people. They said Pontiac CC will be calling me with orientation dates before this Friday if not call them back. And you do get paid during the academy is what I have heard

Comment

• Originally posted by Idochopeful View Post
                  I PM'd u. I am going to the academy for Pontiac March 13th. KrayJack
                  Nice. Enjoy the food down there. After you're done with the six weeks. I'll see you around!

Comment

• Originally posted by 2046 View Post
                    Idochopeful Maybe it's a stupid question but do they pay u thru the academy? And when is ur orientation?
                    Yes you will be paid during your academy time.

Comment

• How long after the academy do they place u somewhere?

Is the wage freeze ever going to be uplifted?

Comment

How long after the academy do they place u somewhere?

Is the wage freeze ever going to be uplifted?
                        as long as there isnt a state budget there will be a freeze on the steps. I doubt the governor is going to sign a union contract either.

after you finish the academy, you get to your facility and have an orientation (at stateville it was 1 week in a classroom) and then attended roll call and placed at an assignment like everyone else. youre supposed to have a "shadow week" once youre on deck (an assignment).
                        Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

Comment

• What type of weapon do they test at the academy?

Comment

What type of weapon do they test at the academy?
                            Shotgun, revolver and mini-14

Comment

• How in depth is the background check for DOC and does DOC or ISP conduct them?

Comment

• In-depth enough to uncover criminal and delinquent behavior
                                Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
                                USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
                                "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
                                Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4796 users online. 207 members and 4589 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X