Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I tested in March and was in the Academy in April. Just depends I suppose. Academy has alot of down time.... I heard they got rid of or getting rid of the blue card/ point system which was theee dumbest thing there was. Most important things to remember is If you dont want people to know/ talk about you dont tell them your personal business. Your not gonna make a difference in a inmate's life so you dont have to try to be a counselor. Only thing DOC wants is a warm body to fill a hole, they dont care about your life or problems. If your scared of the inmates.....find a new job. If want to know about anything PM me

Comment

• @futureblue63 why is the blue card/ point system the dumbest thing ever? How did you get into the academy so quickly? Most of the people on here said it took them months to get a call back.

Comment

• @ Future 4 classes are going out the next FY. There will probably be a summer class one in October and the next will more than likely be in January at least this is how the pattern has been since I've been paying attention to it.
        @ Ibarrae you ask any questions you like.
        @ Future Blue my class was the first class to get rid to the card system. We were being held accountable as a group which sucked because naturally there are more males than females and when they screwed up we paid for it which delayed us of the lovely privileges the idoc campus can give us! Lol

Another word of advice if there are any women in this forum LoganCC is in desperate need to females I heard this will be a good way to get in if they lived close enough or willing to commute.

Comment

• If your an a** kisser then the blue card was great because you got points all the time to do things. I got hired so quickly because the institution I got hired at (Decatur) had 0 people on their list and they were pulling people off of other instituiton's list. Logan C.C. is hiring a class of 11 females for the May academy Lincoln C.C. is getting one.

Comment

• How do you guys like the job so far? Do you think the training did a good job with preparing you for the real thing?

Comment

• @ AceofSpades I like my job... As far as the training i learned to use restraints, shakedowns, and Ads And Drs was good but I think a lot of the training should be n the institution. Different but I appreciate the experience.

Comment

• It has its moments.

Comment

• I just happen to run across this forum and thread but I finally got the call and I go to the academy on the 20th of May. These last couple weeks have been stressful, I will be leaving a Sheriffs Department that I have worked for the last 7 years and jump into this job. Its going to be interesting, lol...

Comment

• Very interesting! It will be an experience you'll never forget

Comment

• Where you going?

Comment

• @lawenforcer5125 when did you take your corrections test? Why did you decide to leave the Sheriff's Department?

Comment

• ^^^^^^^^^ took the questions right out my mouth! Lol

Comment

• I took the test Last April, Scored like an 85 on it, got a call with like a week left on the eligibility list. So never give up the idea that you are going to get the call...I will be working at Taylorville. As far as why I am leaving. Basically it comes down to upward mobility. I have been at the Sheriffs Department for 7 years and still on Second Shift and all of our command staff is young enough they have atleast another 15 years left to work. So there is no where to get promoted. I am leaving behind 7 years of seniority and 3 weeks vacation but I am just looking to the future and hope the future will be brighter in the long run with DOC. I am not getting any younger, lol...so if I am going to do it I need to do it now....

Comment

• Originally posted by NW Chicago View Post
                              I tested for Idoc about two years and failed written exam, however I got a letter from them the other day and have a test on April 12. Anyone else? It says be prepared for a 10 hr day and all I remembered was the written exam was on a projector or somthing idk I failed the exam and got sent home so what happens if I pass this time around besides a good work out for the day.
                              Wow never actually met anyone that failed that test- hope you did better this second time around!
                              Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
                              Me: you really want an answer to that
                              Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

Comment

• There will be 100 of us in the upcoming academy, 12 of which will be heading to Stateville. The sgt. that was showing us around the facility said there will be 3 or 4 more classes coming up. Those of you on the list with decent scores, stay by your phone.
                                Vaya con dios

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8667 users online. 459 members and 8208 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X