300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deanoimpala View Post
    I've dubbed it Illinois certified. When I received my test letter it stated "certified or notarized" DD214. I figured what I had was good enough since they are digitally signed. Not the case (although when you test they will take it even without the stamp). When I got my IL DL the clerk stated that I couldn't get the "Veteran" annotation on my DL because the back of my DD214 didn't have a stamp (not that I wanted the damn thing on my DL). She directed me to two people in my area where I could get this mysterious stamp. So this stamp basically states that the DD214 is a true and exact copy, that the separation was under honorable conditions, yada, yada. And for me, because I was separated in a different state, he added me to the Illinois "list". (Idk what else to call it).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14569[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14570[/ATTACH]
    I get it. So someone just looks at 214 stamps it, and pretty much it's certified in order to get your vet designation on your DL. I think I like that. Next month is time to renew my plates, I think I will do that also. Thanks. Its a nice way of proof of service whenever you may need it without carrying a 214. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post
      I get it. So someone just looks at 214 stamps it, and pretty much it's certified in order to get your vet designation on your DL. I think I like that. Next month is time to renew my plates, I think I will do that also. Thanks. It's a nice way of proof of service whenever you may need it without carrying a 214. Thanks.
      Yup, yup. No problem. I got mine stamped at the Armory in Joliet if that helps as well. Don't remember the guys name but you do have to call ahead and make an appointment. Take's no more than 5 minutes to get it done.

Comment

• Can you get this done at any reserve/national guard armory?

Comment

• Originally posted by KrayJack View Post
          Can you get this done at any reserve/national guard armory?
          Not really sure. However, the DMV gave me a list of where I could get it done.

Comment

• For the guys already on the job, any word on if Pontiac or Menard will be recruiting anytime some?

Comment

• Got a letter from doc my retest will be March 15 and noticed a new location now it's at

Illinois national guard crest wood armory in Robbins il

Comment

• Originally posted by James Jones View Post
                For the guys already on the job, any word on if Pontiac or Menard will be recruiting anytime some?
                According to the academy staff there are no classes schedule until at least April. I wanna say both facilities have about 10 each at the academy now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wccmikey View Post
                  Got a letter from doc my retest will be March 15 and noticed a new location now it's at

Illinois national guard crest wood armory in Robbins il
                  Wow that's where I used to drill at back in 09'. I haven't got a new test date with idoc yet.. When did you reapply!?

Comment

• I think was first week of February but not exactly sure the date .Im actually happy with no testing location it happens to be like 30 mins from my house so don't need to drive all way up to st Charles .

Comment

• Originally posted by Wccmikey View Post
                      I think was first week of February but not exactly sure the date .Im actually happy with no testing location it happens to be like 30 mins from my house so don't need to drive all way up to st Charles .
                      I applied months ago and still nothing yet..

Comment

• You heard that there isn't a class till April? Are you in the academy right now?

Comment

• Originally posted by sarah_rodriguez25 View Post
                          You heard that there isn't a class till April? Are you in the academy right now?
                          Welcome to the forum is that a username?

Comment

• Originally posted by sarah_rodriguez25 View Post
                            You heard that there isn't a class till April? Are you in the academy right now?
                            Yeah, class runs till April 1 and we are the only IDOC class there.

Comment

• I am waiting to hear back from my background investigator. I got a letter asking for pictures of my tattoos feb 8th and I haven't heard anything since they received them. I am just wondering how long it usually takes for them to contact me whether or not I'm moving on with the hiring process? And what facility are you going to? I put down Dixon and statesville for my choices

Comment

• Thanks and yea it is

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8922 users online. 421 members and 8501 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X