No announcement yet.

Illinois State Police

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know there has been a lot of back n forth negative comments on other threads but this is a thread of classiness, encouragement and positivity. We would really love to keep it on the positive side. ISP has been around forever and will continue to be. Those of us who are testing soon look for insight and encouragement so again, please lets keep it that way. Good luck again to everyone!

Comment

Besides not having back up, you have to remember that it is The IL State Police. They hold themselves to a higher standard and that is one reason fanofelcsum that they also make every officer pass the power test every year. IL State holds fitness in high regard and they should since most of time they are patrolling the State in a car. Also fanofelcsum let me just ask you this... where in the US have you ever seen two State police officers riding together while on patrol? I don't recall ever seeing two man cars for any state police cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd0306 View Post
        Besides not having back up, you have to remember that it is The IL State Police. They hold themselves to a higher standard and that is one reason fanofelcsum that they also make every officer pass the power test every year. IL State holds fitness in high regard and they should since most of time they are patrolling the State in a car. Also fanofelcsum let me just ask you this... where in the US have you ever seen two State police officers riding together while on patrol? I don't recall ever seeing two man cars for any state police cars.
        Sir, I understand that, the question is why doesn't the cpd have their officers take the power test every year and fire them if they don't pass? They should change it because Ive seen a lot of out of shape officers.
        Last edited by fanofelcsum; 01-30-2011, 08:16 AM.

Comment

You could say it is politics, but out of all of the cities and towns I have looked at, I have never seen anyone copy the IL State Police standard.

Comment

Originally posted by fanofelcsum View Post
            Well, I think they should start having 2 man cars, and start cutting the staffers or high ranks that do nothing for 100k plus like preckwinckle is doing with the sherrifs office. I remember there was a dead person in a car at the secretary state facility on elston(state property or what not), and it took state police detectives 3 days to figure out it was a suicide. Some detectives l, there was a lot of laughter on the news boards lol
            Even obvious suicides should be investigated like homicides. Just because it looks like a suicide at the scene should you not collect evidence, do a neighborhood canvas, and have an autopsy? All of these things take time but will also officially rule out homicide. Oh wait you are a retail manager, not the police, so you don't know anything about conducting a death investigation or any other kind of investigation for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by ILTPR View Post
              Even obvious suicides should be investigated like homicides. Just because it looks like a suicide at the scene should you not collect evidence, do a neighborhood canvas, and have an autopsy? All of these things take time but will also officially rule out homicide. Oh wait you are a retail manager, not the police, so you don't know anything about conducting a death investigation or any other kind of investigation for that matter.
              How dare you give a logical answer! You're probably just jealous of his dashing looks and muscular body.

Comment

Also
                Last I remembered ISP has many different levels other than just patrolling the expressways/tollways. Special agents, investigators, task force etc. Gotta keep an open mind on a mature basis in order to even get on the level of ISP.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus259
                  I can agree with Fan though on some of the subject. I think it is great that State maintains their physical standard. I really do believe that County, City and local should follow in their foot steps, County being the worst IMO. Most local departments I've seen/tested for, their guys were in pretty good shape. However, most Sheriff's I see, WTF is going on with them?? I'm not trying to say they are all like that, but a good majority look like they couldn't pass a test if they were given a month, lol. I get it that State maintains a higher standard and what not and that is how they have always been, but I can see those physical standards being more useful at say, a harder suburb and the city, who have to utilize force and safety everyday.
                  that was exactly my point, thanks

Comment

Honestly, it's a shame that these departments must institute a physical fitness testing requirement. Officers/Troopers should take it upon themselves to keep in good health and good physical condition, since their life and the lives of their fellow officers is dependent on it.

Someday, when I am in the fight for my life, I hope my backup takes physical conditioning seriously. Someday, when I am backing any of YOU up, I hope I don't get lazy and let my own physical conditioning lax.
                    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence to those who would do us harm." - George Orwell, April 4, 1942

Comment

that was exactly my point, thanks
                      Here's a reality check for you. Your "point" doesn't hold much water and only shows you really don't have a grasp on the topic. So you think all a Troop has to do is call and Chicago PD or one of the other burbs will quickly show up. Guess what - Chicago is just a small part of IL. There are Troops all over the state. Also, at any given time a situation could arise where that Troop assigned to Chicago could find him/herself pulling emergency duty in the far end of the state. It's happened quite a few times in our history. If you're a Troop in Hardin Co, Calhoun Co, or most of the other 102 counties in IL it's quite likely that you may be the only LEO on duty any where in that county at some hours of the day or night. CPD is always quick to respond but they aren't coming 400 miles to save a Troop's bacon and neither is anyone else who isn't working at the time. You're on your own.
                      2 man cars? Yeah right. And where do you plan on getting all these extra Troops to staff 2 man cars?
                      183 FBINA

Comment

People who arent on THIS thread to seek advice and knowledge may want to keep opinionated comments to yourselves because again, we are here to seek knowledge from seasoned veterans who are very helpful and professional....classy....HERE, you will get a quick dose of reality if you choose to do otherwise. There are State Police of all ranks constantly monitoring this thread. They may not post much but as soon as a frivilous negative comment is made, boy do they come outta the woodworks with posts left n right ESPECIALLY when you even leeeeean towards a negative or trivial comment it will be "checked" at the door....Im just sayn....

Comment

It seems strange to me that state police have such strict physical standards when they stop motorists for speeding or what not most of the day. In comparison to CPD, who by most accounts deal with the real criminals all day you would think it would the opposite. A Trooper(female) stopped my friend once for speeding on the expressway I was the passenger, and I blurted out its called an expressway for a reason she didn't like that lmao
                          That's a pretty ignorant statement seeing as ISP doesn't just do strictly expressway patrol. I see them all the time on city roads pulling people over and performing sobriety tests. Aren't drunk drivers what you call "real criminals"? I'm not sure why you're still allowed to post on this forum judging by all of your past comments and unsupported opinions.

Comment

Several qualified individuals are correct by stating this is an ISP thread. Any negative comments; not realitive comments should not be heard on this thread. I have read and post for the past 1.50 yrs. and have not seen the immature and unprofessional comments! There were several qualified candidates; thanks to ISP Capt., Rybak, Martin, and a host of many others who learned and gave great knowledge from this thread. They are now ISP troopers and considered the elite of the elite!!! I and many others want to be one of them. But this thread reminds me of the cook county and the wannabees useless thread!!!

Comment

I live in Cook County. I see them alllllll of the time everywhere on the streets. My job requires me to be all over Cook and I s do see them a lot. Both marked and unmarked with ISP Chicago District on the plates.

Comment

I see them from Calumet Park to As far south as University Park on various streets. From as far east as Calumet City to as far West as Orland Park. But Im sure they are scattered on the streets in other south suburban areas. Thats just the area in the southern Cook that I frequent most. Always see their cars washed and the Troopers carry themselves professionally always. Thats one thing to admire abt the ISP paramilitary program is that the Troopers always stay in shape, clean cut and carry themselves in a fashion that stands out from all other agencies/LE programs. Tell me one person who doesnt admire ISP and I'll show you a lying fool.... ;-)

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7794 users online. 246 members and 7548 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                                X