300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KrayJack View Post
    I got the call for Arizona corrections 2 weeks ago..
    Congrats. So if idoc calls you, would you come back?

Comment

• Originally posted by division4 View Post
      Congrats. So if idoc calls you, would you come back?
      Thank you,

Absolutely.

Comment

• In hopes of squashing a bit of the "rumor control" and/or "scuttlebutt", I can share a piece of information that is first hand. I received a call today from Pontiac directing me to report to said facility on the 10th and 12th next week in order to process in for the June 6th academy class. So, hiring appears to be on going as well as academy classes..at least through June.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaynkay View Post
          In hopes of squashing a bit of the "rumor control" and/or "scuttlebutt", I can share a piece of information that is first hand. I received a call today from Pontiac directing me to report to said facility on the 10th and 12th next week in order to process in for the June 6th academy class. So, hiring appears to be on going as well as academy classes..at least through June.
          Nice. What was your score and how long did it take to contact you?

Comment

In hopes of squashing a bit of the "rumor control" and/or "scuttlebutt", I can share a piece of information that is first hand. I received a call today from Pontiac directing me to report to said facility on the 10th and 12th next week in order to process in for the June 6th academy class. So, hiring appears to be on going as well as academy classes..at least through June.
            Congrats. Its good to hear the academies are still rollin!

Comment

Nice. What was your score and how long did it take to contact you?
              score: 65. I tested in Dec '15, got score in Feb and contacted in May. So, 5 months total but from what I've read on here, the time it takes seems to vary. Good luck!

Comment

score: 65. I tested in Dec '15, got score in Feb and contacted in May. So, 5 months total but from what I've read on here, the time it takes seems to vary. Good luck!
                Same score I have. I tested in December too but failed that one..

Comment

Same score I have. I tested in December too but failed that one..
                  so you're saying that you retested after december and now have a score of 65? if so, all could be well....just the waiting game. hang in there!

Comment

Are you as nervous as I am?

Comment

so you're saying that you retested after december and now have a score of 65? if so, all could be well....just the waiting game. hang in there!
                      Yes. I have stateville as my first choice though, not sure if I should change it yet!

Comment

• Originally posted by K31 View Post
                        Are you as nervous as I am?
                        nervous about really getting the job?...yes! i tend not believe it till i sign and ship..lol. but as far as the academy, no. the job? more curious than nervous. i'm sure (like many new things) it will be eye opening and suck at times. if you don't mind me asking, what is it that has you nervous?

Comment

Yes. I have stateville as my first choice though, not sure if I should change it yet!
                          I changed from Lincoln to Pontiac but not sure what would have happened if I hadn't. I'm a boot in this line of work so I am certain there are others on here with much more credible intel but I can say that, as per phone con with central screening, the maximum security facilities have a larger turn over rate so it would seem wise to take that into account.

Comment

• Idoc

Originally posted by jaynkay View Post
                            nervous about really getting the job?...yes! i tend not believe it till i sign and ship..lol. but as far as the academy, no. the job? more curious than nervous. i'm sure (like many new things) it will be eye opening and suck at times. if you don't mind me asking, what is it that has you nervous?
                            Failure. Failing range week. I had the same nervousness when I took my concealed carry course. I passed that
                            Last edited by K31; 05-04-2016, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• I've been following this forum for some time now. I tested in March of this year and I put Stateville and Pontiac as my two choices. I'm praying I get a call within the 1 year

Comment

• Originally posted by K31 View Post
                                Failure. Failing range week. I had the same nervousness when I took my concealed carry course. I passed that
                                right on. well, you should feel fairly confident then. you passed one weapons course already. i'm assuming there will be (someone correct me if i am mistaken) some sort of basic marksmanship skills training prior to and while putting bullets down range. sight picture, breath control, squeeze..squeeze..squeeze..boom. lol. don't let any of it rattle you...no worries

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14157 users online. 468 members and 13689 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X