Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cpd2010 its awful u had to go thru such an experience as a fellow officer. I guess some reform needs to happen, sometime soon

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by 2046 View Post
      Cpd2010 its awful u had to go thru such an experience as a fellow officer. I guess some reform needs to happen, sometime soon

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
      Its part of the job I suppose. I know the mentality of some males can be counterproductive in society especially against females. I hear you belong in a kitchen 90 times a week and its disheartening. But I will never let it discourage me in any way shape or form. The leaders at the top of the food chain are part of the problem and like they say you can never find ripe fruit when all the cores are spoiled. I learned to move on from them types of places. You will never fix the states institution issues, not because of money, but because of the culture that defines the agency. The problems I have encountered are not new but be strong fellow current and future officers, men and women because the bs lasts forever.
      Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

Comment

• for anyone interested i have a radio pouch, radio clip for your epaulet, duty belt, garrison belt, key keepers, handcuff pouch, handcuff keepers (they hang off your belt rather than in a pouch for easy access)..anyone interested in purchasing these items just private message me. i cant use them at Kane.

Comment

• Anyone know why the require a bachelor degree to work at idjj

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by JacobCCC View Post
            Anyone know why the require a bachelor degree to work at idjj

Nationally, it's an accepted standard to require a bachelor's when working juvenile criminal justice positions.

Comment

• Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by cpd2010* View Post
                for anyone interested i have a radio pouch, radio clip for your epaulet, duty belt, garrison belt, key keepers, handcuff pouch, handcuff keepers (they hang off your belt rather than in a pouch for easy access)..anyone interested in purchasing these items just private message me. i cant use them at Kane.
                Is Kane hiring? Heard they were but can't find anything anywhere

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Ls1racer11 View Post
                  Is Kane hiring? Heard they were but can't find anything anywhere

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
                  They took it down months ago, buttttt I hear that they may reopen it soon. I heard they didn't get enough people this last time around. Its for corrections tho so if you want patrol I don't think they're hiring for that. Keep your eyes open and check theblueline and applytoserve.

Comment

• Originally posted by IDOCguy11920 View Post
                    That has nothing to do at all with the uniform change. AFSCME has actually been working with Springfield to make the change. I am one who supports it. Our current uniforms during the summer completely suck.
                    This is actually 100% the reason for the uniform change, per Director Hug a Thug himself... he actually did the same thing in his previous state, and I posted to expect this a year ago. Next he's going to change the name of the academy to "education center..." lol what a crock. Everyone in a cheap suit at IDOC is ****, I've yet to find an administrator whose for the staff; they all claim it, but their actions show otherwise.

Anyhow, apologies for the rant, but the place is getting too stupid these days... and personally I support polos, I already wear bdu's so no change there, I just don't support the reasoning, and I believe we should get a choice to either do a hard uniform or polo, like cook county, but just my opinion. Also, from what I hear the badges are not going to be worn on belts, the plan is to have them embroidered and no metal on the uniform period, which I also understand. I currently wear my badge on my belt and have my shirt embroidered...we do have a recently promoted major though that writes people up for wearing their badges on belts, not sure of the policy violation there, but it happens.

And yes we're getting glocks!! Finally!!!

I happen to know all of this has approved, and is just waiting on funding for the uniform and pistols. As a matter of fact I heard Shawnee has already started switching over to glocks as sort of a pilot program. It'll probably be years before all of this takes complete effect though.
                    Last edited by Magnus_C; 09-02-2016, 07:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus_C View Post
                      This is actually 100% the reason for the uniform change, per Director Hug a Thug himself... he actually did the same thing in his previous state, and I posted to expect this a year ago. Next he's going to change the name of the academy to "education center..." lol what a crock. Everyone in a cheap suit at IDOC is ****, I've yet to find an administrator whose for the staff; they all claim it, but their actions show otherwise.

Anyhow, apologies for the rant, but the place is getting too stupid these days... and personally I support polos, I already wear bdu's so no change there, I just don't support the reasoning, and I believe we should get a choice to either do a hard uniform or polo, like cook county, but just my opinion. Also, from what I hear the badges are not going to be worn on belts, the plan is to have them embroidered and no metal on the uniform period, which I also understand. I currently wear my badge on my belt and have my shirt embroidered...we do have a recently promoted major though that writes people up for wearing their badges on belts, not sure of the policy violation there, but it happens.

And yes we're getting glocks!! Finally!!!

I happen to know all of this has approved, and is just waiting on funding for the uniform and pistols. As a matter of fact I heard Shawnee has already started switching over to glocks as sort of a pilot program. It'll probably be years before all of this takes complete effect though.
                      I have heard different things about the badge issue. Ultimately I could give 2 ****s on what the director thinks or feels. I show up and do my 8. I go home safely and I collect my fat pay check. I after 7 years have just learned not to care about the political and all the other bull**** involved with this job.

Comment

I have heard different things about the badge issue. Ultimately I could give 2 ****s on what the director thinks or feels. I show up and do my 8. I go home safely and I collect my fat pay check. I after 7 years have just learned not to care about the political and all the other bull**** involved with this job.
                        Yea glad i left

Comment

• Originally posted by KrayJack View Post
                          Week 3 down...firearms week wasn't bad and yes we are moving to the glock in a year or 2..
                          Clear out your inbox.

Comment

• Originally posted by K31 View Post
                            Clear out your inbox.
                            10-4

Comment

I'm glad you can, but unfortunately I see where this department is heading, a department that wants me to do 39 years in order to go and collect... I can't just ignore the issues. Not saying that you or anyone else doesn't care, but I've been accused and accept the fact that I care too much.

We implemented "prison reform" in the early 90's when the joint was wide open, only to let it all go now!!?? This whole "kinder gentler" department **** is bull****, and it's going to get someone hurt, someone whose just trying to do 8 and go home.

Everything now is financial, our AD's and ID's mean ****, the Illinois Unified Code of Corrections , which is law, means **** when you're telling staff don't gas an inmate whose defying a direct order. We actually have newer Sgt and Lt afraid to gas, because of the possible ramifications. It's become common knowledge that you can be assaulted and nothing will happen except lock down for 12 hours- 2 days because we can't feed in, no money for styrofoam trays!! Don't even get me started on this seg and smi ****!!

Lol... for new boots and prospects, I'm not telling you to run. It's a good place to learn, get your feet wet, and it pays well. But know what's going on, the department is changing for the worse, and if you plan on spending anytime here you better be cognizant of this ****, especially at Da Ville.. we mean nothing to the suits, we're nothing but a number. I treat them the same way, and I'm very vocal about their ****ed up policies!
                              Last edited by Magnus_C; 09-03-2016, 09:51 AM.

Comment

• Wow. I'll be starting here in a couple weeks and now I'm reading these interesting posts on here...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6912 users online. 388 members and 6524 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X