Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Idoc

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Our benefits are on the chopping block but our "great" union is fighting that. No classes without a budget ladies and gents, be patient.
    Vaya con dios

    Comment


    • anyone get their test date letter yet?
      Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

      Comment


      • So a little bit of good news. .. the haven't totally suspended everything when it comes to the hiring process. A buddy of mine put in the app mid July and received a test date today for early Sept, which means they still plan on hiring after the budget situation! Keep in mind, you chicagoland people idoc plans on opening a new facility in Joliet in March.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Magnus_C View Post
          So a little bit of good news. .. the haven't totally suspended everything when it comes to the hiring process. A buddy of mine put in the app mid July and received a test date today for early Sept, which means they still plan on hiring after the budget situation! Keep in mind, you chicagoland people idoc plans on opening a new facility in Joliet in March.
          and theyre sending all of us that have the mental health training. i wouldnt mind going. a friend of mine also got a sept test date. i heard from a guy in one of the new classes that even though it's not a requirement, theyre only picking those who have degrees and/or military....
          Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by cpd2010* View Post
            and theyre sending all of us that have the mental health training. i wouldnt mind going. a friend of mine also got a sept test date. i heard from a guy in one of the new classes that even though it's not a requirement, theyre only picking those who have degrees and/or military....
            I do not believe that is factual as it would defeat the scoring purpose. .. of course it's true people with those qualifications get a higher score, so it may seem that way. The point of the system as flawed as it is ,is to be unbias.

            Also, as for the mental hospital as stated before, ill have to check with a union rep, but if you are hired for stateville I do not believe they can force you to go to a different joint, unless the place is operated as a satellite site of stateville. As of now though I believe the thought is to run it as its own prison though. What they very well could do though is do layoffs at stateville and give people layed off the option of transferring, which would ultimately be the same thing as forcing you to go over there.

            I do think a lot of us though with 1-5 years in will volunteer anyway just to raise our seniority, so our spots will need to be back filed.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Magnus_C View Post
              I do not believe that is factual as it would defeat the scoring purpose. .. of course it's true people with those qualifications get a higher score, so it may seem that way. The point of the system as flawed as it is ,is to be unbias.

              Also, as for the mental hospital as stated before, ill have to check with a union rep, but if you are hired for stateville I do not believe they can force you to go to a different joint, unless the place is operated as a satellite site of stateville. As of now though I believe the thought is to run it as its own prison though. What they very well could do though is do layoffs at stateville and give people layed off the option of transferring, which would ultimately be the same thing as forcing you to go over there.

              I do think a lot of us though with 1-5 years in will volunteer anyway just to raise our seniority, so our spots will need to be back filed.
              Yea...all part of the rumor mill I hear. I am not sure the mental health facility will be part of Stateville but they wanna send 200 of us makes the transfer sound about right rather than just being placed. Guess well find out come next year.

              Wonder how many classes will try to be placed down in Springfield without a budget or before end of year......
              Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

              Comment


              • Idoc

                Originally posted by cpd2010* View Post
                Yea...all part of the rumor mill I hear. I am not sure the mental health facility will be part of Stateville but they wanna send 200 of us makes the transfer sound about right rather than just being placed. Guess well find out come next year.

                Wonder how many classes will try to be placed down in Springfield without a budget or before end of year......
                I heard 4 more classes this year from an Asst. Warden. But it's the state... So who knows


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                Comment


                • Originally posted by K31 View Post
                  I heard 4 more classes this year from an Asst. Warden. But it's the state... So who knows


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Are the tests and exams still the same for those with a test date?
                  Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

                  Comment


                  • Still waiting on test date since applying in March.

                    Comment


                    • Put it in again, you should have got a date already. It says 6 months, but it never takes longer than two.
                      .. unless they're on a testing freeze which we clearly are not.

                      Comment


                      • Bit of an update today I got an email asking me to take pictures of all my tats with descriptions and send it to them .Has anyone else got this apparently it caused my background check to be put on hold ?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Wccmikey View Post
                          Bit of an update today I got an email asking me to take pictures of all my tats with descriptions and send it to them .Has anyone else got this apparently it caused my background check to be put on hold ?
                          Well recently IA is investigating gang affiliation. Thats all i can think of especially those with arm sleeves.
                          Side note...I heard from a very close source that 9/21 is a new class that was a surprise so everyone has already been called for it.
                          Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

                          Comment


                          • That's what I figured eh owell none of my ink is gang related hell don't even have a record lol.Anyway I know it's hard to say but after background check what's next on timeline

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Wccmikey View Post
                              That's what I figured eh owell none of my ink is gang related hell don't even have a record lol.Anyway I know it's hard to say but after background check what's next on timeline
                              The fact that they called to ask about ur tattoos considering everyone has em....but the background should clear about 3 months. Then they call u with an academy date. I got my background letter stating I was under the background etc in January 2015. I started academy April 2015 with orientation being 2 weeks prior to the academy. U take a physical and get an ID etc. But with the budget not allowing classes yet u might be just in the eligibility list for a year....
                              Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

                              Comment


                              • Rumor over the weekend was there was a class that started today... I'm off today so couldn't confirm. Its possible it's a class strictly for Will Co. as they have to have people ready for when this new facility opens budget crisis or not!

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9051 users online. 403 members and 8648 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X