Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If they are shrinking class sizes, I wonder if they'll be delaying the testing process as well.

Comment

• Has anyone, who is going through the process for CC121, been scheduled for an in-home interview yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by DaBears6 View Post
        Has anyone, who is going through the process for CC121, been scheduled for an in-home interview yet?
        He told me that he would be coming to my house in the next few weeks...

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshua D View Post
          He told me that he would be coming to my house in the next few weeks...
          Sounds good! I will be keeping my phone by my side waiting for that phone call!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Torched View Post
            If this is off-topic from the current direction of this thread, I apologize, but, I've been searching online for the cadet uniforms we need for the Academy, and if anyone is going through Dickies.com to order their shirts, use the promo code GAN30 and it'll save you $30 and get you free shipping as well.

I stumbled across it online and figured I share with everyone. (Hope I'm allowed to do that)
            As with online promos, they do expire (this one didn't have an expiration date listed), BUT, I just used this about 3 minutes ago and it worked.

So yes, figured I'd share as we're all acquiring the items we need for September 16.
            Torched,

Great info! I am a little confused though, according to the sheet we received at orientation we need style 574 in the "tan" color; however, it is not listed as one of the available colors. What did you end up ordering?

Comment

• Originally posted by Que_Dog7 View Post
              Hopefully Gov. Quinn will allow everyone who went to orientation into 120. They are still working on that decision so that why I stress the words may possibly.
              Very doubtful. Of those at orientation, a small number (5 or so) will likely be alternates who will be offered spots when some of you in cc120 start crying and quit because its too hard.

Comment

• Originally posted by jasiuplguy View Post
                Torched,

Great info! I am a little confused though, according to the sheet we received at orientation we need style 574 in the "tan" color; however, it is not listed as one of the available colors. What did you end up ordering?
                Tan color was not an option, I went with Khaki, as it was the only color comparable to Tan.

Comment

• you cant do that ****, were gonna get smoked. fml

Comment

• Originally posted by Vigilante99 View Post
                    Tan color was not an option, I went with Khaki, as it was the only color comparable to Tan.
                    You do not want to be the guy with the wrong colors
                    We don't "LOL" here. This isn't facebook or some text message between BFF's who are all OMG WTFJH and DYST? We type and speak as adults. Fix yourself.

Comment

• Where were you able to find tan?

Comment

• And so it begins,.....lol. Already somebody is thinking about deviating from the instructions they were given "just a little bit". Can't help but to laugh a little at the scenario, it always happens no matter what.

Two things:
                        One, don't do it, there will already be plenty wrong with you when you arrive there on the first day.
                        Secondly, get ready for some punishment b/c in any military or paramilitary style basic training scenario everyone is going to get "smoked," its just part of it. No ****, the instructors will have sections of it written down in their day planners as a training block, not to mention the random sessions that will happen just because.

Comment

• Originally posted by jasiuplguy View Post
                          Torched,

After checking multiple sites, and seeing them all not have "Tan" but, "Khaki", I emailed the Class Coordinator about the color.

He responded with, "It appears Khaki is the right color."

Nothing more, nothing less. So, I went with Khaki as well.
                          Last edited by Torched; 08-22-2012, 07:54 AM.

Comment

• Shopping for all of these items have been a blast. I have been calling around to different uniforms companies and one company only had 3 pairs of pants in stock and it took me about 4-5 other stores to finally find a place that had 2 more size 35 in OD Green. Make sure things are in stock before you order. One place didnt even asked me and just ordered so I had to call back and cancel the order. Most places have been telling me it take 1-2 weeks to get uniforms in and then another week to ship to you. Thats pushing the time frame a little bit.

If you have questions about colors or where to get something please ask on here. No harm in doing that. We all know and understand very well that we will be getting smoked on a regular basis and all we can do is enjoy it. But we may and I say MAY be able to help ourselves out and buying the right color and type of items and save oursevles from getting smoked that 1 time in 6 months. Saving ourselves one time is better than not saving ourselves at all.

Hope everyone is enjoying the wait like I am for the letter or phone.

Comment

• I was told by a uniform store that ash grey was the same as heather grey. I didn't order them however, finding the sweatpants and sweatshirt has been a problem. Also any recommendations on where to get the plain black shorts?

Comment

• For the plain black shorts, i have seen only shorts with pockets. Anyone else seen thisnor know where to get them without pockets? Plus i found the heather grey sweat shirt/ pants and pocketless t-shirts at wal-mart.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3361 users online. 162 members and 3199 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X