Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevgui73 View Post

I called the department of corrections and asked for central screening

​​​​​Ok I'm going to call tomorrow morning and hope for some good news, in dire need of good news lol

Comment

• We qualified with the revolver..the glock is coming real soon!

Comment

• Originally posted by Marzo5 View Post

​​​​​Ok I'm going to call tomorrow morning and hope for some good news, in dire need of good news lol
        Good luck. I definitely know how u feel. When did you test and where u wanting to go

Comment

• Anybody at Vandalia and know if they r going to hire anymore?

Comment

• Originally posted by KrayJack View Post
            We qualified with the revolver..the glock is coming real soon!
            did you guys graduate yet?

Comment

• Also a family member of mine filled out an app to test around mid august and just received a letter to test monday in the mail for the date of October 4th @ st.charles if that helps anyone.

Comment

Good luck. I definitely know how u feel. When did you test and where u wanting to go
                I tested in April, and I'm looking to go to Pontiac or Stateville. My background check cleared beginning of August.

Comment

• Originally posted by Idochopeful View Post

did you guys graduate yet?
                  Yes. They're suppose to have 1 or 2 more classes..

Comment

• Just got off the phone with the screening office, was told no one is hiring right now and dont know when they will be again

Comment

Just got off the phone with the screening office, was told no one is hiring right now and dont know when they will be again
                      I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that might not be true. They are opening up the mental health facility in Feb of 2017 due to a long *** legal law suit against the state. When I was there I was told 400 officers are going to be needed for that facility alone. The officers that will go first are the ones that receive the special med training in the academy that I went through myself. They are no where near staff capacity at NRC or stateville. Having said that, if they pull 400 officers from ville and NRC thats going to leave a huge *** hole in staff there that is already short as it is. Now if they are saying right now as in the next 2 months or so perhaps. People are leaving the state all the time and if they aren't taking in as many as are leaving well..... lets just say it can get ugly there. Talk to people that are being mandated to stay all the time because of staff shortages. The job pays 46k starting.... I made that in 6 months...Just saying....that alone tells you just how short staff they are. Keep your head up and stay positive. Start applying to other places as well. THEBLUELINE and APPLYTOSERVE have tons of jobs. Good luck
                      Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

Comment

• Got a letter to test in October. I wonder when the next academy starts? I'm hoping its in January. Maybe with some luck I can get into that.

Comment

• Originally posted by cpd2010* View Post

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that might not be true. They are opening up the mental health facility in Feb of 2017 due to a long *** legal law suit against the state. When I was there I was told 400 officers are going to be needed for that facility alone. The officers that will go first are the ones that receive the special med training in the academy that I went through myself. They are no where near staff capacity at NRC or stateville. Having said that, if they pull 400 officers from ville and NRC thats going to leave a huge *** hole in staff there that is already short as it is. Now if they are saying right now as in the next 2 months or so perhaps. People are leaving the state all the time and if they aren't taking in as many as are leaving well..... lets just say it can get ugly there. Talk to people that are being mandated to stay all the time because of staff shortages. The job pays 46k starting.... I made that in 6 months...Just saying....that alone tells you just how short staff they are. Keep your head up and stay positive. Start applying to other places as well. THEBLUELINE and APPLYTOSERVE have tons of jobs. Good luck
                          That sounds good! Hoping for the best and I'll for sure keep my head up. Appreciate the info, gives me hope! Also on list for CPD and hearing they're hiring almost 1,000 is good news too hopefully.

Comment

I tested in April, and I'm looking to go to Pontiac or Stateville. My background check cleared beginning of August.
                            How did u know your background cleared

Comment

Just got off the phone with the screening office, was told no one is hiring right now and dont know when they will be again
                              No one is hiring? They had a class start monday. Sounds strange.

Comment

No one is hiring? They had a class start monday. Sounds strange.
                                Exactly what im saying lol

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4379 users online. 174 members and 4205 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X