300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I rest my case.....
    Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

Comment

• If you are just hoping on mass hiring the score doesn't matter, but if you want to get on if there is a dip in hiring, score matters.

Either way I don't see how it is relevant when A: everyone should be shooting for the highest score, B:anyone who is serious about getting hired should be testing until hired.

I agree with most of your statement about the advice and learning small things, it's weird to run into someone who has worked the same spot for 20 years and they get out of their element and don't know what's up. I learned working my institution on overtime. It was the best way to get thrown into something not really knowing what's going on, sink or swim.

Comment

• Is it true that there is an academy starting next month?

Comment

• Hello everyone, I passed the screening portion! Lots of people failed that written exam today though!

Comment

• Originally posted by KrayJack View Post
            Hello everyone, I passed the screening portion! Lots of people failed that written exam today though!
            congrats!

Comment

• Originally posted by James Jones View Post
              Is it true that there is an academy starting next month?
              I heard there's two more classes planned. #rumors

Comment

• Originally posted by cpd2010* View Post
                congrats!
                Thank you! Now I wait for test score! I have no tattoos so would I still need to email them something?

Comment

• Originally posted by jaynkay View Post
                  when i tested in December 15 (springfield), we were actually told to email pics of all our tattoos and given and email address to send them too at central screening. I then received an email letting me know they were recieved. Not sure if it really means anything other than the fact they want to see everyones tats....I'm sure it's about gang affiliation, etc.
                  This is a new policy. When I was at the Academy in 09 they checked everyone's tats on the 1st day. They are looking for any gang or hate group affiliation

Comment

• Dixon C.C. will be hiring at least 50 more Officers this year

Comment

• What about Menard? Lol
                      Originally posted by IDOCguy11920 View Post
                      Dixon C.C. will be hiring at least 50 more Officers this year

Comment

• Originally posted by IDOCguy11920 View Post
                        How do I switch first choice from stateville to Dixon?'

Comment

• Originally posted by IDOCguy11920 View Post
                          Any "rumors" about Pontiac hiring more this year? If so, how many? I know that rumor control never amounts to much but if anyone has an inside word, that would be cool. Does anyone out there know much about Pontiac? Work enviroment, turn-over, etc?

Comment

• Originally posted by KrayJack View Post
                            How do I switch first choice from stateville to Dixon?'
                            contact CMS in springfield to change anything on your application.

Comment

• I emailed the background investigator to get a status update today. I heard back and he said my background is complete and that it is in administrative review for the final decision. Does anyone know what this means or how long that will take? I thought if it's under administrative review that is a bad sign? They said it was for the final decision though so idk it sounded good to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by sarah_rod25 View Post
                                I emailed the background investigator to get a status update today. I heard back and he said my background is complete and that it is in administrative review for the final decision. Does anyone know what this means or how long that will take? I thought if it's under administrative review that is a bad sign? They said it was for the final decision though so idk it sounded good to me.
                                Do not let the fact that it is in Administrative review worry you. If you have any family members who currently work for the department then it automatically goes for review. My wife had this happen before she was hired for an office job. Of course this isn't the only reason it can for review, but as I said it doesn't mean it is a bad thing. Good luck and PM if you have an questions

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4699 users online. 203 members and 4496 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X