300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BKruegs View Post
    I don't mean to be rude but some of these questions are getting strange...
    It sounds strange, but some processes do those things. For the CPD medical, for example, they did 3 chest X-rays among other checks.

Comment

• Very strange!!!! Looks like "ISP4ME" is going to answer "no" to "do you have any medical issues?", and pray he is not polygraphed... LOL Hope they dont look at the bottom of my feet!

Goodluck BKruegs, remember ANYONE (including ISP members in the application process) have access to this site.

Comment

• Oct 19th, 2012 Merit Board Meeting Minutes posted on illinoistrooper.com if anybody is interested in reading. When the Merit Board process opened this last time apparently they sent 6,294 emails to awaiting applicants. Wow! that's alot of interested folks. This might be more difficult than I thought to make the cut. lol Patiently waiting on the eligibility pool letter between now and the end of the month.
        Last edited by IDOCTANN; 01-24-2013, 10:31 AM.

Comment

• I understand there are different variations to the sit and reach test. Could anyone elaborate as to how the ISP measures during their portion of the sit and reach test? More specifically where "o" starts, or an approximation as to how far past the foot one has to reach?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Comment

• Question, I’m asking this to bounce off anybody for feedback, i don't understand it so I’m just gonna ask. Ranking...what is the source or basis for ranking applicants when placed into the eligibility pool? I’m very curious to know because I remember when attending the PFIT someone asked the question, "Does it benefit us to be a high achiever and do more reps or run faster than we're supposed to do? We were told being an overachiever during physical exercises wouldn't affect our ranking, they said they just needed minimum fitness standards met for testing purposes. I sway in the direction of testing exam results determine an applicant’s ranking.. I don’t think the exam has a simple pass/fail format, we’re told if we passed or failed via email but we’re not told the actual score. That score determines ranking, just a guess. I then ask myself, “if they have equal scores for some, how is it they determine their ranking?” It’s not the PFIT apparently. Thoughts anybody?
            Last edited by IDOCTANN; 01-24-2013, 10:26 AM.

Comment

• The written test score.

Comment

• i agree, it's gotta be the written test score

Comment

• I honestly don't know. If I had to guess, I would assume the written and your oral tests factor in as well as backgrounds (both positive and negative info learned), and as a few of us mentioned if people are close, everything is a factor. Did you act like an idiot on test day or get noticed for something you shouldn't have? Etc etc.

I'm sure ISPCAPT knows, but that doesn't mean he is going to share it here.

Comment

Last edited by burwill; 01-24-2013, 02:15 PM. Reason: Did not answer the question

Comment

• Originally posted by ISPTPR22 View Post
                      I honestly don't know. If I had to guess, I would assume the written and your oral tests factor in as well as backgrounds (both positive and negative info learned), and as a few of us mentioned if people are close, everything is a factor. Did you act like an idiot on test day or get noticed for something you shouldn't have? Etc etc.

I'm sure ISPCAPT knows, but that doesn't mean he is going to share it here.
                      Nothing to add. You covered it very well.
                      183 FBINA

Comment

• Current class graduates march 8

Comment

• march 8th 10am

Comment

• This is just a bit of insight on the testing and one that served me well. When I was testing a few years back I also heard the guys talking about minimum standards and how they weren't going to do any more...that is a losers attitude and not how you get on this job. Anybody that thinks like that is not someone I want working on my team and likely wont make it anyway. That mentality carries further than the PFIT. You have some very intelligent people doing backgrounds and interviews. Those people will figure you out and eat you alive.

You should go into every aspect of the process with nothing less than the thought of attaining excellence.

Good luck to those of you in the process and those looking to start

Comment

• Applicants,
                              Listen up. You have just been given some very good advice.
                              183 FBINA

Comment

• ISP.jpg

Can't say i'm a fan of the new design.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3690 users online. 251 members and 3439 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X