Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theres another academy in may

Comment

• How long does this process take from start to finish? I received a letter to take the test mid May and was looking for a run down of what takes place during the hiring process.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus_C View Post
        ... so has everyone here either started at a facility or at the academy??? Kind of quiet around here...
        Told ya it'd be quiet. First week of academy is done for April 20th class.

Things went pretty smoothly, food isn't as bad as it's made out to be, but with that said, even eating 3 meals a day, I'm down 5 lbs.

First week orientation and basic classes are done. My platoon has range week starting Monday, its both welcomed and unfortunate. I'd rather get qualifying out of the way, but would like to do it half way through. I'm not complaining though, any order is fine with me so long as it all gets done.

Two classes in right now, senior and junior class, I and 6 other juniors are on a floor of senior class, it helps and hurts.

Ready to get the vending machine and gym privalages. Any questions, just ask. I'll do my best to answer before Monday.

To answer how long does it take: depends on your score, the facility you selected and the amount of classes left to go through. Another comes in 2 weeks.

Comment

• whew what a week! food ABSOLUTELY SUCKS! beds are rough to sleep in.
          so to welcome myself home my hubby had connies lasagna delivered. nom nom nom.
          but it really is fun looking back at the week.

keep ur head up guys they told us that they were hiring a lot more people. when we get to our 4th week, a new class will start sometime in may as already written.
          our class size is about 123 people. no one went home after our tests today. we even scored better than any class before. feels good to be home though.
          Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

Comment

• Originally posted by cpd2010* View Post
            whew what a week! food ABSOLUTELY SUCKS! beds are rough to sleep in.
            so to welcome myself home my hubby had connies lasagna delivered. nom nom nom.
            but it really is fun looking back at the week.

keep ur head up guys they told us that they were hiring a lot more people. when we get to our 4th week, a new class will start sometime in may as already written.
            our class size is about 123 people. no one went home after our tests today. we even scored better than any class before. feels good to be home though.
            Come on now, the food isn't THAT bad. It's no food from home, but I've been able to eat something at least every day. It wouldn't EVER be my first choice, but it could be much worse for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBXB View Post
              Come on now, the food isn't THAT bad. It's no food from home, but I've been able to eat something at least every day. It wouldn't EVER be my first choice, but it could be much worse for sure.
              yea but im used to low sodium low calorie diet (about 1000 a day) so it has been a bit of a challenge for me to eat the taco meat or that fish. but ur right. there are some things that arent so bad like the cereal or hard boiled eggs. lol. theres a few girls who arent eating. just the salad or bread. and we dont have enough points to make it to the vending machines yet.

Comment

• All I can taste is soy burgers............ Yuck.

Comment

• my meal from connies was not as enjoyable as id hoped. my taste buds are totally jacked...and im up at 3:30am...i totally thought i wouldve slept later. rawr.

Comment

• Originally posted by cpd2010* View Post
                    my meal from connies was not as enjoyable as id hoped. my taste buds are totally jacked...and im up at 3:30am...i totally thought i wouldve slept later. rawr.
                    I definitely enjoyed me a steakburger lol!

Comment

• Originally posted by BigmanJ View Post
                      I definitely enjoyed me a steakburger lol!
                      I had McDs, but I'm about to get down on a pizza from Mackies for lunch, lol.

Comment

• Breakfast was from baker square. Strawberry crepes..country potatoes....french toast....and fruit lol

Comment

• the last thing you wanna do is binge eat on the weekends. the food at the academy is not bad at all. its a good 6 week habit to brake any bad food habits and start a healthier life style and/or eat less crap. last thing you also wanna do is come to work in prison/police and gain 50 pounds within your first year.

Comment

• Originally posted by qw456 View Post
                            the last thing you wanna do is binge eat on the weekends. the food at the academy is not bad at all. its a good 6 week habit to brake any bad food habits and start a healthier life style and/or eat less crap. last thing you also wanna do is come to work in prison/police and gain 50 pounds within your first year.
                            No one said anything about binge eating.... Just simply taking a break from academy food.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigmanJ View Post
                              No one said anything about binge eating.... Just simply taking a break from academy food.
                              Haha amen to that.

Comment

• why so serious?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3881 users online. 190 members and 3691 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X