300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idoc

Just got the call from IDOC to start the academy in january, just wondering what im getting myself into, how the job is, and what we actually do on a regular basis, i watch the show lockup, but im sure that is only some of it, i come from an army background, wondering if it is somewhat the same

Any input is appreciated

also, by IDOC mean illinois department of corrections, i see a few states go by idoc

Comment

dig through the threads
      Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
      Me: you really want an answer to that
      Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

Comment

It took some time, but i found some good posts. I appreciate it.

Comment

I hear rumors from people that IDOC is going to have an academy in January. With Illinois financial situation, no proof to their statements, I doubt this is true. HAS ANYONE HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT AN ACADEMY COMING UP?
          Vaya con dios

Comment

JUST IN CASE someone on this forum cares. IDOC is giving out calls for a January academy. Congratulation to whoever received a call, or will within the next few days!
            Vaya con dios

Comment

Become the real police.

Comment

Originally posted by littleguy View Post
                Become the real police.
                The thread is about IDOC. D.O.C. is not an easy job and should get its respect. The term "real police" makes me laugh because the only people who talk about "real police" usually are two year wonders.

Especially coming from a suburban cop, you would think that you wouldn't throw that term around. I have nothing but respect for suburban cops, but if Chicago Cops throw that term around, they tend to get rightfully offended.

It isn't right.
                Last edited by SeVere; 12-15-2011, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Severe, first things first I have been on the job longer then two years. The CO job is dangerous and it is a security gig. Police and Corrections are different. Cook County CO's are the police. They have arrest powers where IDOC and most county CO'S have none. If you didn't like what I posted then don't respond. Other then that it's my opinion.

Comment

Severe, first things first I have been on the job longer then two years. The CO job is dangerous and it is a security gig. Police and Corrections are different. Cook County CO's are the police. They have arrest powers where IDOC and most county CO'S have none. If you didn't like what I posted then don't respond. Other then that it's my opinion.
                    So what value does your post have in a thread regarding IDOC? Obviously, people that are reading this thread are interested in IDOC. Maybe they don't want to become "The Real Police."

If you created a thread about openings in your department and someone comes along and says don't take the test for that department. Become the "Real Police" by taking the test for "insert department here." What would your opinion be about that?

It's your opinion, but it was a jerky thing to post.

I don't like what you posted and I stated my piece. No harm...no foul.

We can agree to disagree.

Comment

People use IDOC for a stepping stone and some use it as a career. Yes they are scheduled to have an academy in January and it will have 144 c/o's in it.

Comment

What r u getting into? Don't know. I did four years in a county jail and just got hired by a police department. Let's just say I HATED corrections. Unfulfilling, mind numbing work. Much happier being the garbage man and dropping it off at the garbage dump. Good luck though. Anyone that can handle corrections and be content I give mad props.

Comment

Become the real police.
                          Yeah the way departments are hiring its so very easy to land a job. One year down of testing, ### longer to go. So until then, I will strengthen my resume with some corrections, if thats alright with you?
                          Vaya con dios

Comment

Originally posted by futureblue63 View Post
                            People use IDOC for a stepping stone and some use it as a career. Yes they are scheduled to have an academy in January and it will have 144 c/o's in it.
                            Do you by any chance know if they are planning on more classes besides the one in January?
                            Vaya con dios

Comment

Originally posted by SeVere View Post
                              The thread is about IDOC. D.O.C. is not an easy job and should get its respect. The term "real police" makes me laugh because the only people who talk about "real police" usually are two year wonders.

Especially coming from a suburban cop, you would think that you wouldn't throw that term around. I have nothing but respect for suburban cops, but if Chicago Cops throw that term around, they tend to get rightfully offended.

It isn't right.
                              very well said, big time respect!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10525 users online. 534 members and 9991 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X