300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaynkay View Post
    right on. well, you should feel fairly confident then. you passed one weapons course already. i'm assuming there will be (someone correct me if i am mistaken) some sort of basic marksmanship skills training prior to and while putting bullets down range. sight picture, breath control, squeeze..squeeze..squeeze..boom. lol. don't let any of it rattle you...no worries
    We will see. I'm sure it'll be alright. Maybe we'll end up in the same platoon.

Comment

• For those of you who have already been to the academy. Can I type up the CMS 100 app and take it to orientation or does it need to be in ink?

Comment

• Originally posted by future_cop View Post
        I've been following this forum for some time now. I tested in March of this year and I put Stateville and Pontiac as my two choices. I'm praying I get a call within the 1 year
        Those are good choices. Im actaully going to change mine to Pontiac and stateville. What was your score?

Comment

• Originally posted by K31 View Post
          For those of you who have already been to the academy. Can I type up the CMS 100 app and take it to orientation or does it need to be in ink?
          wait..you were told to fill out another CMS 100? have you already been completed the processing at your facility?

Comment

wait..you were told to fill out another CMS 100? have you already been completed the processing at your facility?
            My facility sent me a packet with insurance info, deferred comp, etc. They also sent a CMS 100 app that needs completed. Apparently we'll have to fill another one out in the academy, after COT status and if you get promoted...

Comment

• I scored 69

Comment

My facility sent me a packet with insurance info, deferred comp, etc. They also sent a CMS 100 app that needs completed. Apparently we'll have to fill another one out in the academy, after COT status and if you get promoted...
                oh..that is good information. thanks for sharing. the Major from Pontiac told me i have to report there twice next week (10th and 12th) so i suppose i will receive all that info then. though a information packet would have been nice

Comment

oh..that is good information. thanks for sharing. the Major from Pontiac told me i have to report there twice next week (10th and 12th) so i suppose i will receive all that info then. though a information packet would have been nice
                  Yes, I've got to report to Vandalia the 11th and Both Graham and Vandalia the 13th.

Comment

• Originally posted by future_cop View Post
                    I've been following this forum for some time now. I tested in March of this year and I put Stateville and Pontiac as my two choices. I'm praying I get a call within the 1 year
                    My score is 65. My first choice is stateville then Pontiac. Maybe I should switch them..

Comment

Yes, I've got to report to Vandalia the 11th and Both Graham and Vandalia the 13th.
                      awesome. it is funny though, that you got a packet full of useful information.. i got a phone call and when i asked if i was to bring anything, i was told, "just your body"..lol

Comment

• Originally posted by KrayJack View Post
                        My score is 65. My first choice is stateville then Pontiac. Maybe I should switch them..
                        from my VERY limited experience in this process..i would say it's a crap shoot (unless you have some solid inside information). i honestly switched from Lincoln to Pontiac in February and now i got a call. if i hadn't switched, maybe the call never comes. but as i shared earlier, central screening individual told me 1. maximum security facilities have a higher turnover, which to me means a higher chance of being hired. 2. and this is from the same individuals mouth, The second choice really doesn't matter. she explained it something like this, that your #1 facility would have to exhaust it's entire list in order to then move you to wherever you fall on the list of your #2 facility.(which begs the question..if the list from your #1 choice was exhausted..wouldn't that mean you were hired too?? lol *again someone with more knowledge please correct me if i was misinformed! not sure if this helps you at all...clear as mud, right?
                        Last edited by jaynkay; 05-04-2016, 09:03 PM.

Comment

For those of you who have already been to the academy. Can I type up the CMS 100 app and take it to orientation or does it need to be in ink?
                          I would recommend saving the printable version with your info. That way you can print it out whenever you need it and you can even email it to HR. Either one will work though, your facility just has to send it down to springfield.

Comment

Failure. Failing range week. I had the same nervousness when I took my concealed carry course. I passed that
                            I honestly would not even sweat over this. We had tons of people fail first time qual. Some were just nervous(one girl shot the wrong target) and some were just terrible shots( one guy shot the ground more than once during shotgun qual). But they bring you back the next week with the top range instructor and he will not let you fail. You don't have to be a good shot to pass, you just have to listen to the range instructors.

Comment

• If I change my 1st choice now for Dixon would I bump people with lower scores that have had Dixon as their first choice all along or does anyone know how that works? What all do I have to do to change it?

Comment

• Originally posted by ns-doc View Post
                                I would recommend saving the printable version with your info. That way you can print it out whenever you need it and you can even email it to HR. Either one will work though, your facility just has to send it down to springfield.
                                Is it true we have to fill it out at he academy also?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12980 users online. 479 members and 12501 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X