Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For anyone that knows, is the background done before or after the score is sent to you?

Comment

• The background is done way after the scores are sent to you. The CO that interviewed me when I tested told me they were barely finishing up March testers backgrounds. But like you said, maybe you being a woman will give you an upper hand. Good Luck!
      Vaya con dios

Comment

• Originally posted by MissMe30 View Post
        Well I have a friend who was just in the academy... I think he said he put an app n 2 yrs ago then the state was on a hiring freeze and he finally took the test last year... So we may just have to wait out our whole year before we get a call... By the way things are going IF WE GET A CALL... Hopefully as a woman I have a better advantage of getting called since they are looking for more women officers in the women prisons... And if everything goes as planned with Dwight, Im sure women officers would be needed there more so Decatur although its my first choice... We shall see...
        Logan just had 40 female graduate the Academy. We NEED women at Decatur but they just had 2 males graduate the Academy, dont make sense but its IDOC. Hope Decatur hires a big class for the next academy since we are getting mandated like crazy.

Comment

• OT is that bad?? Why wouldn't they hire more people?? If its like that then I am crossing my fingers for Decatur to hire more officers in the next class...

Comment

• Well at least you don't have to wait over 2 years to get hired like Cook County. I guess something like 20,000 people applied for Cook, maybe less than that apply for idoc.

Comment

OT is that bad?? Why wouldn't they hire more people?? If its like that then I am crossing my fingers for Decatur to hire more officers in the next class...
              Well you gotta add the lazy*** co workers who call in when they get there sick day for the month. IDOC is FUBAR esp at Decatur.

Comment

OT is that bad?? Why wouldn't they hire more people?? If its like that then I am crossing my fingers for Decatur to hire more officers in the next class...
                Well you gotta add the lazy*** co workers who call in when they get there sick day for the month. IDOC is FUBAR esp at Decatur.

Comment

• Well I hope Decatur doesn't plan on hiring anybody right now I called to check on my background and it hasnt even went through yet... Who knows when they would even do it... I hope its within the year...

Comment

Well I hope Decatur doesn't plan on hiring anybody right now I called to check on my background and it hasnt even went through yet... Who knows when they would even do it... I hope its within the year...
                    Apply at Cook County, They start at just about $50,000

Comment

• I live in Decatur thats 3 hrs away I only applied to whats close for me

Comment

• Sorry for the delay. Testing went well. It was much easier than I though. It was more mentally draining than anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by name88 View Post
                          Sorry for the delay. Testing went well. It was much easier than I though. It was more mentally draining than anything.
                          Thats good... I felt the same way I was shivering all through the test ( I know it was cold) But when I was sitting waiting for the interview NOTHING!!! I think it was just nerves... Congrats and let the waiting game begin... What were your county choices?

Comment

• Stateville and Sheridan

Comment

• Originally posted by name88 View Post
                              Stateville and Sheridan
                              same here

Comment

• Hi forum I applied back in march and had a score of 70. I applied to stateville and livingston and havent heard anything yet I also am waiting on my BI to call me at cook county. I had to leave the state to take a corrections position in Texas its nice here and the schools are 100 time better than where I lived before but chicago, illinois is home and I only make 31000/yr and thats the starting pay for someone with a bachelors degree or 2 years of active military. Our uniforms look like janitoral uniforms. I just watched stateville on lockdown and got super excitied about their uniforms. Im waiting for my calls anyday!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6679 users online. 279 members and 6400 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X