300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tri-five View Post
    I ran 12's on a stress fracture That I was recovering from lol. Either I showed up for the test and tried to pass or not show up at all. I made it with 21 seconds to spare. It was a painful run but it was worth it.
    I ran the last Illinois State Police test in June or July of 2011 recovering from a torn tendon in my foot. It was one of the most painful experiences, but like you said, you can either show up and try to pass, or not show up at all and fail. All depends on how dedicated you are to becoming what you want.

Comment

• Originally posted by ActionJackson121 View Post
      I ran the last Illinois State Police test in June or July of 2011 recovering from a torn tendon in my foot. It was one of the most painful experiences, but like you said, you can either show up and try to pass, or not show up at all and fail. All depends on how dedicated you are to becoming what you want.
      And one time, when I was at band camp...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chiguy27 View Post
        Idk if you are prior military but those guys can finish the run in 8 or less. Not too uncommon actually and it's disgusting when they finish and you still have 2 laps to go. When I finished in 12 minutes at a power test it felt like those guys had been done for hours.
        No, I'm not prior military. That does sound sick though finishing in 8, lol. Makes for a 4/5 minute mile itself? I need to start hanging with them, lol.

Comment

• We had two guys in our class in the upper 8's on one occasion, other than that you will be shocked once you hit the academy how much your run will improve. I think that around week 18-20 or so we had half of the 35 guys under the 10 minute mark, including me, and I normally run at an 11 minute pace or so.

Some people are runners....the rest will learn to be runners at the academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutler_to_Bmarsh View Post
            Those who are selected will end up at the academy in Springfield.
            I am pretty sure the question you answered was asking what districts the cadets will end up in. Obviously, they were invited to the academy.

I haven't heard anything about where the new guys are going yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by ILTPR View Post
              I am pretty sure the question you answered was asking what districts the cadets will end up in. Obviously, they were invited to the academy.

I haven't heard anything about where the new guys are going yet.
              Zero to D15. As soon as I know more, I'll let you know.

Comment

• Originally posted by ISPTPR22 View Post
                Zero to D15. As soon as I know more, I'll let you know.
                Can you provide info as to how hiring looks for D5? That would be my first choice if I make it through everything.

Thank you!

Comment

• As ILTPR said, most of us have no idea on how many are going where. I would guess since D15 is getting none, 2 (Elgin) and 5 (Joliet) would be getting at least a couple each. You may not know until the day you show up at the academy what districts are available.

As I said, if I hear a more definitive number for each district I will let you know.

Comment

• Any of you guys have an idea when the current class graduates? I know they're at least a few months in.

Comment

• Wondering if Chicago will get any recruits.

Comment

• Originally posted by DC27 View Post
                        Any of you guys have an idea when the current class graduates? I know they're at least a few months in.
                        Early March.

Comment

• I did the run in 10 mins, 30 secs.. That was my fastest time I've ever done and I slowed down during the run because I lost my ID out my pocket during.. So I think I could get under 10 mins possibly..

Comment

• For the people already through the background, how many got poly'd and did they do a chest xray during the medical?

Comment

• Originally posted by ISP4ME View Post
                              For the people already through the background, how many got poly'd and did they do a chest xray during the medical?
                              I don't mean to be rude but some of these questions are getting strange...

Comment

• No they are not strange they are questions bout the process.
                                "Believe half of what you see, and nothing of what you hear"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5370 users online. 329 members and 5041 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X