300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CoVet View Post
    Hi forum I applied back in march and had a score of 70. I applied to stateville and livingston and havent heard anything yet I also am waiting on my BI to call me at cook county. I had to leave the state to take a corrections position in Texas its nice here and the schools are 100 time better than where I lived before but chicago, illinois is home and I only make 31000/yr and thats the starting pay for someone with a bachelors degree or 2 years of active military. Our uniforms look like janitoral uniforms. I just watched stateville on lockdown and got super excitied about their uniforms. Im waiting for my calls anyday!!!
    31k a year in texas is more money after factoring in cost of living than what Cook County pays...............

So many police dept's in Texas are hiring.

Heck, I would DQ someone that was looking to move to IL, they're not right in the head ( lol, haha)

Comment

• Originally posted by CoVet View Post
      Hi forum I applied back in march and had a score of 70. I applied to stateville and livingston and havent heard anything yet I also am waiting on my BI to call me at cook county. I had to leave the state to take a corrections position in Texas its nice here and the schools are 100 time better than where I lived before but chicago, illinois is home and I only make 31000/yr and thats the starting pay for someone with a bachelors degree or 2 years of active military. Our uniforms look like janitoral uniforms. I just watched stateville on lockdown and got super excitied about their uniforms. Im waiting for my calls anyday!!!
      Really.... Uniforms???? Apply to the federal prison you dont want to come back to Illinois to work for IDOC. There is federal prisons in Pekin, Greenville, Marion and Chicago.

Comment

• Calls are going out for Stateville.
        Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

• People seem to think that the cost of living out here is dirt cheap. I did to and im on foodstamps and medical card if I didnt have them id be in serious trouble 31k/yr isnt enough for a family of 5. What is the number that stateville calls from?

Comment

• I have worked for both the IDOC and the BOP and would never move to IL to take a job with the BOP as a new hire if the IDOC was an option.

Originally posted by futureblue63 View Post
            Really.... Uniforms???? Apply to the federal prison you dont want to come back to Illinois to work for IDOC. There is federal prisons in Pekin, Greenville, Marion and Chicago.
            Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
            Me: you really want an answer to that
            Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

Comment

• The IDOC is a better run system when compared to Cook County and the IDOC. Not to place blame on the staff but the administrations and policies that govern those agencies.

Comment

• A score of 77 will get you hired at Stateville. I've seen people get hired with lower scores. When I hired on my class was 120 and more than half of us were hired for Stateville.

Comment

• Originally posted by HapkidoKa View Post
                  A score of 77 will get you hired at Stateville. I've seen people get hired with lower scores. When I hired on my class was 120 and more than half of us were hired for Stateville.
                  I hope this is true

Comment

• I tested in Duquoin Illinois near the end of July. The test administering officers told our testing group of about (50) that there were only a few up in springfield doing the backgrounds and they were still very far behind for the March testing. I have had letters sent out to my recent employers but still no letter stating my test scores. I applied for Pickneyville and Ina (on interstate 57 by rend lake)

btw anyone know whats going on with the current Tamms situation?

thanks guys!

Comment

• I got my letter in the 8th week after taking my test so it can possibly be any day now... I called Springfield and they haven't went through backgrounds from June testing this is a very lengthy process...

Comment

• Your background check may take up to 10 months if they have too many applicants,that what happened to me when i applied back in 2010,then they put you on hiring list and if there is no hiring at the time, then you have to start over again since your application expires in 1 year.

Comment

• Welcome to the wonderful State of Illinois where everything is done right!
                          Vaya con dios

Comment

• Good luck to everybody who's starting the academy on Monday October 1st.

Comment

• just checking if anyone that took the test about a month ago heard anything

Comment

• you won't hear anything for about 2-3 months,then they send you your test score in the mail and that's about it,if they decide to hire and you are chosen they will contact with you via phone you provided during your interview.You can call SMC and check your status but it's useless to call the first 3-4 months.Good luck!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9875 users online. 472 members and 9403 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X