Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Renegade757 View Post
    I thought you went with CCDOC?
    i was waiting on my final interview. i got that call when i got the call for IDOC. i chose IDOC because its state over county and this was a guaranteed spot. so i called CCDOC, told em I got hired by the state and they called other peeps in my spot.
    Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

Comment

• Good luck to all going into the academy! The best advice I can give is not becoming complacent. Literally a day before graduation a guy got walked out. When they say "professionalism at all times" they mean that. And also just be yourself. To many guys go in big headed and forget what being humble means. Enjoy the experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by cpd2010* View Post
        i was waiting on my final interview. i got that call when i got the call for IDOC. i chose IDOC because its state over county and this was a guaranteed spot. so i called CCDOC, told em I got hired by the state and they called other peeps in my spot.
        Awsome it worked out! Are you at Stateville? If so, I'll see you there soon. I'm planning on using IDOC for experience and jumping ship to CCDOC (off duty carry) or CPD.

Comment

• Originally posted by cpd2010* View Post
          graduation felt...wow, what an awesome feeling after 6 weeks. good luck to all who got the call!
          Congratulation I am very happy for you. You go girl!

Comment

• Originally posted by Renegade757 View Post
            Awsome it worked out! Are you at Stateville? If so, I'll see you there soon. I'm planning on using IDOC for experience and jumping ship to CCDOC (off duty carry) or CPD.
            yep headed to stateville monday feels weird to be out of the academy now....

Comment

• Originally posted by qw456 View Post
              do you know the total population of inmates in iyc?
              484 as a youth center, I'd imagine it'll have to be almost completely redone though to house adult offenders and different security levels.

Comment

• how would the transfer of the cos look? will they pick and chose or will the cos volunteer on who wants to go? will the senior cos have the first pick? etc

Comment

• I don't think they can necessarily make anyone transfer so I'd assume volunteer.

Comment

• Week 1 at the facility has been going well so far. Spent some time in a house today, pretty decent. Wishing the best for all of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBXB View Post
                      Week 1 at the facility has been going well so far. Spent some time in a house today, pretty decent. Wishing the best for all of you.
                      been classroom all week. next week we get out there but im so ready right now....
                      classes set all the way thru september!
                      Last edited by cpd2010*; 06-03-2015, 06:39 PM.

Comment

• One thing you would soon find out is senority it important in corrections! Transfer to another facility is according to statewide senority wishing to go to a facility. If I'm not mistaken

Originally posted by qw456 View Post
                        how would the transfer of the cos look? will they pick and chose or will the cos volunteer on who wants to go? will the senior cos have the first pick? etc

Comment

• Originally posted by MissMe30 View Post
                          One thing you would soon find out is senority it important in corrections! Transfer to another facility is according to statewide senority wishing to go to a facility. If I'm not mistaken
                          i already know about the seniorty thing in corrections + the transfering thing.

Comment

• Congrats to everyone who has recently started or got the call. I'm a previous state co (Nevada) and I was wondering how the process went for everyone, if anyone can help out by posting a timeline of the process for you it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

*Also how much is taken out of each paycheck for the retirement fund, NV took out 23% of EVERY paycheck, hoping IL isn't the same.
                            Last edited by MotoX; 06-06-2015, 04:41 PM. Reason: Added Question

Comment

• Applied in May, letter in Apr, test in Jun, call in Dec, academy in Jan.

As for retirement they pulled a little over 8% from my last check, but i realistically had damn near 40% taken from other deductions(with exception of taxes all things i signed up and agreed to, including a secondary retirement).

Originally posted by MotoX View Post
                              Congrats to everyone who has recently started or got the call. I'm a previous state co (Nevada) and I was wondering how the process went for everyone, if anyone can help out by posting a timeline of the process for you it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

*Also how much is taken out of each paycheck for the retirement fund, NV took out 23% of EVERY paycheck, hoping IL isn't the same.

Comment

• Anyone hear of any test dates in the southern region coming up soon?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10369 users online. 464 members and 9905 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X