300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by K31 View Post
    Has anybody heard about us getting the same type of uniform as IDJJ?
    From my understanding we will eventually be going to a BDU and polo shirt type uniform. We will wear our badge on our belt. Yes, they are also supposed to eventually phase out the 38s. I am looking forward to a more practical uniform that will hopefully be more comfortable during the warm months.

Comment

• phasing out the idoc uniform? that is sad. this country came to a point that theyre making everything "friendlier" and desensitizing everything so the crooks can have it easier.
      same thing with police work, its more like customer service than real police work!

Comment

• Anybody know when IDOC is testing again?

Comment

• What are some of the things those of you who work for IDOC like the best? What is better about working there as oppose to a county jail (nowhere particular) ? The pay seems decent (w/ no ot). Im just curious, never knew anyone to work for IDOC. Is it the location(s), benefits, etc. What is the retirement age there ? Answer one answer none w/e just interested in learning something positive about it without having to go back and read a novel (forum) on it. Thanks !

Comment

• [QUOTE=Lapz;3929621]Anybody know when IDOC is testing again?[/QUOT

They test all the time until all positions are filled.
            Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fritter View Post
              What are some of the things those of you who work for IDOC like the best? What is better about working there as oppose to a county jail (nowhere particular) ? The pay seems decent (w/ no ot). Im just curious, never knew anyone to work for IDOC. Is it the location(s), benefits, etc. What is the retirement age there ? Answer one answer none w/e just interested in learning something positive about it without having to go back and read a novel (forum) on it. Thanks !
              Like best? SOME!!!! really cool people. I never worked a county jail but I hear where i'm going its ultra modern. Pay is equal to county jobs. I was tier 2 which sucked ***, but anyone hired after I got in 16 months ago will be tier 3 and its a lot worse as far as retirement and pay scale. At tier 2 its 67 or 25 years i believe. My overall experience was great I love the job. The only issue I have are some of the employees still have that HIGH SCHOOL MENTALITY. I'm female and working there is a lot worse not because of the inmates, its the staff that made the job for me extremely difficult. If youre a female and want a career in corrections, be ready to be hit on or insulted by almost every staff member and C/O that works there. They will write on the walls saying vile stuff about female officers and thats in staff areas that i'm speaking about. Look no job is easy, I get that, But when you have to worry more about the Officers you work with before the inmates youre guarding, thats an issue. Make no mistake, IDOC is still in the 19th century in the way they conduct the prison system. All the equipment is so old and they still carry .38 revolvers. On site patrol cars are in "dangerous" condition. Writ vehicles are in better shape but get the crap beat out of them. Personally I would use corrections as a stepping stone to go to patrol. IDOC on a scale from one to ten, one being the worse, I give the state, its culture,and equipment and so forth a rating of 3.

i learned a lot in my short time in corrections. im one of those people though, that when I got into the system I wanted to make changes to everything. We see things from the inside so we should be the ones that provide feedback for changes in our institution. its a great career starter. i am on both sides of the fence as you can probably gather from my posts. get in, get the experience, and move on.

Comment

• I worked at Stateville for 3 years before becoming the police.

Tier 2 is 8 years to get vested and 60 to collect. I believe you need 35 years to get 80%. I've never heard of tier 3.

"HUG-A-THUG" is real and alive at Stateville. There were times I couldn't tell if some "officers" were inmates in stolen uniforms... Seriously, they spoke like them amongst the peers.

This new uniform you spoke of is pitiful! You're an Officer, wear a uniform! You guys should fight this. They want you to look less aggressive so the inmates can assault you more than they already do.
                Vaya con dios

Comment

• Originally posted by Eiba View Post
                  I worked at Stateville for 3 years before becoming the police.

Tier 2 is 8 years to get vested and 60 to collect. I believe you need 35 years to get 80%. I've never heard of tier 3.

"HUG-A-THUG" is real and alive at Stateville. There were times I couldn't tell if some "officers" were inmates in stolen uniforms... Seriously, they spoke like them amongst the peers.

This new uniform you spoke of is pitiful! You're an Officer, wear a uniform! You guys should fight this. They want you to look less aggressive so the inmates can assault you more than they already do.
                  I was told that our current uniforms are "too intimidating"

Comment

• Week 3 down...firearms week wasn't bad and yes we are moving to the glock in a year or 2..

Comment

• Originally posted by KrayJack View Post
                      Week 3 down...firearms week wasn't bad and yes we are moving to the glock in a year or 2..
                      Tried to send you a PM Krayjack. Said your box is full

Comment

• Originally posted by qw456 View Post
                        phasing out the idoc uniform? that is sad. this country came to a point that theyre making everything "friendlier" and desensitizing everything so the crooks can have it easier.
                        same thing with police work, its more like customer service than real police work!
                        Not sad at all if you have to wear it every day. I prefer comfort

Comment

• Originally posted by K31 View Post
                          I was told that our current uniforms are "too intimidating"
                          That has nothing to do at all with the uniform change. AFSCME has actually been working with Springfield to make the change. I am one who supports it. Our current uniforms during the summer completely suck.

Comment

• Originally posted by IDOCguy11920 View Post
                            Tried to send you a PM Krayjack. Said your box is full
                            Resend

Comment

• Does idoc make you take a physical agility test before the academy?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by JacobCCC View Post
                                Does idoc make you take a physical agility test before the academy?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
                                Not the normal police one that most departments take. Its real easy and requires no running, sit ups or bench press.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4378 users online. 175 members and 4203 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X