Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ISPCAPT
    Forum Member
    • Dec 2006

The Academy has always been a place for rumors.
    The Background Unit is ready whenever given the word to start but as of yesterday they've heard nothing. The people at the BU are top notch folks, have been around for a long time, and run a good well organized ship. I've known and worked with them for over 20 years. Whenever they get the word and the names they'll have the BIs out and going.
    183 FBINA

Comment

• burwill
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2010

Been kinda of quite on here lately. Any new news?

Comment

• ROMANS_13
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2010

Prepare yourselves...
        I'm not ruining your life, you are. And, I'm going to write a short story about it...

Comment

• Que_Dog7
          Forum Member
          • Jun 2010

Did anyone else notice on the ISP Merit Board website that they briefly announced that the application process was going to open up in May....then all of a sudden it disappeared just as fast as it was posted?? This was sometime within the past couple of days sometime in the afternoon....
          Just curious

Comment

• burniebb27
            Forum Member
            • Mar 2011

I know a cadet class just graduated in February. I was wanting to know what the salary is for a cadet for the 6 months at the academy? Once you graduate and you are on the road for the 12-14 week training period, does that salary stay the same as it was in the academy? If so, when does that new trooper move to the actually trooper salary?

Thanks

Comment

• ISPCAPT
              Forum Member
              • Dec 2006

Answered with the first 2 questions in the FAQ.
              183 FBINA

Comment

• burniebb27
                Forum Member
                • Mar 2011

Thanks for the reply ISPCAPT. The reason I was asking was that somewhere I found a salary schedule and please forgive me I do not remember where I printed it from but it gives me the slaries starting 01/01/12. I was just wondering if that was correct or if the website was just not updated for the year 2012. The number on the FAQ does match the 01/01/11 print out but just must not be updated.

Thanks for the help

Comment

• ISPCAPT
                  Forum Member
                  • Dec 2006

Go to page 3. It gives the salaries effective 01/01/12.
                  183 FBINA

Comment

• ApacheWolf
                    Forum Member
                    • Feb 2009

Does anybody know if there is a STATE residency provision with ISP? Ex...Could you live in IN or MI and work for ISP? I have had a hard time getting this answer as a few buddies that are ISP didnt know and said they believe I would have to live in the state, but a few others said opposite.
                    Thanks

Comment

• dmwn
                      Forum Member
                      • Jun 2010

Unless there has been a major change in policy, Illinois State Troopers must reside in the District that they have been assigned. There might be exceptions to this rule, but I am not aware of any. You can apply to become an Illinois State Trooper if you do not reside in Illinois, but if you accept employment, you will be required to move into the District. Good luck.

Comment

• ISPTPR22
                        Forum Member
                        • Jan 2011

Yes state residency is required. Further as was stated, living in your district is also required. If you work in the "Region 1" (Chicago area) districts you may have a little bit of leeway. For example if you work in District 15 (tollway) you need to live within 20 miles of any tollway.

However, once you get out of Region 1, many people were told specifically what COUNTY, WITHIN THE DISTRICT to live in when they came out of the academy.

Comment

• Batman13
                          Forum Member
                          • Aug 2008

All you really have to do is read ISPCAPT's posts....he has been a sounding board and wealth of information for a lot of us that eventually got to Springfield and to Teams within the Districts.

I read a few posts back asking about preparation....My answer....If you are asking it is already too late.......ALWAYS be ready.

Comment

• Que_Dog7
                            Forum Member
                            • Jun 2010

Now Batman....
                            THAT'S what I'm talking about!!! I couldn't have put it any better than that! I've yet to be blessed with the opportunity of being a Cadet but you better dang on bet on it that I have read and am now living what you and other Troops have preached over n over on the ISP blogs...If you REALLLLLLLY want this career, you MUST make working out a lifestyle and not a task. A task can be completed but a lifestyle is ongoing. You will always be prepared if you get called tomorrow by making this a lifestyle. As ISPCAPT and others and always said, you have to test every year AND pass otherwise you're out of a gig. Sooooo....might as well make it a lifestyle and not waste your's or ISP's time.
                            Great Luck to all and I truly hope BI's are somewhere around the corner!
                            I'm about to refresh the old ISP blog from CC118's process because there are a lot of answers to future questions that anyone may have about the upcoming process. I've read it from the 1st page where they discuss the recruitment testing all the way to the week of 118's week 1 in the Academy which is the last page....so hang tight while I dig it up!
                            Last edited by Que_Dog7; 04-01-2012, 12:21 AM.

Comment

• burwill
                              Forum Member
                              • Feb 2010

How often does the Illinois State Police Merit Board meet?

Comment

• QuePsi
                                Forum Member
                                • Aug 2011

OOOOOh My, Merit Board has met 4/20/12 and discussed the applicant processes. BI have to be coming in the very near future.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17336 users online. 30 members and 17306 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...