Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thanks for the insight guys. I see its not just me checking email every day and expecting some news I know we still in the running but I just hate waiting and not knowing where i am in the process. good luck to everyone and post anything u find out...

Comment

• sounds like there are several of us in the same boat and yes it is frustrating. i'm hoping the suspense doesn't last much longer. reading through the beginning of this thread, others have went through this same situation before us. an email either way would be great, my whole family is waiting on this email.
      Originally posted by sims View Post
      thanks for the insight guys. I see its not just me checking email every day and expecting some news I know we still in the running but I just hate waiting and not knowing where i am in the process. good luck to everyone and post anything u find out...

Comment

• Happy check-in day to all of the new cadets! It will be a day you will never forget.

Comment

• RMM and 383897 are you guys waiting on CPD as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by ILTPR View Post
            Happy check-in day to all of the new cadets! It will be a day you will never forget.
            45 minutes until it becomes real. Don't quit.

Comment

• Originally posted by jailguard... View Post
              RMM and 383897 are you guys waiting on CPD as well?
              I turned 40 last fall, so CPD is over.
              I had my final interview with County, waiting.
              Got selected for the BI for ISP. I met some guys pretty high up with ISP through my neighbor that were retiring this year and they were even saying "you don't want to work for county".

You get on with CPD jailguard or you still waiting for "the call"?

Comment

• http://www.isp.state.il.us/media/pre...ils.cfm?ID=715

Comment

• I have a strong feeling those of us that have not heard anything about BIs will be waiting until June/July to hear, if not a little longer. The new fiscal year starts in July, so the State will likely not have any anticipated classes for 2013 until then. Especially since CC122 starts in June.

I'd love to know how many of the original 1600+ applicants passed all the testing and are in the running, as well as how many were selected for BI. When it comes to being selected for BI, is it only based on written scores, or is anything else from your application taken into consideration?

Also, how many are planned for CC122?

Comment

• I'm not. I'm happy where I'm at.
                    "Believe half of what you see, and nothing of what you hear"

Comment

• Originally posted by RMM View Post
                      I turned 40 last fall, so CPD is over.
                      I had my final interview with County, waiting.
                      Got selected for the BI for ISP. I met some guys pretty high up with ISP through my neighbor that were retiring this year and they were even saying "you don't want to work for county".

You get on with CPD jailguard or you still waiting for "the call"?
                      Damn that sucks u missed the CPD age cutoff. If they wouldnt have taken so long to grade them ud have a shot! I'm with county now. Met some great officers but the administration is ****. That's why I'm leaving and going to CPD. Plus that was my first choice with my dad retiring from CPD. Great place to learn about gangs and how they operate. I been picking the brains of the boss inmates whenever i get one on my tier. Glad I started there. Its funny to see the look on some PO faces wh en they come into the jail to do interviews /line-ups etc. Like a deer in the headlights! "ON THE NEW"! LOL RMM good luck to you buddy with State!

Comment

• "You will receive a letter from the Merit Board sometime in January informing you of your status in the eligibility pool." It is February 5th, no letter or email??

Comment

• Originally posted by IDOCTANN View Post
                          "You will receive a letter from the Merit Board sometime in January informing you of your status in the eligibility pool." It is February 5th, no letter or email??
                          This

Not pleased with the way this has been handled thus far, kind of disappointing considering us candidates paid for these applications and follow the rules/timetables/schedules through the process... I'd expect the same in return. Guess that's just me though.

Comment

• So because you didn't get a letter saying you haven't been DQ'd or chosen to move on to backgrounds you're disappointed? I hate to tell you this, but if you haven't heard the state is broke as can be. That means sometimes things don't happen as quickly as you would like or someone made a decision that sending out 200 letters to people that are waiting in the pool was not cost effective. Just so you know, the money you spent on the application goes to PSR to cover their testing costs, the state isn't profiting off of you.

Just as a quick FYI, you will be working for the State of Illinois (and all that entails: budgets, politics, hack governors, etc). I am currently due a $4,000+ raise that the state has elected not to pay. We have been working without a contract since July 1, 2012.

If this is a job you really want, you need to understand the big picture, and not receiving a letter to say you are still in the eligibility pool is not the end of the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by ISPTPR22 View Post
                              So because you didn't get a letter saying you haven't been DQ'd or chosen to move on to backgrounds you're disappointed? I hate to tell you this, but if you haven't heard the state is broke as can be. That means sometimes things don't happen as quickly as you would like or someone made a decision that sending out 200 letters to people that are waiting in the pool was not cost effective. Just so you know, the money you spent on the application goes to PSR to cover their testing costs, the state isn't profiting off of you.

Just as a quick FYI, you will be working for the State of Illinois (and all that entails: budgets, politics, hack governors, etc). I am currently due a $4,000+ raise that the state has elected not to pay. We have been working without a contract since July 1, 2012.

If this is a job you really want, you need to understand the big picture, and not receiving a letter to say you are still in the eligibility pool is not the end of the world.
                              Sending out a mass email to candidates is free, and take a whopping 2 minutes to send out by copying the pool directory and pasting it into the send field. It's called courtesy and professionalism, which most departments I've tested with have done. I hold the ISP up to higher standards than other departments also. Like I said, we show up on time and complete each step of the application process within the guidelines and rules, I'd expect them to operate on the same level when told they will be doing something. Being "broke" is not an excuse.

By no means was I saying it is "the end of the world" either, and far from it. Sorry to hear about your contract problem too. Sometimes you need to light a fire under people's asses to get something done. This state as a whole really needs to get it's **** together.

Comment

• Originally posted by jailguard... View Post
                                Damn that sucks u missed the CPD age cutoff. If they wouldnt have taken so long to grade them ud have a shot! I'm with county now. Met some great officers but the administration is ****. That's why I'm leaving and going to CPD. Plus that was my first choice with my dad retiring from CPD. Great place to learn about gangs and how they operate. I been picking the brains of the boss inmates whenever i get one on my tier. Glad I started there. Its funny to see the look on some PO faces wh en they come into the jail to do interviews /line-ups etc. Like a deer in the headlights! "ON THE NEW"! LOL RMM good luck to you buddy with State!
                                HAHA, it seemed like there was almost a year delay from the CPD written to when they announced the 1st power. It all worked out though, ISP was my #1 choice for anywhere to work as a LEO.

For anyone that didn't get an email, just relax. (yes, easy for me to say since I got one). But keep your head up, you're still in the game until you get a DQ letter or email. Be thankful you didn't get one of those!
                                Think about it: There were around 1200 at the Chicago written and around 500 in Springfield for the written. If they do 2 CC's of 60, thats 120 new recruits from a pool of 1700. How many passed the power too? I saw a lot of fails. Lets say 300 people failed the written and/or power. Thats 120 hires out of a pool of 1400. Those are great odds that you'll probably eventually get a BI email.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4758 users online. 322 members and 4436 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X