• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoping so. Appreciate the word

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Idochopeful View Post
      I tested in early August haven't received mine yet. Rumor is there are 2 more classes this year. Just stay by the phone.
      How long after u put in the app online did u get to test?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Comment

I tested in early August haven't received mine yet. Rumor is there are 2 more classes this year. Just stay by the phone.
        Calls went out a month ago for a sept 12th class. Not sure if there are anymore after that but im am sure there will be.
        Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2046 View Post
          Put in my app to test almost a month ago. Hope I hear something soon

I heard next test is in late october

Comment

• I tested in July and haven't recieved score. I called yesterday and she told me I got a 73 but they hadn't been mailed yet.

Comment

• Anybody know how long background takes?

Comment

How long after u put in the app online did u get to test?

I was super surprised by reading others and how long it took them vs how long it took me. It took me about literally 2 weeks if not even to put in the app and receive a letter to test. I guess I was lucky. But I also asked around during my testing about a handful of others got their letter to test about 2 weeks some said a month some said 2 months. But it took me and a few others I tested with 2 weeks for a letter.

Comment

• Originally posted by cpd2010* View Post
                  Calls went out a month ago for a sept 12th class. Not sure if there are anymore after that but im am sure there will be.
                  Oh I had read your post when you were letting us know about that class. Just didn't know you had the exact date. But nice info. Please keep me updated.

Timeline so far:
                  Submit App online: July 22nd
                  (Received letter to test somewhere between here)
                  Test date: Aug 11th

Comment

I was super surprised by reading others and how long it took them vs how long it took me. It took me about literally 2 weeks if not even to put in the app and receive a letter to test. I guess I was lucky. But I also asked around during my testing about a handful of others got their letter to test about 2 weeks some said a month some said 2 months. But it took me and a few others I tested with 2 weeks for a letter.
                    You got a letter and not an email? Very odd

Comment

You got a letter and not an email? Very odd

No I have not received any sort of email from them.

Comment

• From the time you apply to the academy can be 6 mos to a year. If your a civilian it could take 6 mos. If your military it can be a year or longer, thats bc it takes the military months to get back to IDOC. I know this bc it took my son in law and my stepdaughter that long. I haven't seen any other time line. One issue for military personal is your DD214 had to be stamped with like a notary stamp from the service you served in. Also if your packet isn't completely filled out, well it will take longer to verify your responses on the application. Hope this helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bowfisher View Post
                          What's the IDOC policy on tattoos once you're in? My existing ones passed the background test, but I could see getting a few more that would be hidden under a short sleeve shirt.
                          The only policy against ink is you can't have any gang or extremist ink such as hate groups. I am sleeved up as are many of my fellow Officers. Your ink can be completely visible.

Comment

• Originally posted by cpd2010* View Post
                            From the time you apply to the academy can be 6 mos to a year. If your a civilian it could take 6 mos. If your military it can be a year or longer, thats bc it takes the military months to get back to IDOC. I know this bc it took my son in law and my stepdaughter that long. I haven't seen any other time line. One issue for military personal is your DD214 had to be stamped with like a notary stamp from the service you served in. Also if your packet isn't completely filled out, well it will take longer to verify your responses on the application. Hope this helps.
                            Another guaranteed delay will be if you have a family member who is current IDOC. My wife experienced this when she hired on to work in the office.

Comment

• Originally posted by IDOCguy11920 View Post
                              Another guaranteed delay will be if you have a family member who is current IDOC. My wife experienced this when she hired on to work in the office.
                              Im wondering if this may have factored into your stepdaughter and son-in-law wait time @cpd

Comment

Im wondering if this may have factored into your stepdaughter and son-in-law wait time @cpd
                                one never knows. people who got hired that were in the military said their background took longer because VA takes longer to respondf for verification.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4420 users online. 208 members and 4212 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X