Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 to be exact.

Comment

• Okay so I found out today that the new mental health facility that is opening up in Joliet will be a part of Stateville. This means that if not enough people volunteer to work there, the institution can and will move you due to "institutional needs". This is why they are hiring so many CO's. All this information was heard first hand from one of our union reps.
      Vaya con dios

Comment

• This would apply to Officers with about 6 months in.
        Vaya con dios

Comment

• sooo this means, once they move officers, stateville still will be short and overtime will kick back up

Comment

• Originally posted by qw456 View Post
            sooo this means, once they move officers, stateville still will be short and overtime will kick back up
            Yessssir
            Vaya con dios

Comment

• Originally posted by Eiba View Post
              Okay so I found out today that the new mental health facility that is opening up in Joliet will be a part of Stateville. This means that if not enough people volunteer to work there, the institution can and will move you due to "institutional needs". This is why they are hiring so many CO's. All this information was heard first hand from one of our union reps.
              This is true, heard it from a major per a recent meeting they had... but also per that meeting this is only temporary until they feel the place can operate on its own. Personally I think running this place as part of stateville will be a logistical nightmare. Think about having to send someone over there as a borrow to cover a spot and they get into an accident driving there. Not to mention the late reliefs and overtime when they're short and need borrows; the place is close, but not that close. I almost rather do a mandate then get relieved late, but that's just me.

Also, for the person who said a 35 is a good score for stateville, I don't want to discourage anyone but that is not the case. Due to our geographical location stateville is the most competitive facility we have. Not saying a 35 is impossible, but not likely for a speedy call. I do recommend you see if it was a typo because that seems insane if you have school and experience. .. if I'm not mistaken a 31 or 33 is the lowest you can get and be considered.

Comment

• ^^^^ truth ^^^^

Almost all the officers coming in now have military or at least a BA or both. Some even have masters degrees. So with this, my assumption is that their scores are in the 70s at least. So unfortunately this time around isn't your time but test again.
                Vaya con dios

Comment

• I doubt anyone with a Master's degree would stay there long or even want to be inside a prison. Maybe out on the streets solving crimes but not inside a prison with people that have nothing to lose. QUOTE=Eiba;3740465]^^^^ truth ^^^^

Almost all the officers coming in now have military or at least a BA or both. Some even have masters degrees. So with this, my assumption is that their scores are in the 70s at least. So unfortunately this time around isn't your time but test again.[/QUOTE]

Comment

• There are 4 people on my shift with masters. 2 are close on finishing their phd. One has a phd. The one that has a phd has been there for more time than me.

You might be in a prison but the pay is good.... for now.
                    Vaya con dios

Comment

• P.S.

There are many C/Os that came from police departments. Some people just don't want to be on the street anymore.
                      Vaya con dios

Comment

• Originally posted by James Jones View Post
                        I doubt anyone with a Master's degree would stay there long or even want to be inside a prison. Maybe out on the streets solving crimes but not inside a prison with people that have nothing to lose. QUOTE=Eiba;3740465]^^^^ truth ^^^^

Almost all the officers coming in now have military or at least a BA or both. Some even have masters degrees. So with this, my assumption is that their scores are in the 70s at least. So unfortunately this time around isn't your time but test again.
                        [/QUOTE]

Enh. .. you'd think that, but I know several people with masters... hell I know one guy not only with a master's he's a captain in the army.

Comment

• Anyone on the job already know if there will be an increase in hiring going forward like they did last year?

Comment

• Enh. .. you'd think that, but I know several people with masters... hell I know one guy not only with a master's he's a captain in the army.[/QUOTE]

I think we might kniw that same captain lol
                            Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

Comment

• Originally posted by James Jones View Post
                              Anyone on the job already know if there will be an increase in hiring going forward like they did last year?
                              Virtually impossible to say at this point with this budget issue going on. They will have to staff iyc Joliet when it opens, or replenish what they take from Stateville to an extent, but nothing else is guaranteed. I know several institutions have classes in the que waiting, but no one really knows what's going to happen when the dust settles.

Comment

• Sent in last month for another test packet. I got it yesterday..... Fastest they've ever sent it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6347 users online. 261 members and 6086 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X