Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It happens annually. Rush, Rush, Rush....then hush hush hush...I just let it catch me off guard this year because the website had to change after business hrs. tonight. I checked it at 5:40pm, I just knew things were moving forward until I got a heads up at about 8:30p to hit the refresh button of the Merit Board website that I have locked in my computer(haha). Then I see the "not so haha" updated of things being pushed back with undetermined dates. Just a sad way to end the day, but I know that things can change in an eye blink of a meeting or conference. The blessing is knowing for certain that ISP AND THE MERIT BOARD both want more Troopers out there and I have the utmost confidence that they are really tugging n pulling for classes. Thats why I try my best not to worry. I just know that the same group of people who are getting ready to graduate in 3-4wks were feeling this same way 8 months-a year ago. And within a blink of an eye, not only have they made it into the Academy but theyre about to graduate!

Hindsight...theres no need to panic because things will changes in a few weeks to months. If your heart is TRULY in it, it will be meant for you and you will hang around til you get your chance. This is no stress compared to the stories I have heard about the life of a Cadet in the IL State Police Academy! We have yet to see and deal with real stress. It will be a welcomed blessing to even have the honor to be in the ISP Academy!

Comment

• I agree QueDog! If we all keep our heads up and think positive, it will happen. We all knew it was a process and a wait when we started. We are used to waiting so what's waiting some more!!! To answer your question stlcardfan, when we tested last May the application was pushed back also. It was originally supposed to be out February 8th, and when I checked the night before, the website stated that the application was not ready and would be ready sometime in March. Hopefully that means that the Merit Board may have a new application ready soon and it was just slightly delayed. I'm still positive and hoping for the best! Good luck to us all.

Comment

• I totally agree with everyone we've waited this long what's a couple more month... ISP is not going anywhere anytime soon if it's meant to be it will be... One day in the not to distant future we will all be part of ISP hopefully... Good Luck to all when the process finally starts!

Comment

• I spoke with a golden source of info today. He said that its gonna be a lonnnng shot having a test in May/June but there should definitely be one this year. Of course things change in the blink of an eye. Bottom line is to not stop running n lifting. Ground miles and not treadmill miles. They can open up the application process just as fast as they closed it down. As far as having 2 Academies this year...time frame wise...thats a far stretch. But there will be at least CC119 this year sometime. It just sounded soooo sweet having hopes of CC120 this year as well. It doesnt matter to me when they will test again because Im gonna keep working out and not get caught off guard! Just trying to keep this thread alive folks, thats all.

Comment

• I am new to all of this but I have one question about the ISP academy. I was ready to do the application on March 1st and as you all probably know they pulled them b/c of budget issues, Does this happen everytime and how long does it usually take for them to start taking apps again? Does it all depend on the budget as they always say?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by burniebb27 View Post
              I am new to all of this but I have one question about the ISP academy. I was ready to do the application on March 1st and as you all probably know they pulled them b/c of budget issues, Does this happen everytime and how long does it usually take for them to start taking apps again? Does it all depend on the budget as they always say?
              Thanks
              No, it doesn't happen everytime.
              Yes, it is due to the budget. Gov Quinn said in his state of the state address there would be no new Troops during FY 12 (July 1, 2011 - June 30, 2012).
              No money = no new hires.
              183 FBINA

Comment

• Hey ISPCAPT
                Isnt this what Gov. Quinn said last year with no monies available? Then the gaming board footed the tab on CC118? It just seems like if that worked before, why not again? And Im thinking the Gov. would say yes to a class or two if someone else is footing the bill. I just believe as crafty n witty as ISP and the Merit Board are, they would have a trick or two up their sleeves to make more Troopers because at the rate things are going, it seems like there will eventually be no Troops left because they are retiring left n right. Matter of fact there are more than 670 Troops set to retire over the next 4-5 years so they HAVE to do something. Just my thoughts but who the hell am I? haha....
                :-/

Comment

• Originally posted by Que_Dog7 View Post
                  Hey ISPCAPT
                  Isnt this what Gov. Quinn said last year with no monies available? Then the gaming board footed the tab on CC118? It just seems like if that worked before, why not again? And Im thinking the Gov. would say yes to a class or two if someone else is footing the bill. I just believe as crafty n witty as ISP and the Merit Board are, they would have a trick or two up their sleeves to make more Troopers because at the rate things are going, it seems like there will eventually be no Troops left because they are retiring left n right. Matter of fact there are more than 670 Troops set to retire over the next 4-5 years so they HAVE to do something. Just my thoughts but who the hell am I? haha....
                  :-/
                  First of all the Gaming Board did not fund the entire class 118. They only funded the number of Troops that were going to the Gaming Board. I don't recall now how many Troops went to Gaming, something like 20. Gaming paid to train 20 new Troops, no more.
                  Here's the way that works. There are Troops assigned to the Gaming Board and Riverboats. When there is a need for more Troops those entities pay for the training of however many Troops will be transferred to those entities. It's no different than funding to the Toll Road. Nearly every class the Toll Road Authority funds for however many Troops will be going to the Toll Road. Those are separate agencies but they are mandated to have ISP coverage. Therefore they pay for however many Troops are assigned to them.
                  It's definitely not the way you think that some other agency just agrees to pay for a class of Troops. Doesn't happen and never has happened that way. There is no trick and no one has to be "crafty n witty". Entities pay for the number of Troops they get, no more.
                  183 FBINA

Comment

• Ok. Gotcha and point well taken. Thanks for the clarity because I hear so much different information from various sources. But nothing hearing it straight from a person who's been there already.

Comment

• Sure is quiet around here.....Was that a tumble weed that just blew by? :-/

Comment

• Haha you're right about that! Thanks for keeping the thread alive Que. Hopefully it is flowing with new information soon!!

Comment

• Cadet Class 118 graduates this Friday, March 18, 2011. Time for Cadet Cadet Class 119 to start.

Comment

• A tip of the Smokey and a big congratulations to all the new Troopers from CC 118. Welcome aboard and welcome to the family.
                            Pay attention during FTO. Wear the hat and star proudly. Don't ever do anything to disgrace the job, your uniform, or yourself. Be very careful and remember your training.
                            Some days will be tough, some day extremely difficult but at the end of your career you'll see they were all good, just some days better than others.
                            Good luck TROOPERS.
                            183 FBINA

Comment

• Troopers Lodge #41 testified at the State Capital on March 9, 2011 on the declining man power in the Illinois State Police and the need for cadet classes to be included in the budget.

Comment

• Yessssssssssssiiiirrrrr!!!

NOTICE: APPLICATION PROCESS FOR THE ISP TROOPER POSITION WILL OPEN MONDAY, MARCH 28, 2011:
                                RECRUITMENT TESTING WILL BE HELD
                                * JUNE 4 at West Leyden High School, Northlake, IL.
                                AND
                                * JUNE 25 in Springfield at the IL State Police Academy
                                Further testing information will be provided at the application site. Only web-site accessible applications will be accepted. No paper/hard copy applications will be accepted.
                                ALSO.Information regarding the next Academy class will be available soon. Please continue to watch this website for notice regarding Cadet Class #119.
                                | 03/24/2011 |

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3688 users online. 263 members and 3425 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X