300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vigilante99 View Post
    Everytime i think of the academy i get excited and my arms start to hurt...ready for push ups.
    Not to worry. It will be a relief. The pain in your arms will take your mind off all your other aches, pains, and bruises.
    183 FBINA

Comment

• Doing push-ups felt like a resting period in the State academy! The worst is the CAT training...your entire body will hurt, everywhere...It will be hard to sleep because of the pain!

Comment

• Well, everything I am hearing is getting me super pumped and I mean PUMPED. I recently heard, depending on who the instructor is, the cadets may get to experience with CrossFit training. If my memory serves me right, this stuff really sucks. But a great body workout.

Comment

• Originally posted by NissanGTR2013
          This is kind of off topic, but I was wondering what kind of schedule are you guys on? Meaning 8's, 10's or 12's? Do you guys have permanent RDO's or does the schedule rotate? I am looking for information preferably in the Northern part of Illinois, thanks guys stay safe.
          D-Chicago (All Cook County except for toll roads) is on 8's and so is D-15 (Tollway). D-2 (DuPage, Kane and Lake) is on 10's. No one in the state is currently on 12's to the best of my knowledge.

We shift bid once a year and unless manpower necessitates a change in your shift, it is unlikely to happen until the next years shift bids. All bids are seniority based, so depending on where you work, you may not see days for 10 years or you may go to days right out of the academy. D-15 has at least 3 new guys on days right now in various areas because no one in those zones wanted to move to days.

Comment

• ISPTPR22, how are you zones set up? Will you work a certain section of a particular expressway? For instance, you're assigned to I-90/94 (Ryan) from the Circle to 59th, then someone else from 59th to 95th, etc.? Do you typically stick to the expressways unless you hear something on ISPERN?

Comment

• Originally posted by nzayed89 View Post
              Doing push-ups felt like a resting period in the State academy! The worst is the CAT training...your entire body will hurt, everywhere...It will be hard to sleep because of the pain!
              true statement....front leaning rest was my resting period. Hope you like burpees!
              We don't "LOL" here. This isn't facebook or some text message between BFF's who are all OMG WTFJH and DYST? We type and speak as adults. Fix yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishSheepdog54 View Post
                ISPTPR22, how are you zones set up? Will you work a certain section of a particular expressway? For instance, you're assigned to I-90/94 (Ryan) from the Circle to 59th, then someone else from 59th to 95th, etc.? Do you typically stick to the expressways unless you hear something on ISPERN?
                Where/what our patrols are is not something I will discuss on a public message board. Additionally, that is District Chicago, and I don't work in that district, so I'm not sure how their patrols work.

The basics are you have a patrol and you need to be able to answer calls on your patrol. If you are outside of it, its not the end of the world so long as you can respond to your calls in a timely manner.

Comment

• Originally posted by 300Busa View Post
                  true statement....front leaning rest was my resting period. Hope you like burpees!
                  My favorite was burpess straight into mountain climbers.... Can you say burned out quads within a minute. Then after a couple rounds of those mid 7 mile run.. finish up the run on time or pay for it...

I don't know what kind of sick individual devised this concept.. how for each minute your late translates into an hour of payback time is beyond me. Must be how the construction workers get paid on the state tollways as well..

CAT training was the worst by far... Twice a day they bust your butt... It's like twoadays in football training only worse. I know for a fact that when I was done I had less than 20% of my body that was not black/blue or some sort of dark brown bruise. No Joke! The hot tub was my friend those weekends.
                  Alex: You do what you are Jezzie.

Jezzie: You mean you are what you do.

Alex: No, I mean, you do what you are. You're born with a gift. If not that, then you get good at something along the way. And what you're good at, you don't take for granted. You don't betray it.

Jezzie: What if you do, betray your gift?

Alex: Then you betray yourself. That's a sad thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by axelfoley4 View Post
                    CAT training was the worst by far... Twice a day they bust your butt... It's like twoadays in football training only worse. I know for a fact that when I was done I had less than 20% of my body that was not black/blue or some sort of dark brown bruise. No Joke! The hot tub was my friend those weekends.
                    They won't believe you until they've done it. Then they'll understand you aren't joking or exaggerating.
                    But then during riot week no one got bruised either.
                    183 FBINA

Comment

• Originally posted by ISPCAPT View Post
                      They won't believe you until they've done it. Then they'll understand you aren't joking or exaggerating.
                      But then during riot week no one got bruised either.
                      Maybe that hard and nails, mean sob samoan instructor isn't teaching riot control anymore and theyll be spared. That guy stares at you and you know he means business. He's got some stories tooo damn. felt bad for one guy that kept peeking his head out while going through a gauntlet. Got his head hit full force with a baton by him like three times. The guy just didn't learn the first two times he got his bell rung. Wearing a helmet of course....
                      Alex: You do what you are Jezzie.

Jezzie: You mean you are what you do.

Alex: No, I mean, you do what you are. You're born with a gift. If not that, then you get good at something along the way. And what you're good at, you don't take for granted. You don't betray it.

Jezzie: What if you do, betray your gift?

Alex: Then you betray yourself. That's a sad thing.

Comment

• here is one of my arms on friday night
                        Attached Files
                        We don't "LOL" here. This isn't facebook or some text message between BFF's who are all OMG WTFJH and DYST? We type and speak as adults. Fix yourself.

Comment

• People are already receiving calls from their bkgrnd investigators so stay by your phones for those gearing for CC121. Great luck to you all. Those of us who tested June 2011 have been waiting anxiously for these next 2 classes and now they are right around the corner!

Comment

• A little off topic...I was going southbound on I-55 last night around 8:30ish, saw a black unmarked Charger on an entrance ramp from Kingery Rd, didn't think too much of it (I was going slightly over the limit.) Soon in my side mirror I see a car flying toward me in lane 1, he pulls close enough to run my plates, evens out with me, looks and passes me up. I couldn't notice the uniform since the sun was setting down but his plates weren't either state or municipality, just regular plates - is that a common practice for State Police, or for that matter any municipality since I cant tell for sure it was a trooper, when it comes down to unmarked squad cars?

Comment

• Originally posted by jasiuplguy View Post
                              A little off topic...I was going southbound on I-55 last night around 8:30ish, saw a black unmarked Charger on an entrance ramp from Kingery Rd, didn't think too much of it (I was going slightly over the limit.) Soon in my side mirror I see a car flying toward me in lane 1, he pulls close enough to run my plates, evens out with me, looks and passes me up. I couldn't notice the uniform since the sun was setting down but his plates weren't either state or municipality, just regular plates - is that a common practice for State Police, or for that matter any municipality since I cant tell for sure it was a trooper, when it comes down to unmarked squad cars?
                              secrets cant be talked about...

Comment

• Originally posted by 300Busa View Post
                                secrets cant be talked about...
                                Thanks for the reply Busa. I kind of figured that things like that cannot be discussed on here. Hopefully soon I'll be part of those secrets

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5323 users online. 314 members and 5009 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X