Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Idoc

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ns-doc View Post
    i got the letter with my score and it said the background was still going. but i never got anything else until they called me for a job offer.
    Yea, its radio silence normally after you get through the testing. However, when some people call to check their application status or whatever they actually get some information from central screening. I have not been one of those fortunate souls, haha. I called to inquire about my BI and got a very rude response. BUT, I literally just got an email about my tattoos SOOO I'm hoping that means I'll be good for the next academy!
    Last edited by Deanoimpala; 01-27-2016, 10:08 PM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ns-doc View Post
      70. And one of the 15 going to Dixon.
      Good luck at Dixon. You will learn a lot there and it has a great staff, however it is a lousy facility to work at.

      Comment


      • Are they still testing in Springfield?! I applied again didn't get a test date..

        Comment


        • Originally posted by IDOCguy11920 View Post
          Good luck at Dixon. You will learn a lot there and it has a great staff, however it is a lousy facility to work at.
          I take it you used to work there?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by ns-doc View Post
            I take it you used to work there?
            Yes I worked at Dixon. I have since transferred to East Moline. I also did about 2 years at Pontiac

            Comment


            • Originally posted by IDOCguy11920 View Post
              Good luck at Dixon. You will learn a lot there and it has a great staff, however it is a lousy facility to work at.
              I've never heard this... I've heard it's a boring place to work, but boring isn't necessarily bad... What makes it a **** facility?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by KrayJack View Post
                Are they still testing in Springfield?! I applied again didn't get a test date..
                theyre still testing. it seems as if the testing location has changed. someone i know got a test date but its not in st charles.
                Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by cpd2010* View Post
                  theyre still testing. it seems as if the testing location has changed. someone i know got a test date but its not in st charles.
                  Ok because central screening told me not until April testing for St Charles

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Magnus_C View Post
                    I've never heard this... I've heard it's a boring place to work, but boring isn't necessarily bad... What makes it a **** facility?
                    What you heard about it being boring couldn't be further from the truth. I mean boring compared to what you see on lockup maybe, but trust me that show like many others is all hype. Dixon is unique in that it is basically two facilities in one. You have the general population side and the Special Treatment Facility ( severely mentally ill or SMI for short) These inmates can be and often are highly unpredictable. Dixon has its fair share of inmate fights as well as staff assaults. It is a lousy facility due to many factors. The inmates tend to get away with a lot more than at other facilities. This is due in part to the former warden of 10 plus years who babied them. It also has to do with the federal RASHO lawsuit pertaining to SMI inmates. Many of their tickets and seg time gets tossed or severally cut down. In the end it is my opinion only. I worked at Pontiac, Dixon and now East Moline. Dixon hands down was the worst to work at. I was happy to get out

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by IDOCguy11920 View Post
                      What you heard about it being boring couldn't be further from the truth. I mean boring compared to what you see on lockup maybe, but trust me that show like many others is all hype. Dixon is unique in that it is basically two facilities in one. You have the general population side and the Special Treatment Facility ( severely mentally ill or SMI for short) These inmates can be and often are highly unpredictable. Dixon has its fair share of inmate fights as well as staff assaults. It is a lousy facility due to many factors. The inmates tend to get away with a lot more than at other facilities. This is due in part to the former warden of 10 plus years who babied them. It also has to do with the federal RASHO lawsuit pertaining to SMI inmates. Many of their tickets and seg time gets tossed or severally cut down. In the end it is my opinion only. I worked at Pontiac, Dixon and now East Moline. Dixon hands down was the worst to work at. I was happy to get out
                      ... I wouldn't compare the job to what you see on TV, I work at Stateville, and my Intel came from people who transferred out, classmates, or people I've met on state wide tact missions... But an opinion is an opinion and neither here nor there... My question to you is do you think the smi facility was a major part of the problem? I posted months ago looking for honest feedback because anywhere between Mar 16' and Aug 17' we'll be getting one.. on top of the maximum security facility, the minimum security facility, and the reception center. I want to transfer over as they claim it'll eventually be run as its own institution and it'll sky rocket my seniority, just not sure if it'll be worth the headache.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Magnus_C View Post
                        ... I wouldn't compare the job to what you see on TV, I work at Stateville, and my Intel came from people who transferred out, classmates, or people I've met on state wide tact missions... But an opinion is an opinion and neither here nor there... My question to you is do you think the smi facility was a major part of the problem? I posted months ago looking for honest feedback because anywhere between Mar 16' and Aug 17' we'll be getting one.. on top of the maximum security facility, the minimum security facility, and the reception center. I want to transfer over as they claim it'll eventually be run as its own institution and it'll sky rocket my seniority, just not sure if it'll be worth the headache.
                        agreed. im still undecided whether to go to the new facility. i love my OT and it just might be staffed enough at the new facility that there wont be any OT. but im also all for seniority. with upward mobility closed, it's going to be tough out there to move forward.
                        Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by cpd2010* View Post
                          agreed. im still undecided whether to go to the new facility. i love my OT and it just might be staffed enough at the new facility that there wont be any OT. but im also all for seniority. with upward mobility closed, it's going to be tough out there to move forward.
                          The biggest problem I see with SMI and The Rasho lawsuit is basically the mental health employees are running things more than ever before. I understand there are many, many severely mentally ill inmates. I have worked around my fair share. However, with that being said there are enough of them that know how to play the mental health game. They are increasingly getting away with serious rule violations including staff assaults. I compare it to juveniles. They are learning more and more each day there just aren't many consequences to their actions

                          Comment


                          • Took my county fitness test today finished in 19.24 ugh I was cramping up pretty bad I tried to tough it out but no luck.Kinda upset at the end he told me ok now walk it off in the middle .I figured I had passed then on my way around he was standing with the paper and said sorry didn't pass sigh I'll try again

                            Comment


                            • Yea I failed today too. Let's just reapply before February 8th to get a March test date

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Magnus_C View Post
                                ... I wouldn't compare the job to what you see on TV, I work at Stateville, and my Intel came from people who transferred out, classmates, or people I've met on state wide tact missions... But an opinion is an opinion and neither here nor there... My question to you is do you think the smi facility was a major part of the problem? I posted months ago looking for honest feedback because anywhere between Mar 16' and Aug 17' we'll be getting one.. on top of the maximum security facility, the minimum security facility, and the reception center. I want to transfer over as they claim it'll eventually be run as its own institution and it'll sky rocket my seniority, just not sure if it'll be worth the headache.
                                I would wait to see how they run it and if they let security or psych make the decisions. The only doc/psych speciality facility I've had experience with via word of mouth is more treatment based and less security based. It seems like that is the general push nationwide in corrections involving psych inmates. Different state of course but same idea. Stay safe.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 4215 users online. 185 members and 4030 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X