300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Marzo5 View Post

Thats what I was afraid of. CC permit is such a scam in Illinois, well anywhere being that permits to carry are unconstitutional but that's besides the point. But 150 dollars to CC when I paid 35 for mine in WA
    Yea you will have to pay the 150.00 but the course is given to you in the academy. They will ask you if you want to apply for the CC permit just say YES and stay on top of them to process the paper work. Its the state they do everything slow. Believe it or not, some people dont want it no idea why but they dont. If you need to be armed at your facility well at least at the ville they will issue you a weapon for the day.
    Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

Comment

• Originally posted by cpd2010* View Post

Yea you will have to pay the 150.00 but the course is given to you in the academy. They will ask you if you want to apply for the CC permit just say YES and stay on top of them to process the paper work. Its the state they do everything slow. Believe it or not, some people dont want it no idea why but they dont. If you need to be armed at your facility well at least at the ville they will issue you a weapon for the day.
      I'm at Pontiac and it's pretty much the same here as far as that CC permit goes..you will need a FOID card before applying for the conceal carry

Comment

• Originally posted by KrayJack View Post

I'm at Pontiac and it's pretty much the same here as far as that CC permit goes..you will need a FOID card before applying for the conceal carry
        You needed that FOID to even apply so that should already be in your possession.

Comment

You needed that FOID to even apply so that should already be in your possession.
          Not true...should be, but at no point in time was it required for us to submit a foid card to work for DOC...not sure how the state gets away with it, maybe because we technically don't need to own a firearm for our job...IDK, but you can be employed by DOC at 18 years old, you cannot legally purchase a handgun until age 21.

Comment

• Anyone waiting to get hired on in Will County (Stateville and eventually the mental health joint) your time may be coming... I'm just thinking out loud here, but with CPD having this hiring surge, and Joliet hiring I got a feeling between the two we're bout to lose a **** ton of officers in the next coming months.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus_C View Post

Not true...should be, but at no point in time was it required for us to submit a foid card to work for DOC...not sure how the state gets away with it, maybe because we technically don't need to own a firearm for our job...IDK, but you can be employed by DOC at 18 years old, you cannot legally purchase a handgun until age 21.
              This is correct!

Comment

This is correct!
                Well it was required for when I went through the process.

Comment

Which process?

Comment

Possible I suppose, but highly unlikely... it's very much more likely that you're mistaken as it was some time ago, than it is that it wasn't required for me, was required for you, and then wasn't again required for krayjack almost two years later.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marzo5 View Post
                      Also out of my own curiosity, can CO's carry off duty? Sorry if answered recently.
                      Legally yes, by department policy no. C/O's by the letter of the law fall under LEOSA off duty carry, but IDOC reserves the right to veto that by making it a policy you have to have a CCW.

Comment

Possible I suppose, but highly unlikely... it's very much more likely that you're mistaken as it was some time ago, than it is that it wasn't required for me, was required for you, and then wasn't again required for krayjack almost two years later.
                        You might be right, you might be wrong....wait you might be right. wait you might be wrong. Oh your right the state isn't half *** backwards. Oh did I mention that things change as well. Oh wait your right. When I tested, the video wasn't a pass or fail. But it was when my friend tested. Oh wait your right nothing changes.

Comment

Legally yes, by department policy no. C/O's by the letter of the law fall under LEOSA off duty carry, but IDOC reserves the right to veto that by making it a policy you have to have a CCW.
                          CCW limits your carry powers. If you see the sign that states no guns you as an IDOC employee cant carry in that place. If your arrested you can lose your job, not that it will happen but its a slippers slope. These three items you must comply with: have statutory powers of arrest, (which you don't)

be authorized by the agency to carry a firearm: ( which you don't either off duty). be authorized by law to engage in or supervise the prevention, detection, investigation, or prosecution of, or the incarceration of any person for, any violation of law, ( which you can't) Just saying.

Comment

• If your confused about laws in reference to off duty carry here is a little insight.

http://www.policemag.com/channel/wea...ly-to-you.aspx

http://www.leoaffairs.com/news/concealed-carry-leos/

http://www.leoaffairs.com/featured/concealed-carry-leos-part-2/
                            Last edited by cpd2010*; 10-20-2016, 07:04 AM.

Comment

• Disregard....
                              Last edited by KrayJack; 10-20-2016, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Most local police usually won't give us any issues if we carry where the sign says we can't..which is why it's called "concealed carry". I'm also certain that we can arrest off duty depending on the individual...
                                I say try it, but you can't arrest anyone trust me. You dont have police powers. Dont be fooled by what you think you know. I always say research.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4106 users online. 206 members and 3900 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X