300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaynkay View Post
    Any "rumors" about Pontiac hiring more this year? If so, how many? I know that rumor control never amounts to much but if anyone has an inside word, that would be cool. Does anyone out there know much about Pontiac? Work enviroment, turn-over, etc?
    Sorry I do not like to deal in rumors. The info I have is solid fact. I recently transferred out of Dixon C.C. and have many contacts there. I worked Pontiac when I hired on with the department. It is an excellent learning environment for a rookie officer. It is a prison with some of the worst in the state. It is also has a very experienced and tight nit staff. There is high turn over at all of the max facilities.

Comment

• Originally posted by IDOCguy11920 View Post
      Do not let the fact that it is in Administrative review worry you. If you have any family members who currently work for the department then it automatically goes for review. My wife had this happen before she was hired for an office job. Of course this isn't the only reason it can for review, but as I said it doesn't mean it is a bad thing. Good luck and PM if you have an questions
      Thanks but I do not have any family that works for the DOC, I don't have anyone I know all that well locked up, I don't really have anything that I can think of as to why it's being reviewed. I have a drinking ticket on my record for under age consumption but that literally is it. I wouldn't think a petti city ordinance drinking ticket is that big of a deal and I was 100% honest with everything during the interview at the testing... I dk why else I could be under administrative review though.

Comment

• [QUOTE=IDOCguy11920;3845999]Sorry I do not like to deal in rumors. The info I have is solid fact. I recently transferred out of Dixon C.C. and have many contacts there. I worked Pontiac when I hired on with the department. It is an excellent learning environment for a rookie officer. It is a prison with some of the worst in the state. It is also has a very experienced and tight nit staff. There is high turn over at all of the max facilities.[/QUOTE

understood!...thanks for the solid info.

Comment

• One their website is shows the reasons behind the admin review process. Job suitability and other convictions besides minor traffic..just name a few.

Comment

• I guess I just assumed a drinking ticket 3 years ago wouldn't cause me to not be able to work doc when people who have done worse get in all the time. But ok thanks. Jw. I guess I just have to sit back and wait like I have been doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by sarah_rod25 View Post
              I guess I just assumed a drinking ticket 3 years ago wouldn't cause me to not be able to work doc when people who have done worse get in all the time. But ok thanks. Jw. I guess I just have to sit back and wait like I have been doing.
              Maybe because it's not a minor traffic ticket I assume.

Comment

• Anyone out there currently work at the Pontiac facility?

Comment

Anyone out there currently work at the Pontiac facility?
                  used to

Comment

used to
                    lol. i read that. i was looking for more of the kind of information that you had about Dixon but applied to Pontiac. The hiring outlook specifically. thanks for the response.

Comment

lol. i read that. i was looking for more of the kind of information that you had about Dixon but applied to Pontiac. The hiring outlook specifically. thanks for the response.
                      I can tell you the max joints, including Pontiac do regularly hire. A big part of the reason is because they traditionally have a high turnover rate.

Comment

I can tell you the max joints, including Pontiac do regularly hire. A big part of the reason is because they traditionally have a high turnover rate.
                        What about stateville

Comment

• Originally posted by krayjack View Post
                          what about stateville
                          yes

Comment

yes
                            Stateville has put in 10-15 classes in the last 15 months...at one point two classes at a time back to back, and we're still sending people down...I can't speak for any other facility, but I know for a fact they aren't scheduling full academy classes just for Stateville so somebody is hiring!

Comment

• Disregard...
                              Last edited by KrayJack; 04-12-2016, 09:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by K31 View Post
                                I heard there's two more classes planned. #rumors
                                Well the academy is taking at least a month break, but hopefully they'll start some IDOC classes after that.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8888 users online. 431 members and 8457 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X