300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Magnus_C View Post
    Rumor over the weekend was there was a class that started today... I'm off today so couldn't confirm. Its possible it's a class strictly for Will Co. as they have to have people ready for when this new facility opens budget crisis or not!
    Only class i know of is going down 9/21...no class is down there past c-10....
    Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

Comment

• Originally posted by cpd2010* View Post
      Only class i know of is going down 9/21...no class is down there past c-10....
      Like I said idk,:but I was told a stateville sent 20.. I'll find out soon enough.
      Last edited by Magnus_C; 08-31-2015, 03:09 PM.

Comment

• Are we covered to carry off duty under LEOSA? I'm hearing all kinds of hearsay from officers. I know for a fact we can open carry during our commutes. Can anyone confirm this?

Comment

• My step daughter got her test date on 9/3/15 in st Charles, il at the IYC. They have two dates the 3 and 4th of Sept. She applied on July 15th and recv'd her letter on 8/13/15. Not sure why you weren't called, but you can get a status update.
          Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

Comment

Like I said idk,:but I was told a stateville sent 20.. I'll find out soon enough.
            I can confirm this. I was assigned to health care unit when about 20+ future COT's showed up for drug testing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Renegade757 View Post
              Are we covered to carry off duty under LEOSA? I'm hearing all kinds of hearsay from officers. I know for a fact we can open carry during our commutes. Can anyone confirm this?
              I think it has been discussed on this board that IDOC isnt covered by LEOSA unfortunately.

Comment

• Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post
                I think it has been discussed on this board that IDOC isnt covered by LEOSA unfortunately.
                It has been discussed, however, that synopsis is not true. By the letter of the law yes we are indeed covered, however, we are not approved if that makes sense. We meet ALL the leosa qualifications so we are 'qualified law enforcement. " Our department however just doesn't agree, making it not against the law, but against agency policy... in a nut shell even though you shouldn't need to just get the concealed carry and make your life easier. Would hate to see the state try and f**k an officer for defending himself off duty and fire him because of some liberal guns are bad/afraid of the liability bs.
                Last edited by Magnus_C; 09-01-2015, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Rumor over the weekend was there was a class that started today... I'm off today so couldn't confirm.
                  I can confirm that there is nobody here other than myself and the stray cats. [emoji6]

Comment

It has been discussed, however, that synopsis is not true. By the letter of the law yes we are indeed covered, however, we are not approved if that makes sense. We meet ALL the leosa qualifications so we are 'qualified law enforcement. " Our department however just doesn't agree, making it not against the law, but against agency policy... in a nut shell even though you shouldn't need to just get the concealed carry and make your life easier. Would hate to see the state try and f**k an officer for defending himself off duty and fire him because of some liberal guns are bad/afraid of the liability bs.
                    Isn't a part of the LEOSA qualifications is that your agency has to have policies in place for off duty carry. Or something along those lines. I know that most correctional officers qualify for LEOSA but I knew that IDOC didnt 'approve' of it. Unfortunately it blows. Im all for all LE carrying off duty. You should be surprised how much the inmates know about yall. FYI I worked corrections 8 years before I was on the road.

Comment

Isn't a part of the LEOSA qualifications is that your agency has to have policies in place for off duty carry. Or something along those lines. I know that most correctional officers qualify for LEOSA but I knew that IDOC didnt 'approve' of it. Unfortunately it blows. Im all for all LE carrying off duty. You should be surprised how much the inmates know about yall. FYI I worked corrections 8 years before I was on the road.
                      No, one of the qualifications are you have to be trained and approved to carry by your department, which we are. .. there is a little section in the statue that mentions a department's right to disallow off duty carry, but that doesn't veto the law it just makes it department policy to not recognize it.

Comment

No, one of the qualifications are you have to be trained and approved to carry by your department, which we are. .. there is a little section in the statue that mentions a department's right to disallow off duty carry, but that doesn't veto the law it just makes it department policy to not recognize it.
                        That's what I thought. To clarify, IDOC officers are allowed to carry under the law; except that our department doesn't acknowledge it. I could care less about department policy, I just wanted to make sure I'm abiding by federal law which preempts anything under. Correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by Renegade757 View Post
                          That's what I thought. To clarify, IDOC officers are allowed to carry under the law; except that our department doesn't acknowledge it. I could care less about department policy, I just wanted to make sure I'm abiding by federal law which preempts anything under. Correct?
                          Will you put your job on the line to follow federal law while at the same time disregarding department policy

Comment

Will you put your job on the line to follow federal law while at the same time disregarding department policy
                            My life is more valuable a job. I've talked to several officials within CPD. CPD encourages the carry with the proper credentials.

Comment

• I understand that I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6. I also would more than likely give you a professional courtesy if I come across you to. It's your life and you will live it the way you want.

Comment

• Yes, when read in its entirety it clearly applies to us. Again however it is against policy and it is much easier and highly recommended you get the ccw just to be covered on all ends.

Originally posted by Renegade757 View Post

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8504 users online. 382 members and 8122 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X