Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • James Jones
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2014

Thank you sir! I am willing to relocate just tired of Chicago...
    Originally posted by Bman4130
    Call and be nice "hello ma'am, I want to get on real quick and I'm willing to move. Any chance you can tell me where I will get on quickly with a score 61? Oh ok great, thank you! Where do I fax my paperwork to change my location?"

Comment

• KrayJack
      Forum Member
      • Dec 2013

Deleted post
      Last edited by KrayJack; 12-08-2015, 08:23 AM.

Comment

• K31
        Forum Member
        • Dec 2014

Is there anyone on here that works at Graham

Comment

• Magnus_C
          Forum Member
          • Jan 2014

Originally posted by KrayJack
          Sounds like basic training almost...
          ...I've never been to bmt, but even with my total lack of knowledge I can tell you it's nothing like basic! They, IDOC, want it to be, but miss the mark completely. The only real comparison to basic from what I've been told is that you have to wake up before the sun and have your rooms and foot locker inspected. Don't get me wrong I truly enjoyed the academy, may have been the only one, but it's the easiest six weeks of your life, especially if you have military experience... take it for what it's worth, try and enjoy the experience, and shoot well and you'll be alright.

Comment

• KrayJack
            Forum Member
            • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Magnus_C
            ...I've never been to bmt, but even with my total lack of knowledge I can tell you it's nothing like basic! They, IDOC, want it to be, but miss the mark completely. The only real comparison to basic from what I've been told is that you have to wake up before the sun and have your rooms and foot locker inspected. Don't get me wrong I truly enjoyed the academy, may have been the only one, but it's the easiest six weeks of your life, especially if you have military experience... take it for what it's worth, try and enjoy the experience, and shoot well and you'll be alright.
            I think I'll enjoy being away from home for only six weeks! I test tomorrow so we'll see how high enough score I get to experience their academy.

Comment

• Iowa #1603
              Senior Veteran
              • Aug 2007

Oh by the way to all you Illinois DOC members and candidates

Condolences on the hiring of your new director
              I DON'T ALWAYS LIKE BEING A RETIRED POLICE OFFICER .......Oh who the hell am I kiddingI LOVE IT. Stay safe my friends

Comment

• K31
                Forum Member
                • Dec 2014

I think I'll enjoy being away from home for only six weeks! I test tomorrow so we'll see how high enough score I get to experience their academy.
                Good luck!

Comment

• tootaboogy
                  Forum Member
                  • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Iowa #1603
                  Oh by the way to all you Illinois DOC members and candidates

Condolences on the hiring of your new director
                  Hey Iowa, I see you posting a lot on this forum, especially the "what about my background?" threads. Your humor and feedback is appreciated, thank you for all you do!

I see that Director Baldwin was in Iowa for 8 years before being appointed here. Was he ineffective in that state?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  "If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." -Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Arikg
                    Forum Member
                    • Mar 2015

Good luck!

Comment

• Iowa #1603
                      Senior Veteran
                      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by tootaboogy
                      Hey Iowa, I see you posting a lot on this forum, especially the "what about my background?" threads. Your humor and feedback is appreciated, thank you for all you do!

I see that Director Baldwin was in Iowa for 8 years before being appointed here. Was he ineffective in that state?

Well , first of all he was not in Iowa 8 yrs------------------he was just DIRECTOR for 8 yrs. For 30 yrs prior to that he was the Business Manager of one prison in the agency-----then Deputy Director for Administration (Business Manager) for the DOC for about 5-7 yrs or so..

I know him, and actually know him quite well from his time as Deputy Director.............."Hi nice to meet you, Please call me John"

If you notice his BIO he has a masters in POLITICAL SCIENCE and a BA in Economics . and since his work history is in Administration and Business office------------he has never REALLY worked inside a prison. To call him "Hug a Thug" would be generously tame

Our "academy" while not ever a real academy is called the "Learning Center" since he took over------It was called the Iowa Correctional Training Center under our previous directors.

Does that tell you anything ?????
                      Last edited by Iowa #1603; 12-08-2015, 02:00 PM.
                      I DON'T ALWAYS LIKE BEING A RETIRED POLICE OFFICER .......Oh who the hell am I kiddingI LOVE IT. Stay safe my friends

Comment

• tootaboogy
                        Forum Member
                        • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Iowa #1603
                        Well , first of all he was not in Iowa 8 yrs------------------he was just DIRECTOR for 8 yrs. For 30 yrs prior to that he was the Business Manager of one prison in the agency-----then Deputy Director for Administration (Business Manager) for the DOC for about 5-7 yrs or so..

I know him, and actually know him quite well from his time as Deputy Director.............."Hi nice to meet you, Please call me John"

If you notice his BIO he has a masters in POLITICAL SCIENCE and a BA in Economics . and since his work history is in Administration and Business office------------he has never REALLY worked inside a prison. To call him "Hug a Thug" would be generously tame

Our "academy" while not ever a real academy is called the "Learning Center" since he took over------It was called the Iowa Correctional Training Center under our previous directors.

Does that tell you anything ?????
                        Looks like us prospective COs and COs in general are going to have a hard time then, more rights to inmates than the officers it seems...thank you for this info sir. All in all, I'm going to pursue law enforcement no matter what, and will deal with the obstacles as they come.

"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." -Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Eiba
                          Forum Member
                          • Jul 2011

And when I thought it couldn't get more inmate friendly. Glad to be leaving soon. Good luck to all the new hires and prospective C/Os. If you guys have questions I can help out. I have 32 months experience working at Stateville.
                          Vaya con dios

Comment

• KrayJack
                            Forum Member
                            • Dec 2013

So I take the exam tomorrow. Does anybody know if they give you your birth certificate back to you?

Comment

• K31
                              Forum Member
                              • Dec 2014

So I take the exam tomorrow. Does anybody know if they give you your birth certificate back to you?
                              Make a copy! Don't take the original!

Comment

• KrayJack
                                Forum Member
                                • Dec 2013

Disregard...
                                Last edited by KrayJack; 12-10-2015, 08:19 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 20636 users online. 56 members and 20580 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...