300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Magnus_C View Post
    I'm glad you can, but unfortunately I see where this department is heading, a department that wants me to do 39 years in order to go and collect... I can't just ignore the issues. Not saying that you or anyone else doesn't care, but I've been accused and accept the fact that I care too much.

We implemented "prison reform" in the early 90's when the joint was wide open, only to let it all go now!!?? This whole "kinder gentler" department **** is bull****, and it's going to get someone hurt, someone whose just trying to do 8 and go home.

Everything now is financial, our AD's and ID's mean ****, the Illinois Unified Code of Corrections , which is law, means **** when you're telling staff don't gas an inmate whose defying a direct order. We actually have newer Sgt and Lt afraid to gas, because of the possible ramifications. It's become common knowledge that you can be assaulted and nothing will happen except lock down for 12 hours- 2 days because we can't feed in, no money for styrofoam trays!! Don't even get me started on this seg and smi ****!!

Lol... for new boots and prospects, I'm not telling you to run. It's a good place to learn, get your feet wet, and it pays well. But know what's going on, the department is changing for the worse, and if you plan on spending anytime here you better be cognizant of this ****, especially at Da Ville.. we mean nothing to the suits, we're nothing but a number. I treat them the same way, and I'm very vocal about their ****ed up policies!
    I agree this is why after 16 months I got out. I can do 25 where im at and retire no issues. This facility is ultra modern and requires very little effort on my part. Starting pay is a little higher and I get a raise in Dec. already. But my overall outlook here is better. I believe that if you think early on that its not for you, move on, if you can.
    Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

Comment

• Originally posted by cpd2010* View Post
      I agree this is why after 16 months I got out. I can do 25 where im at and retire no issues. This facility is ultra modern and requires very little effort on my part. Starting pay is a little higher and I get a raise in Dec. already. But my overall outlook here is better. I believe that if you think early on that its not for you, move on, if you can.
      Where are you currently and previously?

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Ls1racer11 View Post
        Where are you currently and previously?

I turned down Cook county for IDOC spend 16 months there and currently at Kane County.

Comment

• How is Kane? That originally where I wanted to go

Comment

• Originally posted by KrayJack View Post
            Wow. I'll be starting here in a couple weeks and now I'm reading these interesting posts on here...
            Again not here to discourage anyone, we have people that have been here for 30+ years and refuse to retire... but it's not for everyone. I do think all law enforcement officers should be required to walk behind the wall unarmed before being allowed to be on the street armed, gives you a different perspective. I've learned a lot my time with IDOC, but at the same time I'm not blind to the dangers this administration is putting us through.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus_C View Post
              Again not here to discourage anyone, we have people that have been here for 30+ years and refuse to retire... but it's not for everyone. I do think all law enforcement officers should be required to walk behind the wall unarmed before being allowed to be on the street armed, gives you a different perspective. I've learned a lot my time with IDOC, but at the same time I'm not blind to the dangers this administration is putting us through.
              I agree never discourage anyone from applying for a position especially in this field. But there are a ton of things to consider I really believe IDOC for me was a great stepping stone and it also help me get on at the county level which I am pleased with. Although I will say I most likely will never make the kind of money I could and IDOC but then again who knows how long that will last with the state issues. Learn as much as you can do as many jobs as you can be flexible and remember try to move on if you're interested in a different part of law enforcement. But like magnus said never forget where you're at if you plan on living a long time it only takes one inmate not only to ruin your career but to destroy your life. It takes a great set of balls to work behind a wall danger lurks in every corner make no mistake where you're at. Do your best stay alert and never become complacent with your job.

Comment

• What's the IDOC policy on tattoos once you're in? My existing ones passed the background test, but I could see getting a few more that would be hidden under a short sleeve shirt.

Comment

• I've got 32 years until I can retire. There is no way I can stay on the security side for that long. With my medical background I'd like to go to IDPH.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bowfisher View Post
                    What's the IDOC policy on tattoos once you're in? My existing ones passed the background test, but I could see getting a few more that would be hidden under a short sleeve shirt.
                    Tattoos are never a big thing unless of course they're gang tattoos that's when it becomes an issue. If you got past all the process with the tattoos you have then you have no worries.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bowfisher View Post
                      What's the IDOC policy on tattoos once you're in? My existing ones passed the background test, but I could see getting a few more that would be hidden under a short sleeve shirt.
                      Tattoos are never a big thing unless of course they're gang tattoos that's when it becomes an issue. If you got past all the process with the tattoos you have then you have no worries.

Comment

• Hey guys, took the test in April, havent received a call yet but I know some have from my group. Am I SOL for near future employment? 1st choice Pontiac, 2nd Stateville

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Put in my app to test almost a month ago. Hope I hear something soon

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Marzo5 View Post
                            Hey guys, took the test in April, havent received a call yet but I know some have from my group. Am I SOL for near future employment? 1st choice Pontiac, 2nd Stateville

Where have they received calls to? Whats your score?

Comment

• Score is 65 hbu? I know stateville had an orientation

Comment

• I tested in early August haven't received mine yet. Rumor is there are 2 more classes this year. Just stay by the phone.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6062 users online. 237 members and 5825 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X