300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ibarrae7 View Post
    Awesome! Congrats to those of you going to the academy in January. My background wasn't finished before the start of this academy. But you guys going in, if you hear about a future academy let me know. Please and thank you.
    Ok

Comment

• Dont worry, they are planning on another February class,good luck bro!

Comment

• Last day of academy should be Feb 15 so hopefully you hear something then! Good Luck it's crazy because I called Springfield two weeks before I got the call and they said my background wasn't done yet... Good Luck to u!!

Comment

• @Covet, Missme

One week till you guys graduate, congratulations. How was/is the academy?
          Vaya con dios

Comment

• Thanks!!! I cannot wait until next Friday!!! Food sucks but once the first week passed it wasn't so bad to me it took some getting used to....

Comment

• That's so funny. Every time I ask people how the IDOC academy was they reply with these three answers:

"Cockroaches became my best friend",
              "the food is horrible", and
              "it was very easy."

So any talkes about a future academy?
              Vaya con dios

Comment

• Now you guys better pray that Dwight stays open otherwise you are the first to go.

Comment

• Hey Americoza you werent lying dwight is closing now im transfering to dixon. @ibarrae i hear their trying collect a class for sometime in may! Possibly

Comment

• oh and missme30 PM me who were you cuz everyone in our academy class knew me. PM me i give u my intstructor given nickname.

Comment

• I tested for Idoc about two years and failed written exam, however I got a letter from them the other day and have a test on April 12. Anyone else? It says be prepared for a 10 hr day and all I remembered was the written exam was on a projector or somthing idk I failed the exam and got sent home so what happens if I pass this time around besides a good work out for the day.

Comment

• If you pass the written test this time around, you will then proceed to the physical. If you pass that, you'll have an interview right after. Then you'll be on your way home. Springfield will then calculate your score and send it to your house. After that, they'll run your background and you will be put on the eligibility list. If the facilities you applied for have openings, then they will start calling people based on their score for an academy.
                        Vaya con dios

Comment

• No one at my facility got bumped or laid off but we are getting a transfer from our class that just graduated... Off COT status Monday...great!! @ NW Chicago my best advice would be for u to take ur time reading every question and got over them once u are done... I was was there for about 9 hrs (longest day ever) it depends on when and how many people they have to interview. @ Covet we should of have a week by week description of our experience lol... The academy is definitely something you would have to experience for yourself . No matter how much I read posts about it experiencing it was totally different! I barrae I hope u are ready to chow down state hotdogs and salad... I don't care to see another carrot or salad ever again!!...lol

Comment

• Does anyone know if there is a hiring freeze? I took my test earlier this month and I want to know if I have a realistic chance of getting into Sheridan or Statesville by the end of the year.

Comment

• If you scored higher than a 60, then you have a shot but definitely not by the end of this year. They won't even start working on your background till 5-6 months from now (could be even later, much much later). Next year you'll have a shot.
                              Vaya con dios

Comment

• I heard another class is planned for May. But don't worry the governor has budgeted 4 classes for the next fiscal year.... The time in between testing and getting hired took a total of 6 months for me so don't give up I know it's different for everyone and you have until next April.

Originally posted by FutureCop88 View Post
                                Does anyone know if there is a hiring freeze? I took my test earlier this month and I want to know if I have a realistic chance of getting into Sheridan or Statesville by the end of the year.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7204 users online. 385 members and 6819 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X