Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports Authority also has pocketless black shorts. Very inexpensive as well. Walmart has the white mesh laundry bags for those searching for that item.

Comment

• Ash gray and heather grey are definately 2 different colors. Most any clothing store that does embroidery will have exactly what your looking for as far as the sweatshirts/sweat pants and also the tshirt and shorts. Places like this are typically embroidering college clothing or doing it for high schools so they probably have it in stock, if not they can get it pretty quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by burniebb27 View Post
        Shopping for all of these items have been a blast. I have been calling around to different uniforms companies and one company only had 3 pairs of pants in stock and it took me about 4-5 other stores to finally find a place that had 2 more size 35 in OD Green. Make sure things are in stock before you order. One place didnt even asked me and just ordered so I had to call back and cancel the order. Most places have been telling me it take 1-2 weeks to get uniforms in and then another week to ship to you. Thats pushing the time frame a little bit.

If you have questions about colors or where to get something please ask on here. No harm in doing that. We all know and understand very well that we will be getting smoked on a regular basis and all we can do is enjoy it. But we may and I say MAY be able to help ourselves out and buying the right color and type of items and save oursevles from getting smoked that 1 time in 6 months. Saving ourselves one time is better than not saving ourselves at all.

Hope everyone is enjoying the wait like I am for the letter or phone.
        Tell me about the "blast..." It is slowly turning into a headache I called Dickies to make sure that they did not indeed have, or had in the past, the "Tan" color and they did verify that it is a non existent color. As Torched mentioned "Khaki" will be the color since Trooper Brunnworth confirmed it. I am from south Chicagoland so I called up AJ Uniforms in Mt.Greenwood on 111th st, spoke to Richard, the owner, he told me to come in so i can come in and try few sizes. They do not have the OD Green color trousers in stock, he said he can order it - it would take about 7 to 10 days, the cost on the trousers is $57.95 and they will hem them for free while you wait when you are picking them up. He can also order the shirts but it seems that it will be a better deal ordering them from Dickies website with that promo code that Torched provided. (Thank you for that Torched!) Shirts cost $16.95 (plus a $10 charge if you are ordering less than $100 worth from Dickies through him) The Rothco head covers are also available in small, medium and large sizes and are at $6.95 each which I think is a great price and he does have them readily available. He mentioned that I should contact Tri-Taylor Uniforms or Roosevelt Rd. since they might have the trousers in stock in the OD Green color - I have called them and left a message so as soon as I know something I will post it. I also called Flying Tigers Army Navy Surplus in Midlothian, spoke to Ken, when I mentioned State Police he said all he has available are the "Heather Gray" sweats and he knows those are the right ones because State Police purchased from them before for the previous classes. Sweats are $20 per piece - it is a lot but at least they will be the right color and style.

Burnie, which companies/stores did you use for the trousers?
        Last edited by jasiuplguy; 08-23-2012, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• no one west of chicago seems to have OD green either

Comment

• jasiuplguy,

I order 3 pairs of pants and all 5 shirts and 2 hats from O'Herrons in Danville, thats all they had in stock for a 35 OD Grn, I ordered the other 2 pairs from mypolicestore.com. I was trying to order as much from 1 store as I could incase it didnt fit then it would be easy to return. They were easy to work with. I think total for 5 pants and shirts and 2 hats was $530 and that was no hem done. I have a local place I am getting that done so maybe another $35 for that.

I just google the trousers and started calling places after O'Herrons didnt have enough and most didnt ahve OD green but the police store had like 30 pairs left yesterday when I called.

Comment

• I got 5 pair of pants from ondutygear.com. Cost was approximately 340.

Comment

• Update to my previous post. I finally got a hold of Tri-Taylor, seems like they do not want to do any business, but that is besides the point. They do have the Dickies shirts in stock at $18.95 but have to order the trousers at $62.95 per pair. Seems like I will most likely go through AJ Uniforms for the trousers since they are at a great price and the service is exceptional. (The only negative is that there is no return policy since they are a special order) Burnie, thanks for the tips, I will call O'Herrons tomorrow to see if they can help out with anything. Vigilante thank you as well for the website.

Comment

• O'Herrons lombard put in an order for OD green from the danville store

Comment

• I have been looking for a large enough bag to carry all of these items in and I cannot find one large enough at local stores. Does anyone know where I can order a black one from? I would assume you would probably need an extra large bag. All of the ones that I have viewed online show dimensions. Does anyone have an idea what size you would need? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

• Burnie...i looked at a black hockey bag from dicks sporting goods, $30. Haven't packed yet but am assuming the bag will be big enough.

Comment

• Also, i just cancelled my order with ondutygear.com and O'Herron's in Danville are holding 5 pairs of pants for $68 (free him) and a couple of Dickie shirts as well. Lady states they have a quanity in stock. Should be a nice drive tomorrow.

Comment

• I will check out Dicks for that bag
                          Thanks Vigilante

Comment

• If anyone is still looking for the pants www.aceuniforms.com has a few hundred pairs of the 8810X in stock ready to ship (4 to 5 business days by UPS). If you are interested in ordering call them direct and talk to Marc. Let him know you are ordering for the Illinois State Police. If enough pairs get ordered will be refunded some cash. They are not the cheapest but at least you will not have to wait a couple of weeks. They do have a return/exchange policy as well.

Comment

• I would LOVE to be there on check in day when someone shows up with a HOCKEY BAG!!! HAHAHAHAHA ... a duffle bag is plenty big. You will thank me later when you show up in a hockey bag and have all eyes on you! Just be smart about it. Just pack all your stuff in a roller suitcase that is too big for a carry on ... that should be good to go then LOL.

But all seriousness, a small duffle bag should be good. There were plenty of people who used the adidas bags with the 2 straps to hold and the long one for your shoulder. Good luck and take care all!

Comment

• Originally posted by Police13 View Post
                                I would LOVE to be there on check in day when someone shows up with a HOCKEY BAG!!! HAHAHAHAHA ... a duffle bag is plenty big. You will thank me later when you show up in a hockey bag and have all eyes on you! Just be smart about it. Just pack all your stuff in a roller suitcase that is too big for a carry on ... that should be good to go then LOL.

But all seriousness, a small duffle bag should be good. There were plenty of people who used the adidas bags with the 2 straps to hold and the long one for your shoulder. Good luck and take care all!
                                Sports Authority has a decent selection of these sport duffels, ranging from all brands, going $25 - 50 depending on how big you want to go. (S - XL)
                                I picked up a straight black one, size M for $33 with tax, and just to see how much it held before I took the tags off, I was able to nicely put in 14 big bath towels, neatly folded.

I doubt I'll have anywhere close to that amount of stuff.

Dick's has them too, and you can get a good deal on them at Marshall's (if you get a good Marshall's [farther away from Chicago the better])

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3286 users online. 149 members and 3137 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X