Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really? What makes you say that? The main reason why I would choose Stateville is because it's only about 9 miles from where I plan to move.

Comment

• Lot of these places are old and super run down. Sheridan is decent. Dixon is ok. Stateville is a dump. Do your 8 hours and walk out with the rest of your coworkers, no matter where you go

Comment

• Who does the most hiring? Which location do I have a better chance at getting in the fastest?

Comment

• Originally posted by name88 View Post
          Who does the most hiring? Which location do I have a better chance at getting in the fastest?
          I would hate to dissapoint you but let me tell you the truth,regardless you have an awesome score of 77 be prepared to re-test the next year.There are **** load of people whom are on the list already waiting for the call,last time one of our instructors said it's close to 4200.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigT50 View Post
            The written, physical and interview done at same time. Takes bout 8-9 hours. Pack some food! It's super easy also. Americoza said it. You don't get real meat at the academy.everyone's a vegetarian! I'm at Sheridan. All cadets start at 42k and go up to 45k after probation. You get a step raise every year. State has been in contract negotiations for a year so nobody has gotten a raise since, just cadets getting their promotion. As a officer after 6-7 years you top out at 61k. Not bad. @americoza, how's the academy?!? Did they tell you guys about the lawsuit Idoc filed and how there are no dwight officers coming to Sheridan anytime soon?!? You should have recall rights back to Sheridan. You 30 cadets should ask someone about that.
            It's not bad bro,the 4th week is behind, we had the range this week,6 people didn't qualified with mini-14 and have another shot the next week,if they don't pass-they will be gone.I heard all the story about the law suit and patiently waiting for the final results.I just received a letter from CCDOC for the 2nd POWER upcoming on Sept 5th,did you hear anything bro?

Comment

• Originally posted by Americoza View Post
              It's not bad bro,the 4th week is behind, we had the range this week,6 people didn't qualified with mini-14 and have another shot the next week,if they don't pass-they will be gone.I heard all the story about the law suit and patiently waiting for the final results.I just received a letter from CCDOC for the 2nd POWER upcoming on Sept 5th,did you hear anything bro?
              Go to CCSD...DOC

Comment

• Originally posted by BigT50 View Post
                Lot of these places are old and super run down. Sheridan is decent. Dixon is ok. Stateville is a dump. Do your 8 hours and walk out with the rest of your coworkers, no matter where you go
                Right. It's a prison. And you're walking in to support your family, not to go on vacation. The prison can be nice and sparkling, its occupants still won't be.

Comment

• could someone tell me what questions do they ask on the oral interview? thanks

Comment

• GregB they ask you very simple questions in the interview. For example, they ask you if you would be willing to work overtime.

Comment

• How many questions are on the written test?

Comment

• The written is like any high school test you ever took as far as math, reading and writting goes. Dont remember how many questions there were exactly. It's all timed anyhow. After the written you have to watch a video and answer questions from the video. After the video you take the "physical" which is a joke if you ask me. After the physical you talk to two people about your paperwork, previous work and the job your applying for. These people arent going to dig into you. They are regular CO's or someone just a little higher up trying to get points to get promotions. They want you to succeed.

Comment

• Sweet. Thanks for the heads up BigT50. You're always a big help. I'll let you guys know how it goes on Tuesday.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissMe30 View Post
                            I tested in June and it is about accurated on the length of stay I believe I was there for 9 hours... Thats only if you pass everything... I got my score back this week 77 I wonder if that is a good score? I have a question on background check is that done before or after the test score..
                            A friend of mine tested with IDOC in March and received a score of 81. He hasn't been called.
                            Vaya con dios

Comment

• Originally posted by ibarrae7 View Post
                              A friend of mine tested with IDOC in March and received a score of 81. He hasn't been called.
                              Well I have a friend who was just in the academy... I think he said he put an app n 2 yrs ago then the state was on a hiring freeze and he finally took the test last year... So we may just have to wait out our whole year before we get a call... By the way things are going IF WE GET A CALL... Hopefully as a woman I have a better advantage of getting called since they are looking for more women officers in the women prisons... And if everything goes as planned with Dwight, Im sure women officers would be needed there more so Decatur although its my first choice... We shall see...

Comment

• @ Name88 how did testing go?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7112 users online. 371 members and 6741 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X