300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Payne View Post

If you are trying to get into STATEVILLE then I suggest you don't call it statesville. This will make a lot of your co-workers upset. You'll see what I mean when you get there.
    lol ... true statement.
    Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Payne View Post
      I used to work for IDOC and now I'm on at a local department. To clarify, IDOC does NOT have any rights to carry oustside of a CCW, both per policy and law. I don't normally chime in on conversations but I don't want to see some of this OUTRAGEOUS advice get someone in trouble. Even the training staff at the academy and at your facility will tell you that you CAN NOT carry without the proper state CCW license, which they
      will help you get! You will then be allowed to carry under the same guidelines as a member of the general public. IDOC will never allow off duty carry
      and will not stick by you if you get in trouble for it. There are a lot of wannabe cops in IDOC that will tell you otherwise, please don't listen to them! I have seen an IDOC officer out in public with a duty belt on (including a Glock on the belt) and I just shook my head knowing that he was a rookie already making bad decisions. You have to know that even though most local departments will not mind
      Reading is fundamental people... but again, we can agree to disagree, I'm very familiar with the law, and have even fine too seminars and FOP meetings in the matter. No one in the upper hierarchy of I DOC will tell you these things until you present them with the facts, then they laugh and smile when they realize you may know some ****... but you are 100% There are a lot of wannabe cowboys at Stateville, I hate people in the inside wearing holsters on their duty rig...but that's neither here nor there. I clearly stated it is better for you to get the ccw, because if something goes wrong DOC will drop you when they find out. IDOC is a retarded sometimes... and frankly I'm tired of talking about our inadequacies, as it may be deterring possible cadets, cadets we need to make the place a little safer, which is what's really important!

FYI we've had this debate atleast 10 times on this very thread, you can feel free to go back and check, it's chopped with a lot of great information.

Comment

• Originally posted by cpd2010* View Post

lol ... true statement.
        SoSorry for that typo and 71 sounds like a pretty good score its such long wait. Seems like it should be faster then 8-10 weeks for employment verification

Comment

• Originally posted by 2046 View Post

SoSorry for that typo and 71 sounds like a pretty good score its such long wait. Seems like it should be faster then 8-10 weeks for employment verification
          state works slow...lol
          Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

Comment

• Took the test 10/2015. Got called last week (Stateville). Time almost ran out.....
            Last edited by Nair_stats15; 10-27-2016, 11:04 PM.

Comment

• A whole year waiting? That's disheartening. What was your score?

Comment

• A year seems horrible, but when you've been on a list line day Chicago for 3+ years you're grateful for the one lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus_C View Post
                  A year seems horrible, but when you've been on a list line day Chicago for 3+ years you're grateful for the one lol.
                  Cook County wait could be longer also lol

Comment

• Starting academy Monday. Any pointers on what to expect

Comment

• when I went it still was a paramilitary. They made us quickly get to to our spots...march..run to wherever were going. Once you get off the bus they unload all the duffel bags. Then you run into the gym where you unload all of your belongings so they search through it to make sure you dont have anything you're not supposed to. I suggest you pack everything in zip lock bags so when you dump your bag your sh*t isnt all over the place. then you have to repack it and run to your dorms where you get your academy sweats and bedsheets. You will have to make your bed, make your 45 degree corners. You will take exams every friday before you go home. the food sucks. it really isnt difficult. just listen and do your work. you will be fine. they used to split people in 3 platoons..so that way each platoon has a different week of either control tactics, range, and restraints. have fun!

Comment

• Yeah it's pretty much the same way except now you're allowed to have your *cell phones*

Comment

• Originally posted by KCS_DEP View Post
                          when I went it still was a paramilitary. They made us quickly get to to our spots...march..run to wherever were going. Once you get off the bus they unload all the duffel bags. Then you run into the gym where you unload all of your belongings so they search through it to make sure you dont have anything you're not supposed to. I suggest you pack everything in zip lock bags so when you dump your bag your sh*t isnt all over the place. then you have to repack it and run to your dorms where you get your academy sweats and bedsheets. You will have to make your bed, make your 45 degree corners. You will take exams every friday before you go home. the food sucks. it really isnt difficult. just listen and do your work. you will be fine. they used to split people in 3 platoons..so that way each platoon has a different week of either control tactics, range, and restraints. have fun!
                          When did u go

Comment

• Originally posted by K31 View Post

The entire academy is different also. It's no longer paramilitary. It's more of a college atmosphere.
                            I start Monday. What do I have to look forward to

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevgui73 View Post

When did u go
                              back a few years ago.
                              Last edited by KCS_DEP; 11-12-2016, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• Found out I scored a 62 and that they usually hire people who have a 50 or higher, being said that I am ****ed off that score sucks!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4611 users online. 244 members and 4367 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X