Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Idoc

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by lZephyrl View Post
    Any body have info on how many classes will be heading out in the future? My gf just applied, and were curious how soon she can get everything done.

    Side note, I've been working at Pontiac for about a year and a half, and I personally feel that Pontiac is the safest place to work. Yes, its maximum security segregation, but they are typically locked up 24/7. If they come out, they are cuffed. You typically have a partner with you or very close. Id feel much better on Pontiac's North house 1 gallery (which in my opinion, is the worse place to work in the prison), then some control panel of any other prison with 100 gen pop guys roaming around who could do whatever they want with you. Just my 2 cents
    If I could I'd transfer to Pontiac in a heart beat!! I barely consider Stateville a max as there is way too much inmate movement and freedom. But enjoy it while it lasts, if this only five days of seg **** passes it'll totally change how you guys operate, unfortunately turning you into a facility more reminiscent of a boarding school, like us.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ns-doc View Post
      Also congrats on the call. If you have any questions feel free to ask on here or PM.
      Thank you! I appreciate the information and will take you up on that offer if I need anything. Do you work at Dixon?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Magnus_C View Post
        If I could I'd transfer to Pontiac in a heart beat!! I barely consider Stateville a max as there is way too much inmate movement and freedom. But enjoy it while it lasts, if this only five days of seg **** passes it'll totally change how you guys operate, unfortunately turning you into a facility more reminiscent of a boarding school, like us.
        I haven't heard anything about only 5 days of seg. I mean there are guys with 50+ years just seg time. Maybe for the SMI guys since I know they are reducing a lot of their seg time. I think Pontiac is going to be more of a mental health prison than anything with all the changes that are happening.

        Comment


        • Hey Sarah if you don't mind me asking when did you test .Well I applied again cause I think someone said you have a year from the testing date ?.Well may of last year I tested and sadly no call even though my process went pretty quick but after I was placed on hiring list dead silence sigh .Time to start process all over :-/

          Comment


          • Originally posted by lZephyrl View Post
            I haven't heard anything about only 5 days of seg. I mean there are guys with 50+ years just seg time. Maybe for the SMI guys since I know they are reducing a lot of their seg time. I think Pontiac is going to be more of a mental health prison than anything with all the changes that are happening.
            http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/c...424-story.html

            It's totally insane!!

            I believe Pontiac already has a smi unit, but the state is opening several smi facilities including iyc Joliet by us will be re-branded and utilized as a max joint for bugs.
            Last edited by Magnus_C; 05-10-2016, 02:37 PM.

            Comment


            • This waiting is killing me. Where are the stateville calls at?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by division4 View Post
                This waiting is killing me. Where are the stateville calls at?
                Those won't go out til the current hire is complete. Hopefully this June/July.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by KrayJack View Post
                  Those won't go out til the current hire is complete. Hopefully this June/July.
                  Really? So no calls for june 6th class?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by division4 View Post
                    Really? So no calls for june 6th class?
                    Oh I forgot about that class.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by KrayJack View Post
                      Oh I forgot about that class.
                      Yeah I've only heard calls from dixon and pontiac so far...

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by division4 View Post
                        Yeah I've only heard calls from dixon and pontiac so far...
                        I haven't gotten a call yet either for Pontiac..

                        Comment


                        • Is the starting pay still $41,000-$47,000 as listed on website or has it increased?

                          Comment


                          • I believe its 42,xxx during the academy and 48,xxx after the first 3 months.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Wccmikey View Post
                              Hey Sarah if you don't mind me asking when did you test .Well I applied again cause I think someone said you have a year from the testing date ?.Well may of last year I tested and sadly no call even though my process went pretty quick but after I was placed on hiring list dead silence sigh .Time to start process all over :-/

                              I tested October 8th

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by James Jones View Post
                                Is the starting pay still $41,000-$47,000 as listed on website or has it increased?
                                Our payscale goes by month and steps, per our union contract as a COT (R-006-05) you start at step 1C which is 3218 a month or 3287 for max joints. As a CO (R-006-09) you'll make a dramatic jump to step 1 which is 4036 or 4115 for max. , six months in you'll make base approximately 49K.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8955 users online. 393 members and 8562 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X