Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Illinois State Police

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Here's some clarification for some of you who obviously don't understand. It's not the ISP who sends out these emails nor does the testing. The ISP has nothing to do with any of that nor does the ISP have any control over any of that. That is done by the Merit Board. The Merit Board is a completely separate state agency from the ISP. The Merit Board has their own employees and budget. They aren't the ISP.
    Here's some more edification for some of you who think the entire world revolve around what you want. Get use to it. If you think because the Merit Board is 1 week behind bending to your needs and wants just ask some of those on here about the promotional testing lists which is also run by the Merit Board. Lists that are promised to be certified and posted by Oct 1 are routinely delayed until Dec 1 or later. And even then a list that comes out 1 day is often recalled and a new list posted because the MB didn't get the people properly placed in their correct work unit.
    Either get use to it or apply elsewhere. And if you think just delays are unique to just the ISP testing you're going to be in for a major surprise in life.
    183 FBINA

    Comment


    • Merit Board is sending notifications via regular mail, they're still working on them going through paperwork. (Large Amount of Paperwork) Some candidates were already selected via email to proceed, the good news is...the Merit Board will be sending additional notification letters through regular mail. Any of us could be chosen to move forward with BI, we just won't know until receiving letter. In addition, if you have a Bachelor's Degree or meet the other requirements to be considered...example military or police experience required you will be placed in the eligibility pool. The info I'm giving you is 100% legit, I made the call this morning.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by ISPCAPT View Post
        Either get use to it or apply elsewhere. And if you think just delays are unique to just the ISP testing you're going to be in for a major surprise in life.
        If they're complaining about the ISP process, they should fill out an app for Cook County Sheriff's.

        Comment


        • This process is FLYING compared to when I applied/tested. I applied April 2009 and had 2 written/PFIT tests cancelled due to lack of funds, eventually tested in Jan 2010. Backgrounds in late Feb/March 2010 and orals in April/May. We were told we would start in June, but did not start until Sept 26, 2010. That's 17 months compared to the current 3 months from application to backgrounds. The whining is unreal. Please tell me how much smoother any other department is running their process right now.

          Like ISPCAPT said, the Merit Boad is not the ISP and has a state funded budget. Even though email is free, someone needs to sit and write up the email. And guess who pays them?

          Some towns are hiring 1 or 2 officers a year if that. The state just hired 55 on Sunday and wants another class of at least that size for June. That's over 100 hired in one year, pretty good odds. Sometimes you may just have to suck it up if you want to get hired.

          Comment


          • Talked to the academy cmdr last night. 4 in this recent class failed the PFIT. That makes no sense at all. Everyone who was hired had passed the PFIT at least once before but between the testing and the 1st day at the academy they never kept working out to stay in shape. Proves there are at least 4 stupid people in this class.
            183 FBINA

            Comment


            • You've got to be kidding me.

              Comment


              • For me personally, I'm not upset with ISP, the Merit Board, the State, Governor Quinn (well, maybe) or anyone else. I work for the State now, so this is nothing new. Hurry up and wait. I'm not going to get ticked off at an organization that I hope to spend a career working for, because that's just silly. I'm still not afraid to admit I was disappointed I didn't get an e-mail about BIs yet... Just because I'm anxious for the opportunity. If it doesn't work out this time around, then I just give it a go the next time, because that's how bad I want it. Until then, I'll keep enjoying my current position working with some great people, and I'll keep working out should ISP come knocking, so I don't end up like one of those four people mentioned above who got lazy and didn't take advantage of the opportunity presented before them.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by ISPCAPT View Post
                  Talked to the academy cmdr last night. 4 in this recent class failed the PFIT. That makes no sense at all. Everyone who was hired had passed the PFIT at least once before but between the testing and the 1st day at the academy they never kept working out to stay in shape. Proves there are at least 4 stupid people in this class.
                  Not just stupid, but lazy also for not staying fit to meet the MINIMUM standards.

                  Comment


                  • This is the kind of attitude that ISP DOES NOT NEED!!! If you don't like that the MERIT BOARD does not send you an email saying whatever you want to hear, THEN DONT STAY IN THE APPLICATION PROCESS. I waited over a year to hear that I moved onto the selection process. If you think the state needs to get their **** together, then move to Wisconsin, I am sure they would want you! But if and when the time comes that you get that email/phone call from the MERIT BOARD, please reconsider your choice of joining the best department in the state! If you do join us, you are the one who will get eaten alive in the academy and go home crying! Just saying

                    Originally posted by ActionJackson121 View Post
                    Sending out a mass email to candidates is free, and take a whopping 2 minutes to send out by copying the pool directory and pasting it into the send field. It's called courtesy and professionalism, which most departments I've tested with have done. I hold the ISP up to higher standards than other departments also. Like I said, we show up on time and complete each step of the application process within the guidelines and rules, I'd expect them to operate on the same level when told they will be doing something. Being "broke" is not an excuse.

                    By no means was I saying it is "the end of the world" either, and far from it. Sorry to hear about your contract problem too. Sometimes you need to light a fire under people's asses to get something done. This state as a whole really needs to get it's **** together.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Police13 View Post
                      This is the kind of attitude that ISP DOES NOT NEED!!! If you don't like that the MERIT BOARD does not send you an email saying whatever you want to hear, THEN DONT STAY IN THE APPLICATION PROCESS. I waited over a year to hear that I moved onto the selection process. If you think the state needs to get their **** together, then move to Wisconsin, I am sure they would want you! But if and when the time comes that you get that email/phone call from the MERIT BOARD, please reconsider your choice of joining the best department in the state! If you do join us, you are the one who will get eaten alive in the academy and go home crying! Just saying
                      Sorry to upset your delicate sensibilities cupcake. Most lax people don't like my attitude, good. But I expect people, and organizations, to operate on the same level they preach at. Don't like what I have to say? I really could care less, god bless America.

                      Let's try to keep this thread on track too, if you want to whine about people take it to PMs, i will be more than willing to have a conversation with you there.

                      Comment


                      • lol......and lol.
                        "Believe half of what you see, and nothing of what you hear"

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ActionJackson121 View Post
                          Sorry to upset your delicate sensibilities cupcake. Most lax people don't like my attitude, good. But I expect people, and organizations, to operate on the same level they preach at. Don't like what I have to say? I really could care less, god bless America.

                          Let's try to keep this thread on track too, if you want to whine about people take it to PMs, i will be more than willing to have a conversation with you there.
                          Send me a PM with your name and address and I'll make sure the Merit Board sends you an update on your status. Then you can go apply elsewhere.
                          If you want to play Big Dog make sure you have what it takes to come off the porch.
                          183 FBINA

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by ActionJackson121 View Post
                            Sorry to upset your delicate sensibilities cupcake. Most lax people don't like my attitude, good. But I expect people, and organizations, to operate on the same level they preach at. Don't like what I have to say? I really could care less, god bless America.

                            Let's try to keep this thread on track too, if you want to whine about people take it to PMs, i will be more than willing to have a conversation with you there.
                            Lol wow... Even if you do make it to the backgrounds I guarantee the ISP will find your username for this forum, look at your whining posts, and decide they don't want someone like you. Considering you are looking at a career in the Police field, you should well know that the processes (especially in Illinois) are lengthy and takes months/years to even start. That's something that I and a ton of other people looking for Police gigs have found out and HAVE to deal with.

                            Comment


                            • I just wanna encourage everybody to continue runnin and hittin the gym. When oppurtunity knocks, we must be prepared. Put your nose down, work hard and focus..the finish line is within reach.
                              "Never, never, never, never give up"
                              - Winston Churchill

                              Comment


                              • Tension baby tension.
                                "Believe half of what you see, and nothing of what you hear"

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5370 users online. 328 members and 5042 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X