Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone who has done this process before know how it works? Does everyone advance to background? If not what is one of the reasons someone would not?

Comment

• Did this email show up in SPAM like the last one?

Comment

• Originally posted by ActionJackson121 View Post
        Did this email show up in SPAM like the last one?
        It was in my inbox, I would still play it safe and everyone should still check their spam folder.

Comment

• Good stuff.
          "Believe half of what you see, and nothing of what you hear"

Comment

• Here is how the process goes from ISPCAPT who has always helps us applicants out. Helped me out a lot from his post and I start the Academy on Sunday. Thanks a lot ISPCAPT! I got this information from page 16 of this forum. Good luck everyone in the process for CC122 hope this helps.

Originally posted by ISPCAPT View Post
            Each phase is an elimination process where the pool gets smaller with each phase. Eventually the process will slow until the governor and legislature agree upon starting a new class and the number that will be in the class. Then, as an example, they agree to hire 50 new Troops. The Merit Board will send to the Background Unit something in the neighborhood of 150 names. Those whose names were forwarded will be notified. Some will drop out due to having been hired elsewhere, no longer interested, they suddenly realize they really will have to move, or whatever reason. Of the 150 maybe 120 remain. BI will be conducted on the 120. Of those quite a few will have some serious issues with their background. If the pool gets down to 55-60 names then the BU may request more names to increase the number of those with favorable backgrounds. The completed background packages are then sent to the Merit Board and they will shuffle thru them into the "yea" and "nay" piles. Those in the "yea" pile are then invited to interview. Those in the "nay" pile are out of the running. During the interviews some will be dropped. Those who get the thumbs up then to for physicals. Hopefully by this point there will be 50 remaining. Sometimes there is, sometimes there isn't.
            The top 50 get invited to class. Some will decline and withdraw. If there are more than 50 in the pool then the next person on the list gets the call to show. After the class starts typically 1 or 2 will drop out within the first day or 2. By the end of the 1st week a couple more will drop out and possibly 1 or 2 more will fail the PT test. If the list still has someone eligible they may get the call to see if they want to show up on short notice. By the time the 2nd week starts whatever is in the class is what it is. If they had authorization to hire 50 but there's only 45 remaining then the class will continue with only the 45.
            On average by the time graduation comes the class has lost 20%-25%. So if a class starts with 50 most likely less than 40 will graduate.

Comment

• No email here yet, hopefully they aren't done sending them out.

Comment

• I got nothing yet as well. Hope they are sending out an email to everyone, like they said, notifying applicants of if they are moving forward or not.

Comment

• Some of us did not get the email today, but we will. Hold your heads high and know it is not a matter of if but more a question of when. Run hard, kill the situps, push yourself and never lose faith. Embody the motto "Integrity, Service and Pride".
                  "It's hard to beat a person who never gives up." Babe Ruth

Comment

• no email here.. it looks like we didnt make this class

Comment

• Originally posted by sims View Post
                      no email here.. it looks like we didnt make this class
                      I wouldn't jump to that conclusion yet. They still may be sending out emails plus, there are likely to be several people not get through backgrounds, or accept offers elsewhere. Keep your head up.

Comment

• Originally posted by sims View Post
                        no email here.. it looks like we didnt make this class
                        You're still in the running until you get a DQ email or letter.

Comment

• Keep your heads up guys. Last time there was a test it took ISP at least a week to send background notices out to everyone for the first class.

Comment

• No e-mail here either. Disappointed is an understatement. I left the written test feeling very confident, but you never really know with the personality questionnaire section.

Comment

• Everyone that is starting CC121 on Sunday didn't get a notification email for CC120. They did that because they split the list into two classes instead of one. Like RMM said if you did not get a DQ email there is a strong possibly you guys are still in the running. Keep your heads up and try to stay positive.

Comment

• I hope so.. I did not get an email and me saying I was shocked is an understatement..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5559 users online. 335 members and 5224 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X