Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did the calculations in my head and I think I should get anywhere from a high 60 score to a low 70 score. How long did it take for you to find out the scores?

Comment

• Like a month.
      Vaya con dios

Comment

• 6-8 weeks I can't remember but what ever the test papers say I got it in that week of the maximum period.

Comment

• Nice. Thanks guys... MissMe30, how do you like the job so far? How was the shooting portion of the training? There was a gentleman sitting next to me during testing who was in the academy but he did not pass the shooting portion so he was sent home

Comment

• I like it! The job isn't a hard job and will probably be one if the easiest jobs I will ever have in life! As far as the fire arms training you take the written test the first week at the academy if you fail you go home but as far as the range the instructors do everything they can to help you make it through 3 weapons to qualify on and the first two days are spent on the .38 revolver and qualify with the third day with the revolver and shot gun. Thursday was spent on the mini 14 rifle. If you fail it once you are given a second opportunity to shoot again or you will get sent home. The instructors see your problems and will work with you. Please listen and do exactly what the instructors say if you have never shot before, doing other stuff prior probably wouldn't be good for you. The instructors will tell you that at the academy as well!

Comment

• Thanks for the heads up. I think I'll have to take a little trip to the range and warm up. Hopefully the process goes by pretty fast

Comment

• Calls are going out. I got mine @ noon today for a May 20th academy.
                Vaya con dios

Comment

• Originally posted by ibarrae7 View Post
                  Calls are going out. I got mine @ noon today for a May 20th academy.
                  when did you take the test?

Comment

• I tested in August 2012.
                    Vaya con dios

Comment

• What facility did you get a call from. @Ibarrae7

Comment

• Stateville.
                        Vaya con dios

Comment

• @ ibarre7 the first day is definitely gonna be the craziest!! Enjoy the hot dogs cuz u will eat them every week... Chicken patty day is the best day but word of advice don't eat any salad or carrots before u go because I guarantee you you will be eating them everyday for the next 6 weeks!!..lol Congrats too!!

@Future Cop you will probably do fine and you will probably be luckier than our class who had range
                          week during the coldest weeks of winter! Imagine shooting a gun and can't wear gloves... It was terrible...lol

Comment

• @ibarre7 Congrats on getting you call. Keep us updated on your experience please. I'm sure you will do great

Comment

• @ibarrae7 congrats! Keep us updated on how everything goes and how big your class is.
                              @missme30 I have a feeling that if I get in, it would be some time in Nov or Dec since I took the test in April and its been taking everyone an average of 8 months to get in. Oh well, I'll still be happy

Comment

• Thanks everyone! Missme30, I might PM you with some questions. And yes of course, i'll let you guys know how everything is down in Springfield.
                                Vaya con dios

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3936 users online. 202 members and 3734 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X