Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know someone in the ISP Academy at the moment, and he says as long as you pay attention and not fall behind, you will be fine. It's not the 7th circle of hell people make it out to be, but it will be tough.

I have several friends who are Marines. They all came back from boot camp different people and really don't care to discuss what happened there either. You get blank stares mainly when you ask about it. I don't see many police acting that way about the Academy, lol

Comment

• Originally posted by usmcmueller View Post
      Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

no
      I'm glad to hear that cleared out. I got a buddy that's a Trooper and he told me the same thing but he's never been in the service. He told me that he was in the academy with a Marine who told him it was tougher....I was like okayyyyyy, need to hear it straight from the horse's mouth, not a friend of the horse. I'm Army and I have a hard time imagining the Ft. Benning nightmare being recreated anywhere outside of the military.

Comment

• Weekend passes every week? Worse than Ft. Benning? Naaaaaah

Comment

• "Cover to the Front alighn to the right everybody moves accept for the guide!" "From front to rear count off!!"

"Class attention!! Integrity, Service, and Pride! Report! First squad all present sir, second squad all present sir!
          Sir Cadet class 120 form for inspection sir!! Open them up!!

Open ranks!! Six steps forward, stands fast dress right dress. First squad stand fast second squad cover, cover perfect cover!" First cadet forward carry it on down!!"
          Column of files from the right move!!! Cock straight leg!! And two!! Drive straight leg!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BP312 View Post
            Weekend passes every week? Worse than Ft. Benning? Naaaaaah
            By day two one of my platoon mates ****ed himself during PT because the DS wouldn't let him hit the head. Within the first few weeks a kid in another platoon stabbed himself in the neck with a pen or something. Now I wasn't there but the word that got out was the DS made him stand at attention in the kill zone, while bleeding, and went berserk on him for screwing up the evening by trying to kill himself and told him he didn't care if he died. I do not second guess that he was serious.

Comment

• Hey all,
              Anyone hear any news over the weekend regarding backgrounds?
              Haven't heard anything yet, just wanted to know if their still in the full swing of things or aready made most of their calls. Any word regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

• Hey Maximus
                Turn on your PM setting & and hit me with a PM....

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus7577 View Post
                  Hey all,
                  Anyone hear any news over the weekend regarding backgrounds?
                  Haven't heard anything yet, just wanted to know if their still in the full swing of things or aready made most of their calls. Any word regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
                  Chicago area people are starting to get phone calls.

Comment

• Originally posted by chiteq View Post
                    Chicago area people are starting to get phone calls.
                    I just got my phone call yesterday down here in Southern Illinois!!

Comment

• Does anyone know how many they are looking to have in CC 121. And for those who are going to be in CC 120 have you guys found out what district you guys will go to. I am so anxious to get my phone call.

Comment

• if one isnt selected for cc120 because of budgets do you get bumped down to cc121?

Comment

• If this is off-topic from the current direction of this thread, I apologize, but, I've been searching online for the cadet uniforms we need for the Academy, and if anyone is going through Dickies.com to order their shirts, use the promo code GAN30 and it'll save you $30 and get you free shipping as well.

I stumbled across it online and figured I share with everyone. (Hope I'm allowed to do that)
                          As with online promos, they do expire (this one didn't have an expiration date listed), BUT, I just used this about 3 minutes ago and it worked.

So yes, figured I'd share as we're all acquiring the items we need for September 16.

Comment

• Glawk
                            I was informed that there's a good chance that the ones who already processed and ready for 120 but didn't make it in because of the budget/numbers crunch MAY POSSIBLY be pushed into 121. It makes sense because those people are already processed and ready and since it will still be within a 6 month timeframe, medicals are still good. Hopefully Gov. Quinn will allow everyone who went to orientation into 120. They are still working on that decision so that why I stress the words may possibly. Overall, it just makes sense $$-wise to place the leftovers into 121.

Comment

• Usually when it makes sense to the State we go another direction.... I just pray I get into 121!

Comment

• What size of class are they expecting now for 120? Did they make cuts from the original estimate? New budget crunch all of a sudden?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3689 users online. 171 members and 3518 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X