X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the info Torched.

Comment

• Hey asarose,
      Activate ur PM. You gotta goto your profile and turn it on.

Comment

• O
        Originally posted by Que_Dog7 View Post
        Hey asarose,
        Activate ur PM. You gotta goto your profile and turn it on.
        Thanks for the help!

Comment

• PM sent to ya!

Comment

• Originally posted by ISPTPR22 View Post
            You're killing my fun. These guys are going to know way more going into the academy than everyone before them. Oh well, they still wont be prepared for day 1.
            Nothing can prepare you for day 1...lol Didn't mean to kill your fun. The fun part will be hearing back from these guys on their first weekend home!
            We don't "LOL" here. This isn't facebook or some text message between BFF's who are all OMG WTFJH and DYST? We type and speak as adults. Fix yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by asarose View Post
              O

Thanks for the help!
              Good job turning on your PM! Haha
              Now, look at the notifications highlighted in the upper right corner of your page and click on inbox.
              :-D

Comment

• Originally posted by Que_Dog7 View Post
                Good job turning on your PM! Haha
                Now, look at the notifications highlighted in the upper right corner of your page and click on inbox.
                :-D
                Got it finally!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 300Busa View Post
                  Nothing can prepare you for day 1...lol Didn't mean to kill your fun. The fun part will be hearing back from these guys on their first weekend home!
                  Exactly no matter how hard you try to be perfect, there will never be perfect!

I rememeber the drive there, I was on the phone with my wife and she was worried sick about me. Me, I'm like honey what are you worried about? This is going to be great, I can't wait, I'm sooo excited, it's going to be fun!

When I was finally allowed to make my 30 second phone call home, you could hear the panic in my voice... Fun times!
                  Alex: You do what you are Jezzie.

Jezzie: You mean you are what you do.

Alex: No, I mean, you do what you are. You're born with a gift. If not that, then you get good at something along the way. And what you're good at, you don't take for granted. You don't betray it.

Jezzie: What if you do, betray your gift?

Alex: Then you betray yourself. That's a sad thing.

Comment

• So, I just backtracked a bit on this thread and read that ISP may test again sometime in 2013. Anybody know if this is accurate? Also, does anyone know what ISP's tattoo policy is? I'll be coming home from Afghanistan soon and ISP is one of the agencies on my wish list.

Comment

• Unless something has changed since the last Merit Board meeting that I attended on July20, testing will be in 2012. The Merit Board said they are PLANNING on having 3 testing dates because there are more than 5,000 people requesting notification for the next exam. There will be either 2 tests in Nov. and one in Dec. or vice versa. I can't remember that bit of info exactly but I do know for sure that they are PLANNING 3 dates. I stress the word planning because things change from month to month, week to week, day to day...even hour to hour with the state. That's just how it goes. As far as another Cadet Class(122), that definitely won't happen until after June2013. They are now processing those left from last year's June2011 pool en lieu of a Feb2013 Cadet Class. Hope that info helps ya buddy. Great luck to you and all of those gearing for CC122 because with the new military vet exemption, it will be much more competitive than previous testing!!!! It's all worth it when you make it out of the pool and begin backgrounds etc. in preparation for the Academy. Here's the link to request notification(look towards the bottom of the page in the link):

http://www.illinoistrooper.com/
                      Last edited by Que_Dog7; 08-20-2012, 02:04 AM.

Comment

• Thanks for the info Q! That's exactly what I was hoping to hear (well, maybe not the 5,000 people requesting notification part).
                        My browser won't open illinoistrooper.com. Our net is kind of hinky here so that may be why. Any idea about the tattoo policy?

Comment

• Nope...I don't have any tattoos...only Que Dog brands! :-D

Comment

• Any info on the actual test from anyone that took it? Is it like suburban depts with the math and reading? or is it all psych kinda questions? are there any books that will help? Thanks for any info. I really want to pass this test in nov or dec.

Comment

• Originally posted by ncmay View Post
                              Any info on the actual test from anyone that took it? Is it like suburban depts with the math and reading? or is it all psych kinda questions? are there any books that will help? Thanks for any info. I really want to pass this test in nov or dec.
                              If you go to http://www.publicsafetyrecruitment.com/ and click on the study guides link. The NATIONAL CRIMINAL JUSTICE OFFICER SELECTION INVENTORY STUDY GUIDE is the one your looking for. At least that is the version they said we could purchase for the last test. They have two editions the Standard and Enhanced Edition which cost 5.95 and 14.95. I purchased the Enhanced Edition. For the most part is was spot on when it came to the test. Hope that helps. I'm sure more people will be along soon to help you out with more information.

Comment

• when you do public safety recruitment, make sure you know how to do long division. i hadnt done long division for about 6-8 years before that test and i didnt remember how to do it. i had to work all the problems backwards with multiplication. its a sad day when you forget long division.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 73800 users online. 207 members and 73593 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X