300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KrayJack View Post

When I was in the academy last month we couldn't bring our cell phones, food still sucks, instead of platoons it's called "groups" now, it's still a point system to earn vending or lounge privileges and you will do a seniority draw your first week in the academy...
    I would like to bust some myths, I heard you can come home on weekends? Also heard that they provide transportation. Sounds far fetched to me but I'd rather know. If they are false can you give me the actual procedure? Just have the wife being curious lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Marzo5 View Post

I would like to bust some myths, I heard you can come home on weekends? Also heard that they provide transportation. Sounds far fetched to me but I'd rather know. If they are false can you give me the actual procedure? Just have the wife being curious lol
      A couple of things I do know. We do come home on weekend's and they do bring u on Monday and take u back friday.

Comment

Yes you go home on weekends..Friday and Monday will be your shortest days usually. Also whatever facility hired you...you will report there early Monday morning and the bus or van will take all the cadets to Springfield

Comment

The last time when I was in the academy they did not allow cell phones as well. But someone told me that they are starting to. I guess that was wrong info. The bus that picked me up for the academy starts out at Stateville and stops at pontiac and sometimes lincoln picks up people on the way down the Springfield. Other facilities do have bus service that takes you down to the academy.
          Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

Comment

• Awesome guys I appreciate the info!

Comment

• Are you paid for time during academy? If so, how? I would hope direct deposit will be set up or how's that work?

Comment

• Originally posted by KrayJack View Post

Anywhere from 3 to 9 months depending on your background and facility!
                Statesville and LaSalle were my choices

Comment

• If there closing a section of stateville down does this mean there not going to be hiring for awhile?

Comment

Are you paid for time during academy? If so, how? I would hope direct deposit will be set up or how's that work?
                    Yes from the first day...a bit of warning if you get hurt during your stay at the academy level you will STOP being paid until such time you can return for the next academy date.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2046 View Post
                      If there closing a section of stateville down does this mean there not going to be hiring for awhile?
                      Not sure. I am no longer there but have friends that are. From what they tell me, they are closing the round house only. And they have the new mental health facility opening soon. I hear 400 officers for that location but that may have changed. And those officers will have a different title. I heard that they are also going from revolvers to glocks, and from blue shirts to tan.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2046 View Post
                        If there closing a section of stateville down does this mean there not going to be hiring for awhile?
                        From my experience they have people leaving all the time so one ever knows. Its the Gov. and budget that dictate that.

Comment

• IDOC job, isn't a game my friends. If you want a future here you need to bring your A game 24/7

http://www.correctionsone.com/jail-m...ety-at-prison/

Comment

• Also out of my own curiosity, can CO's carry off duty? Sorry if answered recently.

Comment

Also out of my own curiosity, can CO's carry off duty? Sorry if answered recently.
                              Only if you have a CC permit. BC your not deputized you cannot carry under your badge. The dept wont let you carry off duty.
                              Last edited by cpd2010*; 10-18-2016, 10:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cpd2010* View Post

Only if you have a CC permit. BC your not deputized you cannot carry under your badge. The dept wont let you carry off duty.
                                Thats what I was afraid of. CC permit is such a scam in Illinois, well anywhere being that permits to carry are unconstitutional but that's besides the point. But 150 dollars to CC when I paid 35 for mine in WA

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12102 users online. 499 members and 11603 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X