Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone ever been hired by their second choice?

Comment

• Disregard...
      Last edited by KrayJack; 07-13-2016, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• What's the written test like? Is it the same as it was 4-5 years ago?

It was an old book and you read a bunch of stories and answered questions if I remember right

Comment

• Originally posted by burt05 View Post
          What's the written test like? Is it the same as it was 4-5 years ago?

It was an old book and you read a bunch of stories and answered questions if I remember right
          Yep

Comment

• Any body have info on how many classes will be heading out in the future? My gf just applied, and were curious how soon she can get everything done.

Side note, I've been working at Pontiac for about a year and a half, and I personally feel that Pontiac is the safest place to work. Yes, its maximum security segregation, but they are typically locked up 24/7. If they come out, they are cuffed. You typically have a partner with you or very close. Id feel much better on Pontiac's North house 1 gallery (which in my opinion, is the worse place to work in the prison), then some control panel of any other prison with 100 gen pop guys roaming around who could do whatever they want with you. Just my 2 cents

Comment

• Originally posted by lZephyrl View Post
              Any body have info on how many classes will be heading out in the future? My gf just applied, and were curious how soon she can get everything done.

Side note, I've been working at Pontiac for about a year and a half, and I personally feel that Pontiac is the safest place to work. Yes, its maximum security segregation, but they are typically locked up 24/7. If they come out, they are cuffed. You typically have a partner with you or very close. Id feel much better on Pontiac's North house 1 gallery (which in my opinion, is the worse place to work in the prison), then some control panel of any other prison with 100 gen pop guys roaming around who could do whatever they want with you. Just my 2 cents
              I was at pontiac last week for psot training and the training academy instructor said classes were going until the end of the year. Im a contractual employee btw

Comment

• So will Pontiac hire applicants with scores 60 and up? Is it as competitive as stateville?

Comment

• He said pontiac, Menard, and stateville.

Comment

• Originally posted by division4 View Post
                    I was at pontiac last week for psot training and the training academy instructor said classes were going until the end of the year. Im a contractual employee btw
                    Very good news, thank you

Originally posted by KrayJack View Post
                    So will Pontiac hire applicants with scores 60 and up? Is it as competitive as stateville?
                    60 is actually a good score. And Stateville will always be more competitive being closer to Chicago

Comment

• Stateville is competitive but if they have a class with 20+ people then you should be good with a 65. A buddy of mine got in with a 69 in the feb 2016 class

Comment

• I switched my choice to Pontiac. It goes into effect in June!

Comment

• Originally posted by KrayJack View Post
                          I switched my choice to Pontiac. It goes into effect in June!
                          Your first choice?

Comment

• Originally posted by division4 View Post
                            Your first choice?
                            Yes. Second is Dixon.

Comment

• Originally posted by sarah_rod25 View Post
                              What all do you do during the physical exam? I have to report to Dixon Prison early in the morning! I'm excited but nervous all at the same time LOL
                              Its a boring day. Some paperwork like health insurance, new CMS 100, direct deposit. Blood work, they take blood and give you a TB shot. Also for dixon they make you pee in a cup twice. So when you first get there you go pee, than immediately afterwards you go pee again. They prob wont tell you that though so dont empty your bladder the first time. Also the first time you pee you can only drink one small glass of water every half hour. so it helps if you you drink up before you come.

Comment

• Originally posted by sarah_rod25 View Post
                                Got the call! Just have the fingerprints and the physical! Then I'm off for June 6th 😁
                                Also congrats on the call. If you have any questions feel free to ask on here or PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11021 users online. 375 members and 10646 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X